Automobilista 2 | New Update, Loads Of Content Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have released their much anticipated new 'landmark' Automobilista 2 game update - including a whole heap of new content for the simulation.

Yes it's here folks - the new build release of Automobilista 2 and some nice new free and paid content for good measure. We've got GT3 and GT4 cars from the likes of Mercedes, Porsche, McLaren and Chevrolet, the German Nurburgring circuit in different configurations, some fresh updates to the force feedback of the game, AI improvements and a load more goodies - certainly marking this one out as a key new update in the development of Automobilista 2 since it left Early Access.

Before we move on to the update notes, be sure to check out a couple of key messages from Reiza about this build:

Release Promo - Temporary free access to the Nurburgring track!

With the Nordschleife and 24h layouts not quite ready for this release, we have elected to temporarily offer the other modern Nurburgring layouts FREE to all users until the long layouts are added to the package at some point next week.

Please be advised that upon the addition of the Nordschleife & 24h layouts, all Nurburgring versions will revert to being available only for owners of the DLC or packages that include it.

Updated Force Feedback

This update adds fresh Force Feedback developments, the most significant being:

- Damping now adjustable via in-game FFB menu *
- Enhanced tyre flatspots **
- Enhanced feedback during braking
- Enhanced road feel (adjustable via FX slider) ***
- Improved scrub effect (adjustable via FX slider)
- Effectively eliminated FFB "deadzone" around center in some cars
- Improved gyro moment accuracy
- Now using SETA patch offset/deformation for mechanical trail (much more "organic" feel on edge of grip)
- Tyre temperature and pressure will affect feedback
- More distinctive oversteer / understeer feedback

* We recommend using damping in game vs on wheel setting. Damping in game scales with vehicle, so roughly same level for all cars. On wheel / driver damping doesn't scale with wheel gain, so if you have gain too low, damping will overwhelm FFB signal.

** flatspots are currently presented in "raw" form. Given tire is split into many small patches, you will receive "impulses" as there are "flat patches" on tire. It depends on amount of wear on individual patch. Hence the note "raw signal".

*** Road feel is based on physical surface mesh roughness / bumps - which on real vehicles would be "fed back" to the driver via vibration "travelling" thru chassis and as a result will be felt on steering rim especially cars and race cars that have racks bolted directly to chassis, without any sort of insulating "rubber mounts" - take note this would only "vibrate", not "move" wheel rim left-right. Given our gaming controllers are effectievly "1DOF" device - ie. able to move only left or right, we are shaping this vibration such that it can be felt on them too.

IMPORTANT: Custom Force Feedback profiles may be affected by code changes to the FFB system and not work as before the update. If you find that is the case consider sticking to the default profile until the author of the custom alternative updates his version.

Update Notes;

CONTENT
  • Added GT3 series (currently featuring 2015 Mercedes-AMG GT3 & 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 R & 2019 Mclaren 720S GT3)
  • Added GT4 series (currently featuring 2018 Mclaren 570S GT4, 2017 Camaro GT4-R & 2016 Porsche GT4 Cayman Clubsport)
  • Added 2020 Porsche Carrera Cup Brasil (featuring Porsche GT3 Cup 3.8 & 4.0)
  • Added Nurburgring Track (GP, Veedol & Sprint layouts - DLC TRACK, FREE TO ALL USERS FOR A LIMITED TIME

GENERAL
  • Added support for overriding default liveries with user liveries (more info for this soon)
  • Updated Force Feedback system & Added Damping slider to FFB menu
  • Championship mode: Adjusted Stock Car championship rules to better match real regulations ( refuelling permitted in pitstops; use formation+rolling start; added mandatory pitstop; increased minimum race to to 15 mins to allow AI sensible pitting options

UI & HUD
  • Added support for additional UI track filters
  • Fixed incorrect label on FOV options tab when in unselected state
  • Disabled 'Reset to defaults' button in main setup screen when fixed setups are used
  • Fixed RR compound decrease button altering wrong value
  • Further reduced opacity of disabled menu options on in-game screens
  • Fixed incorrect current lap in displayed on HUD when rolling start used
  • Gaps now shown in laps rather than time for lapped vehicles on weekend results
  • Added lobby detail page to multiplayer browser
  • Extended MP player interaction dialog to include Vote To Kick
  • Allowed Player interaction dialog acces to all users (previously host only)
  • Updated all in-game leaderboards to allow access to Player interaction dialog (left click / Joypad X)
  • Fixed player name clipping on in-game MP leaderboards

PHYSICS
  • Revised tyre treads in GT, Prototypes, Stock Cars, Super V8 for more longitudinal slip & improved force combining
  • Slight reduction to parking force FFB (all cars)
  • Fixed missing autolift function in Mini gearbox
  • Adjusted Max force for MRX (all variants)
  • Reduced default viscous lock & preload baseline in cars in LSD diffs
  • Slightly increased speed sensitivity in road tyre tread (60s Classics, F-Vee, Copa Fusca & Uno)
  • Slightly further reducing lock per clutch in LSD differentials
  • Corrected rev range error in Group A engines
  • Adjusted default gear ratios for Group A
  • Adjusted F-Ultimate sidewall stiffness

AI
  • Scaled the pit exit speed by the outlap slowdown factor (this prevents the AI going offroad after leaving the pits in Taruma)
  • Adjusted AI code to minimise weaving
  • Adjusted AI calculations for enforced pitstops in timed races
  • Further AI callibration pass for Group A, Procar & 125cc karts

TRACKS
  • Added animated helicopter & drones to Adelaide, Brasilia, Brands Hatch, Cadwell Park. Campo Grande, Cascavel, Curitiba, Imola, Jerez, Silverstone, Montreal, Silverstone 2001,
  • Hockenheim (all versions): Minor art & performance pass
  • Montreal: Object LOD fixes & Minor art & performance pass
  • Londrina: Adjusted triggers & start location
  • Donington: Object LOD fixes; Minor art & performance pass
  • Added VR cams for Adelaide, Kansai & Montreal
  • Goiania: Fixed marbles
  • Taruma: Minor art & performance pass
  • Oulton Park: Fixed broken pitcrew/pitbox marker animations in Oulton / Fosters layouts
  • Added helicopter & drone animations to Granja, Londrina, Hockenheim, Ibarra

VEHICLES
  • F3 (F301) - Revised and updated liveries including new community skin; Updated leather textures on head rests.
  • Metalmoro MRX: Added dirt / damage effects + Dangling damaged parts + new colliders (all variants)
  • Camaro SS - Corrected LOD D glitch
  • Added Gol) Dirt/Damage effects + Detachable boot lid (all variants)

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

The AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is a great place to hang out and discuss the simulation with your fellow sim racing fans. Head over, say hello and come join in the action - start a new thread today!

AMS 2 Update Footer.jpg

Last edited:
I'm 100% sure its been confirmed to be not perfect so i think people need to stop it now and maybe go out and see if there is something in their real life that they can spend this passion on that may actually make a difference in the world ! If a car in a game bounces to much, walk away and maybe come back after the next update, if its still not to your liking, again walk away and do something productive while it updates again, rinse and repeat this or just move on !!!!

Leaving AMS2 aside for a moment, it is precisely this concept that is passing on the development of videogames and that I intend to "fight".

The developers, very often, in the advertisements used to sell their product, do not say that the contents are incomplete or that they have to wait for their development. You learn this later.

So you take advantage of the appeal of the content, but then it's up to the user to find out how things are.

In this specific case, Reiza is selling its product to the general public using the GT3 "brand", but the general public knows nothing about the internal dynamics of the Reiza team and AMS2.The general public pays something because they want that thing. Or you have to explain well, and everywhere, that that thing will always be born incomplete and you don't know when it will be fixed.

I really understand the need to put out content to support the business. And I really embrace the whole Reiza team (really!), but I am not that kind of customer.

I'm not interested in having buckets of incomplete content, I want three of them, and I want them well done. Then three more and done very well. I am willing to pay more, if the price is part of the "three done very well".

I am that kind of customer. I think it is important for Reiza to know its customers. It is much more than probable that I - and those like me - are a minority. But I do exist, and I've never liked this way of "gaming" and I never will. And I don't want it to expand. So I fight it.

I'm 100% sure its been confirmed to be not perfect so i think people need to stop it now and maybe go out and see if there is something in their real life that they can spend this passion on that may actually make a difference in the world ! If a car in a game bounces to much, walk away and maybe come back after the next update, if its still not to your liking, again walk away and do something productive while it updates again, rinse and repeat this or just move on !!!!

This kind of post is starting to irritate me. People should post about bugs, not just notice them and walk away. What sort of crazy suggestion is this? How about you walk away and move on from complaints in the forums if you dont like them!!? This incessant white knighting everything is even more frustrating than the existence of the bugs themselves. How is anyone supposed to know about the bugs if they are not reported. Then you get white knighting forum warriors come in and claim its all good, it will be fixed. Really!? Will it? Let me tell you about the AI!

I just checked the AI. So many times I checked the patch notes to see "AI behaviour improved". Guess what. I always check it.. Saw it was still complete crap and walked away. Now I am actually getting very irritated by it. What changes have been made exactly. I see patch notes but notice not diddly squat in game. I notice not a blind bit of improvement. Follow the AI and they dart left and right for no reason what so ever .. STILL!!.. They are completely blind to the player when cornering.. They seemingly try to avoid what is not actually there and don't see and don't avoid what is there.

How about I pay with a cheque next time.. It will bounce for a while, but don't worry, it'll clear eventually.. just keep trying.

Last edited:
OMG ... enough already. Reiza know what they are doing. It's always been stated that the sim is being developed. The GT3 is free content. If you don't like it don't play it. All those people telling Reiza what they should and shouldn't do be respectful. It's one thing to say I think this is a bug, that should be enough, not followed up with Reiza should have done this and that etc.. Reiza I trust will deliver the most spectacular sim experience.
There is nothing disrespectful in telling a developer how you view their development approach as a customer as long as the comments aren't getting personal or agressive. And that's how I try to do it with every sim I care about. It's not that Reiza owes me anything, but I have a clear interest as a paying customer that I get as much enjoyment as possible from my hard earned pennies spent. That's a rather easy and simple principle if you ask me. Reiza aren't a welfare organisation, they are a business selling a product, so they have the interest to build a loyal customer base, so that they have more potential people who buy their DLCs. Nothing fancy about that aswell. And this applies to every dev studio, not just Reiza.

In that regard it's sometimes quite funny to read the comments from people joking about "experts". I think there is a good chance on a page like RD with so many different users that you have indeed a few experts when it comes to running a business, customer support or software development. In relation to that I would say that people can learn alot from each other and not dismiss everything as "armchair experts talking trash".

Last edited:
But my friend who drove a R8 GT3 Evo in real life told me it is how you should drive a GT3 car: brake into apex, do a shape V turn (which helps activate the least TC) and accelerate out of the corner with 100% throttle. However if you do this in AMS 2, lets say 720S at Kyalami T1, you will spin 10 of the 10 at the T1 entry, which is not realistic at all.
This.
I remember Nicki Thiim in one of his streams said exactly like your friend.
As i understand it depends by car, not all of the GT3 Cars need this driving style.
He said this about Nissan GTR GT3, you can watch what he said in this stream.
Just Click on "Watch this video on Youtube".

OMG what a disaster was ACC on that time, I remember he rage quit 1 or 2 stream after this and unistalled it.
A few months later Kunos developed 5points tire model physics and step by step game got better.
Now he cant stop praising ACC and complaining about iRacing.

Guys please let Reiza do thier job too, they need time to develop the game, just like other developers.

Last edited:
This.
I remember Nicki Thiim in one of his streams said exactly like your friend.
As i understand it depends by car, not all of the GT3 Cars need this driving style.
He said this about Nissan GTR GT3, you can watch what he said in this stream.

OMG what a disaster was ACC on that time, I remember he rage quit 1 or 2 stream after this and unistalled it.
A few months later Kunos developed 5points tire model physics and step by step game became better.
Now he cant stop praising ACC and complaining about iRacing.

Guys please let Reiza do thier job too, they need time to develop the game, just like other developers.
Because the playback doesn't show correctly in embedded form, it's about Timestamp minute 40, for the folks wanting to hear, what he describes.

The information about the V-Shape approach is from Parry himself, like Mr. Thiim also mentioned.

Last edited:
I’ve finally managed to find some time to get in and play. As a newbie I can’t make much comment beyond the fact I’m having lots of fun. The AI is certainly far more dangerous but I’ve actually found it’s helping with my biggest problem as a newbie - race craft. I’m steering well clear and finally learning not to throw it up the inside at the first opportunity :)

This kind of post is starting to irritate me. People should post about bugs, not just notice them and walk away. What sort of crazy suggestion is this? How about you walk away and move on from complaints in the forums if you dont like them!!? This incessant white knighting everything is even more frustrating than the existence of the bugs themselves. How is anyone supposed to know about the bugs if they are not reported. Then you get white knighting forum warriors come in and claim its all good, it will be fixed. Really!? Will it? Let me tell you about the AI!

I just checked the AI. So many times I checked the patch notes to see "AI behaviour improved". Guess what. I always check it.. Saw it was still complete crap and walked away. Now I am actually getting very irritated by it. What changes have been made exactly. I see patch notes but notice not diddly squat in game. I notice not a blind bit of improvement. Follow the AI and they dart left and right for no reason what so ever .. STILL!!.. They are completely blind to the player when cornering.. They seemingly try to avoid what is not actually there and don't see and don't avoid what is there.

How about I pay with a cheque next time.. It will bounce for a while, but don't worry, it'll clear eventually.. just keep trying.
I agree about the posting of bugs but only until its been heard and acknowledged by the development team then it can be left to them to fix. They don't need to be told the car is broken in every post relating to the car! This specific issue has been reported and acknowledged to be fixed ASAP so i'm not sure why you are so irritated by me saying to walk away while its being fixed instead of banging Reiza's head in it over and over !

If my cat does a piss on the carpet i rub its nose in it and give it a tap on the bum and put it out side , i don't grab it 5 minutes later and rub its nose in it again and again just because i want to tell it again, i will do it again if it pisses on the carpet again !

If after the "fix" the problem is still there then sure let them know about it until they acknowledge it and then you can stop, i don't see the point it the constant rubbing of their nose in it! This problem may be harder than just a quick fix and may never be fixed , you can dwell on it for the rest of your life i guess or you can move on ;) Sup to the individual i guess !

Quick edit: Nothing in my post was "white Knighting" but more just stating what i see as common courtesy, give them a bit of time after they state it as an issue ;)

Last edited:
I agree about the posting of bugs but only until its been heard and acknowledged by the development team then it can be left to them to fix. They don't need to be told the car is broken in every post relating to the car! This specific issue has been reported and acknowledged to be fixed ASAP so i'm not sure why you are so irritated by me saying to walk away while its being fixed instead of banging Reiza's head in it over and over !

If my cat does a piss on the carpet i rub its nose in it and give it a tap on the bum and put it out side , i don't grab it 5 minutes later and rub its nose in it again and again just because i want to tell it again, i will do it again if it pisses on the carpet again !

If after the "fix" the problem is still there then sure let them know about it until they acknowledge it and then you can stop, i don't see the point it the constant rubbing of their nose in it! This problem may be harder than just a quick fix and may never be fixed , you can dwell on it for the rest of your life i guess or you can move on ;) Sup to the individual i guess !

Quick edit: Nothing in my post was "white Knighting" but more just stating what i see as common courtesy, give them a bit of time after they state it as an issue ;)

Fair enough. I guess I was just venting at other white knighting and the fact I had just finished yet another crappy AI race yet again :D

Last edited:
Fair enough. I guess I was just venting at other white knighting and the fact I just had just finished a crappy AI race yet again :D
I am so passionate about sim racing and want all of them to be my go to sim and i really want AMS 2 to be freakin amazing and from time to time i drive the right car with the right update and it really is that great , the Ai has had some good builds but then something breaks them in the next update and my next time will be frustrating and i feel like rage quiting, but i have to remember that this while it is at v1.5 that doesn't mean its near finished , its "a long term project" as i've been told many times and i can see that in every new beta that comes. The amount of work Reiza are doing is quite frankly crazy and from those times where i've felt something i've not felt in any other sim i know AMS 2 will get there . Just got to give them the time, main thing is they aren't walking away, but i fear they could get so fed up with the constant barrage from the community they could burn out ( i know i would) .

So i've started Dirt Rally 2 even though it doesn't support triples i've made do with the stretched view and i'm having a great time and i know AMS 2 will be updated soon and be better than the last time i played ! That's always a nice thought :) I also know that update will come around in a very short time unlike other sims that get updated only a couple of times a year if were lucky .

I am so passionate about sim racing and want all of them to be my go to sim and i really want AMS 2 to be freakin amazing and from time to time i drive the right car with the right update and it really is that great , the Ai has had some good builds but then something breaks them in the next update and my next time will be frustrating and i feel like rage quiting, but i have to remember that this while it is at v1.5 that doesn't mean its near finished , its "a long term project" as i've been told many times and i can see that in every new beta that comes. The amount of work Reiza are doing is quite frankly crazy and from those times where i've felt something i've not felt in any other sim i know AMS 2 will get there . Just got to give them the time, main thing is they aren't walking away, but i fear they could get so fed up with the constant barrage from the community they could burn out ( i know i would) .

So i've started Dirt Rally 2 even though it doesn't support triples i've made do with the stretched view and i'm having a great time and i know AMS 2 will be updated soon and be better than the last time i played ! That's always a nice thought :) I also know that update will come around in a very short time unlike other sims that get updated only a couple of times a year if were lucky .
Reading this back it sounds like i may be "white knighting" Reiza in this one :roflmao:

i dont think its software development that is in question here. its the fact that the costumers now have to be part of the software development process, because now you pay upfront, and somewhere down the line you get a product.

It's like if i would buy a car, and for the first 2 years after release the car barely works, has no climate controls, no windshield wipers, it's not painted yet, the lights dont work properly, and sometimes it just stops in the middle of the road. And for two years you go back to the factory, and they put one of the missing features on, while maybe not working properly still, or breaking something else. So him, like some people here, choose to just leave the car in the factory for the next two years until it's complete. Hopefully.
Maybe your comment doesn’t manifest itself as you said but it does in other ways. How many car manufacturers have had to recall cars due to malfunctions? I remember one where the throttle become jammed under the floor mat or something like that. In many of these cases the manufacturer even knew of the issue before release but released anyway because it would be cheaper to do a recall or extended warranty program then fix the issue. Countless reliability issues especially with Jaguar Land Rover cars, Renault’s, Peugeot etc vauxhall with its electrical woes. I could go on.
A lot of software issues don’t even show up until after release when the mass market uses it. I recal that apple launched a laptop with malfunctioning keyboards not too long ago. They decided that rather than fixing the issue they’d issue an extended warranty program which was hard to qualify for. Then they stuck with the emdefective keyboard for a few years. Then they changed the designs called it ‘magic keyboard’. Like what the heck! You design unreliable keyboards for three or four years straight. Then you update the design and call it magic. Lol. On no way am I comparing this to reiza. Just pointing out that this trend of not being finished is everywhere. I mean from a sim racing stand point, when do you call a cad finished? There’s always improvements to make and additions to do as the simulation gets more complex and as reiza continues to improve upon madness.

Oh yeah btw ever owned a Tesla? There’s a beta program for ya :) there are many bugs with Tesla’s software and hardware and they have an option for owners to submit bugs through the infotainment system

Last edited:
Maybe your comment doesn’t manifest itself as you said but it does in other ways. How many car manufacturers have had to recall cars due to malfunctions? I remember one where the throttle become jammed under the floor mat or something like that. In many of these cases the manufacturer even knew of the issue before release but released anyway because it would be cheaper to do a recall or extended warranty program then fix the issue. Countless reliability issues especially with Jaguar Land Rover cars, Renault’s, Peugeot etc vauxhall with its electrical woes. I could go on.
A lot of software issues don’t even show up until after release when the mass market uses it. I recal that apple launched a laptop with malfunctioning keyboards not too long ago. They decided that rather than fixing the issue they’d issue an extended warranty program which was hard to qualify for. Then they stuck with the emdefective keyboard for a few years. Then they changed the designs called it ‘magic keyboard’. Like what the heck! You design unreliable keyboards for three or four years straight. Then you update the design and call it magic. Lol. On no way am I comparing this to reiza. Just pointing out that this trend of not being finished is everywhere. I mean from a sim racing stand point, when do you call a cad finished? There’s always improvements to make and additions to do as the simulation gets more complex and as reiza continues to improve upon madness.

Oh yeah btw ever owned a Tesla? There’s a beta program for ya :) there are many bugs with Tesla’s software and hardware and they have an option for owners to submit bugs through the infotainment system

...and? You think the costumers of said companies were satisfied? Your whole post can be summarized by: "other people do it, so Reiza can do it too!"...

Does anyone remember when Mr Bell came back from the Need For Speed thing with this great idea for a new sim that was going to be all things to all sim racers...all he needed was Investment?

People jumped in by the dozen. After all, his name was behind GTR2, Race 07 and other respected titles. Surely he could be trusted to deliver on his promises. But rather than deliver the hardcore sim that he had sold people the idea of, he gave them the mass market driving game that is Pcars. Some of the larger investors made good money and were very happy while many of the sim racers who had pre paid in good faith felt that they had been duped and ripped off.

My guess is that he's done it again. Told Reiza that everything would be wonderful, easy money, all roses in the garden. Reiza threw the money, and then the delivery guy turns up with a rusted pile of junk that looks nothing like it did in the picture. Now Reiza are busy grinding bits away and welding bits on while Ian lights his Havana with a fifty...

I wouldn't put it past him. One heck of a salesman, that bloke!

Does anyone remember when Mr Bell came back from the Need For Speed thing with this great idea for a new sim that was going to be all things to all sim racers...all he needed was Investment?
It's hard to forget about the pCars story (a game series i actually enjoy, so i may be biased here), because people always start ranting about the madness engine over and over again... (especially in the context of AMS2, sometimes barely knowing, what they're talking about)

I remind you guys of greatest hits like "you can polish a turd, but it stays a turd", or madness engine physics = bad.

Something in return:
Do you remember about the second to last Dev Blog, when Reiza even mentioned the supportative manner of Slightly Mad Studios towards them?

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%