Automobilista 2 | Early Access Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have today deployed the first official Early Access build for their new Automobilista 2 racing simulation.

It's here folks! A new build of the much anticipated Automobilista 2, now publicly available in Steam Early Access has landed!

Release announcement in full:

Automobilista 2 is finally here! We are very excited to be able to share what we have been working on all this time.

Please note that as an Early Access release the game is not yet complete - Time Trial & Championship mode are currently disabled but should become available over the first few weeks of Early Access.

Below are some further known common issues and limitations of:this initial release:
  • UI & HUD are still deep in development, and currently feature the essentials for all game modes to work - this will be expanded with new options & features over the course of EA, with same pages being completely redesigned.
  • Early Access is exclusively in English for the time being; Localization to other languages should only be added in time for the full Release.
  • Driver names, suits and helmets are generic for all series as the whole system is being reestructured (also part of requirements for a revamped Opponents settings and the Custom Championship Tool);
  • All 3D driver animations are still placeholders and may not fully fit the car yet;
  • Other Car-related 3D animations have not been exported which mean suspension arms are graphically static, damage is very limited and wiper are not operational
  • Some series still have WIP or placeholder liveries - these will be updated or expanded over the course of Early Access

The are many other substantial updates to every front of the game planned for Automobilista 2 throughout Early Access and beyond - we´ll be posting regular updates to inform what´s coming up the pipeline as we progress.

AMS 2 EA Release.jpg

FORCE FEEDBACK

Default FFB settings are designed for Logitech G2X series - if you have wheels with stronger motors you should scale those settings down to avoid clipping.

A more detailed guide for FFB settings will follow up soon.

AMS 2 EA Release 2.jpg

FOR THOSE WITH AMS2 BETA INSTALLED

Upon this release AMS2 BETA owners will have two AMS2 apps in their Steam library - the Beta and this Main Release.

Both apps will be the same as of tonight and for the next few days until the next AMS2 Beta update (which may or may not be also deployed to AMS2 Main depending on the importance of the updates).

If you are an exclusively offline racer there is no reason to install the Main Release of AMS2 - you may continue using exclusively AMS2 Beta. If however you plan to race online or run Time Trial mode when it becomes available with non-Beta users, you must install the Main Release.

If you have further questions about AMS2, please make sure to check on our AMS2 FAQ here

Remember folks, although the simulation has moved from closed beta status, the title is still very much in Early Access state. Don't load up expecting a fully realised and finished title just yet, but I'm sure you will agree with me that the road to V1 status is going to be an exciting journey...

AMS 2 is available now via Steam Early Access.

Having trouble with the game? Post a new thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and our exceptional community will help you out!

Last edited:
It's not that hard to work out guys. The settings for assists are not greyed out in the setup screen even when they are not active. If you have assists on, they have an affect. If you have authentic assists on, they have an affect if the real car has those assists. If you have assists off, they do nothing.

So lets please drop the petty argument before it degenerates further. It doesn't matter a hoot what settings people are using to play their game, because it's personal choice.

If you like to tame wild animals, I advise you to start with Sauber Mercedes C9. :sneaky:
I drove it very often on the NoS in sims, yeah^^ Also 962C, which is more of my preference. ;)
The truth is that you are adults, but you can hardly distinguish the presence of electronic assistants.
The Super V8 doesn't feature driving aids in authentic style, because a V8 Supercar doesn't uitilize them in real life, so....what's the point, let's end this discussion.

AUTOMOBILISTA 2 v0.8.0.2 Update Now Live!

V0.8.0.1 CHANGELOG:

GENERAL

Adjusted rain spray parameters - slightly longer draw distance & slower decay
Raised default Camera World Movement from 50 to 75, reduced G Force Effect from 50 to 25 (resulting in less default cockpit camera movement)

UI
Added game version number to main menu screen
Desaturated Championship & Time Trial panels in Main Menu to better illustrate current unavailability
Adjusted order and included Start button in Test Day / Custom Event menu (allows pressing start button with cursor+ accept button as well as gamepad start button)
Added missing track background screens & trackmaps for Snetterton
Corrected F-V10 livery thumbnails

PHYSICS & AI
Slightly adjusted tyre tread physics for F-Classic Gens 2&3, SuperV8, MIT Lancer, F-Vee, Opala, Ultima GTR, Copa Truck, Caterhams, karts
Slightly reduced pneumatic trail for slick tyres & adjusted max steering rack forces to suit (results in slightly more consistent FFB)
Fixed error in suspension rates of SuperV8, Sprint Race which could lead to excessive bouncing midcorner and other handling woes
Adjusted differential locks for all Caterham models with LSD
Adjusted brake response curve & reduced default brake pressure to 90% for all cars
Fixed error in Ultima GTR Race rear brakes which would cause it to lock rear wheels easily
Reduced brake torque for Superkart
Fixed missing rear pre-warmed tyres for F3, Roco 001
Adjusted AI dry tyres for Caterhams, Touring Car Classics, Ultima GTR, ARC Camaro, F-Vintage, F-Trainer for more consistent performance vs player
Adjusted AI wet tyres for StockV8, Sprint Race, Superv8, Caterham, F-Classic, Touring Car Classics, F-Trainer for more consistent performance vs player
Fixed Chevette 5th gear ratio

VEHICLES
Mitsubishi Lancer: Fixed windscreen textures issue
Ultima GTR: Fixed shifting animation (manual instead of paddles); Added chrome stripes to some liveries; Fixed wheels and exhaust vertex AO; Added backfire animations
Caterham 620R: Updated several liveries (adding some metallic variations)
Formula Vintage: Added missing lower LOD models (which could cause cars to disappear in lower car detail settings)

TRACKS
Jerez: Complementary art pass & fixes
Snetterton: Fixed curbs & added 3D marbles to both layouts

To users still struglling with brake sensitivity, please make sure to callibrate your controller to try ensure the full range is being correctly used.

Graphics:
On par with an ancient relic of a sim
Better than the industry standard
Not as good as an ancient relic of a sim
Head explodes

I'm gonna try one
Physics:
On a par with Pcars 2
Better than ACC
Not as good as Pcars 1

Physics "Not as good as Pcars 1"...
What are you talking about ?? Pcars 1 has the weakest physics in all the sim market !
It's far far away from the standards of rF2, AMS, ACC, iRacing, LFS...

Reiza thx for the EA on Steam, i was not ready to support the product on the closed Beta for that price, but now i can have it for 30 CHF to test and what i see is very good for an EA.

Had the opportunity to put more time in to AMS2 and am really enjoying it. Some combinations are fantastic (F3 at Donington, P3 at Ibarra for example). i particularly like that I was able to get a great driving experience almost out of the box, unlike PCars2 (or even R3E or AC) which I value greatly.

Funnily enough, my main criticism of the game so far is one of its perceived strengths - I am not a huge fan of the graphics yet. I’m mainly an ACC guy, so that’s the benchmark for me, and by comparison, AMS2 looks like a game to ACCs sim. The colors are a little cartoonish and the car models seem like they lack details. Some of the textures (the far off grass at Donington ) are very low res. This is with everything maxed out.

Theres time left for these things to be improved as we are still in EA. For me right now though, AMS2 is for fun and ACC is for serious, immersive sim-racing. I don’t regret buying AMS2 at all though and would highly recommend it.

So far so good. Really enjoying the EA .

Sadly had to remove it from my present PC due to lack of CPU & GPU horsepower... as well as a lack of RAM.

So now using some spare time to put together all of the sexy high spec Bits n Bob's I've been buying for a while.

Hopefully soon have an all singing all dancing new PC to do justice to AMS2 and ACC etc,etc.

:)

Hey guys, in all the latest clips you posted I've not seen yet a pedals input graphic... has this been
implemented or is it missing? Very important piece of detail for me. If unavailable, is there any
SimHub overlay which is compatible with AMS 2 and works fine?

I’m gonna throw my 2 cents into the mix with a video I created yesterday on Automobilista 2. Totally my opinion on why I think we should all have a little patience.
Nice Video but it would be nice to have other sponsors besides ever straight, corner and over head with either Reiza or Automobilista banners everywhere. I know they are supporting the game, but to to me it's over the top, it's just my thought.

Hey guys, in all the latest clips you posted I've not seen yet a pedals input graphic... has this been
implemented or is it missing? Very important piece of detail for me.
There is no pedal input-meter yet.
I think, many people have already asked for it and it is theoretically possible to implement, the Beta had the pCars2 telemetry HUD, which is not avaiable in AMS-trim by now, so we will see.
I think, AMS2 uses the same output methods like pCars2, so theoretically, simhub features could work, but no guarantees.^^

This Series should be a must.
For me, this is the least fun FWD drive car in sim racing, but it already was in Race07, so just personal preference.

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%