Autodromo de Palmadera

Tracks Autodromo de Palmadera 0.9.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
doublezero submitted a new resource:

Autodromo de Palmadera - Fictional FIA Grade 2 track made in 3ds Max.

View attachment 636740
View attachment 636742

FIA Grade: 2
Length: 4.08km / 2.53mi
Width: 12m-19m / 39-62ft
Main straight: 1.4km / 0.87mi
Elevation change: 109m / 358ft

Features:
  • 2 Layouts, 34 pits
  • Separate road mesh
  • Dynamic racing groove
  • Working AI + hints and custom sidelines
  • Working start lights
  • Custom In-game track maps
  • DRS zone (Main straight)
  • Replay cameras (Multiple sets)
  • KSLAYERS - Less...

Read more about this resource...

Hi your tracks are awesome visually ... and I very much appreciate your work ... but the road surface is often too smooth. Is there any way to add bumps and more texture to the surfaces? If so, your tracks will be on par with the best ... and Fattest ... track modders.

Aww, that's so romantic :inlove:
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_f2004_00_palmadera_4-1-123-2-31-58.jpg

Another beautiful track made by you! I really enjoy your designs, they're not too crazy so they feel realistic but still they're unique enough and just tiny bit over the edge. Love this stuff.

There's one problem though, and it seems to be an issue on PGO as well. The walls on these tracks don't have proper, simplified colliders and they make the car fly away or stop immediately when you get in contact with them. This stuff happens when there's too many verticies next to each other on physical walls. Would appreciate if you looked into it, cheers!

There's one problem though, and it seems to be an issue on PGO as well. The walls on these tracks don't have proper, simplified colliders and they make the car fly away or stop immediately when you get in contact with them. This stuff happens when there's too many verticies next to each other on physical walls. Would appreciate if you looked into it, cheers!
This might be a problem on every track I have made, because I only do simplified colliders for guardrails.

Last edited:
This might be a problem on every track I have made, because I only do simplified colliders for guardrails.
The issue is not with the guardrails but with the blue-yellow tire barriers, for example at the runoff of turn one. Upon collision they launch the car like a pinball. That also happens with the blue-grey tire barriers on Circuit d'Ajaccio and the yellow-red ones on Heart Lake Complex. Also with some tech pro barriers on PGO.

Otherwise this is a fantastic track with one of the best start finish straights I have ever encountered!

Hi doublezero,

Ran this amazing track today in my small league race, and everyone was a fan. The reviews are spot on, and speak for themselves.

As a bunch of my league mates were seeing this track for the first time, there were a handful of wrecks in the high speed Sector 2.

It seems that every one of these wrecks unnaturally flung the car into the air, and sometimes off the map entirely. They were fairly hard impacts, but obviously not to the degree of being tossed towards the sun.

The car we used was the IER Dallara Corvette DPi. Perhaps for 1.0, the walls in the high-speed sections need to be smoothed out to prevent the famous "Assetto car clipping" that often causes this issue.

That's all. Everything else about the track is excellent. Thank you for this conversion, and looking forward to 1.0. Cheers.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 433 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 270 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 289 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 169 27.1%
Back