Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Sorry for quitting early...but the standard of driving in that race was the worst I have seen so far in a RD event :( It's supposed to be for fun but that doesn't mean it's dodgem cars...

After serveral warnings, and one specific warning to one driver, people still feel the need to drive these cars as if there is no consequence for thier actions.
This is a sim for all people of all skill levels, and if you want to race with us, you need to realise this, and that you cant go around punting your way through the field, only to blame others because they were in your way/braked too early/took the wrong line through a corner.

You are responsable for making sure you drive a clean race, nobody else. Where i realise mistakes can be made, people need to start asking themselves if that gap is big enough to drive into, and will we both come out of the otherside ok?

The bottom line is folks, be responsable, think about what you are doing, and show more caution around other drivers, they may not be as good as you, or simply may not have the health you have in some case's.
Go out there, run races, and have a jolly good time!

Well, :( i am so unlucky. sorry for quitting but here is the reason why,

Had fun first laps with Luke Walsh on my tail, (was saving tyres here and there) but then at lap 4 i made a small mistake at the entry of the hairpin locking my brakes and span nearly luckily i saved it , then the following lap i wasnt concentrated and, i got my car in the WALLS :( at the last turn, rear wing broken and i had to pits, which was 172 seconds but a weird bug then happened MY ENGINE BLEW UP LOL? i hope Reiza sorts that out.
Did you turn your engine off? 172 seconds standing still WILL overheat it, maybe you need to check which keys are mapped for that function.
Shame you left so early, you were doing so well!

Gentleman, as far as i'm concerned, whichever format is used.... being it standing or rolling start.... the crashing out incidents, before and into t1, will never cease if the guys don't change their racing attitudes.
Time and time again we experience the same problem and it has nothing to do with a bug or whatever.
What i would like to say, with all due respect to Chris is, at no stage were we warned or informed of what the start was supposed to be as there was no pre-race info given. In fact on the grid the message read "formation lap.... stay behind so and so"
Someone mentioned he read the setup on the forum, but now could not find it again....i never found nothing relating to the start format. But please i may have missed it as well.:redface:

I would ofcourse plead to the powers that be, do not alter the start formation, especially the formula type races, they are ALL standing starts, with a FORMATION lap, but rather get tough on the consistant defaulters,whoever they may be.
Harsh as it may sound, but what is more devastating than the early retirement of innocent drivers, who after hours upon hours of practice, has to pit uneccessary to have repairs done, or sustain too much damage to continue. ( Is that fair?)

Lastly, Stefan mentioned the fact that he and Dave, purposely sat out qualifying, to try and escape the "inevitable" carnage expected at the start. Now guys, for us to revert to these kinds of strategies to "try" safeguard our chances of racing, i feel is unacceptable and sad.
The aim of qualifying is to gain the best position possible for the race, and in doing so you prove to yourself...and others....your worth, instead of having to battle your way thru from the rear, with all the odds stacked against you that an accident or two , is imminent, to end your race anyway:thumbsdown: .

:thumbsup:Just for the record....i finished in 9th position.....:whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 401 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 253 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 270 46.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 120 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 161 27.9%
Back