PC1 Banned for no reason!

As long as criticism is constructive it can be both positive and negative without losing its use. The fact that the creators of Project CARS have chosen to purge any negative comments and users from their website and userbase looks like a marketing choice to me, not a development choice. They simply don't want bad publicity within their own ranks.

Personally I don't like that attitude. Negative criticism can be very useful. They devs are basically saying they don't want users to interfere with the development process, while that involvement initially was one of the sellings points of the software. Sounds like a contradiction to me.

Actually, the only criticism there is, is negative. If it's positive, it's a praise. I've stated this so many times but that negative feedback is the only kind of information that helps developing the product. Praises only confirm that the chosen decision/solution has been possibly the right one. And boost the ego, which it self is not a tiny aspect of this mess, we all need ego boosts from time to time.

Yoeri Gijsen,

Sorry, but WMD forum ist full of negative criticism. I have stated a lot of criticism in their forum. They get criticised about the GUI, the sounds, replay cameras, FPS, physics, FFB, you name it. Pretty much every aspect is criticised. But they want it in a constructive manner. Not something like "car XY drives like crap. It feels arcade. Can you do better?"

Its either constructive criticism or negative. Anything positive wouldnt be criticism at all. Dream weaver is right, there is lots of criticism in the forums, its just people with the know it all attitude that they are getting rid of. I personally dont spend as much time with pcars these days as im waiting for it to drive better, but im not going to sit here and say that they dont accept criticism, because they do. Dig through the latest build threads, you will find it.

Speaking of conspiracy, I sometimes wonder if David is a fake alias by Ian Bell himself. Just to keep pCARS always a hot topic...

David, do you feel threatened by pCARS?
Is anyone forcing you to use this software?
Maybe he should ignore it. Would save him some valuable time! But if he don't maybe we should respect that...? :rolleyes:

If I think that a racing sim or game or whatever XY is bad, rubbish, junk, you name it, I simply don't care about it. Why should I waste my time in numerous forums about that particular software and complain about it all day long? Do you think your kind of "criticism" changes anything? Really?
What if there's a myriad of unused potential?

Also the SMS staff got its strengths. Graphics are awesome, aren't they :) . For example. In my opinion it will totally pay off in the end to make it look awesome. Many people probably don't actually want 10 - 15 years old graphics. But then those also want a good package wether it's a bit more pure sim-like or a bit more like GT5 and others.

If VirtualR isn't being manipulated by SMS, why do I remain banned?....especially considering the actual hostility being dished out in the iracing hax thread.
I was the one being abused and also wrongly accused of being hostile....as it turns out my crime was declaring pcars as arcadey rather than a sim.

do you really believe that sms is interested if someone is banned or not at vr.
you beg for a ban,you get it,2 times.and now live with it.

I didn't see him "beg" for a ban. What thread did you see this? David has been singled out in my opinion and quite unfairly. It is obvious SMS own VR if not it's moderators. They jump on any poor soul who declares a any negative opinion. It's plain and painful to see.

i dont say you say that."it is obvious SMS own VR if not it's moderators" came from andy,and you don't correct him(and there comes the bad taste of not neutral again, he say something like this and i am the fanboy with the tunelglasses) and after your answer i thought you share his idea.sorry for the misinterpretation.english is not my native language and from time to time its hard to understand everything in the right way.its also a bit hard in the anti pcars community.so you can call me fanboy if you what,its ok

it's funny the "anti cars community" wouldn't be so anti cars if they put some more effort into getting a competitive FFB/physics platform.

Instead top investors are planning to crush AC and rf2. They're starting to sound less like p.c.a.r.s and more like walmart.

I didn't see him "beg" for a ban. What thread did you see this? David has been singled out in my opinion and quite unfairly. It is obvious SMS own VR if not it's moderators. They jump on any poor soul who declares a any negative opinion. It's plain and painful to see.

Yes, of course. Do you actually believe the nonsense you write in here?

In the history of VirtualR, less than 20 people have ever been banned. I'm very liberal when it comes to comments, in fact many people have been complaining that the comment area isn't moderated in a stricter manner.

The only thing we're asking for is to not be a twat. The handful of users that have been banned continued their bullshit after multiple warnings. It has nothing to do with what one's opinion is, there's plenty of people critical of pCARS still posting happily and fine, the only type of people we ban are people that disrupt the commenting process for everyone.

Behave like a rational human being and you won't get banned. We run the site and the comment section in our free time and we don't have to take everything from everybody, if you want to be abusive you better find yourself another outlet.

David, I have no idea which of the banned users you are since nobody with that name is banned at VirtualR. I suspect you`re either GeneralRushHour, Steve Ford or pcarsphyxexpert, all of which got banned for a month after countless warnings. Once your month is up you`re free to rejoin.

And as far as VR being "owned" goes, repeating something that's obviously not true won't make it right. I`ve been honest and open about my work at SMS from the very beginning, none of what I do over there has any influence on the way VirtualR is run.

Do you really think the people running the studio waste their time with petty stuff like if user XY is banned on some site? If that was the case, nothing would ever get done and the company would be bancrupt by now... some people really need to get over themselves, the world dosent revolve around you and there's much more important stuff that people who create these games worry about.

it's funny the "anti cars community" wouldn't be so anti cars if they put some more effort into getting a competitive FFB/physics platform.

Instead top investors are planning to crush AC and rf2. They're starting to sound less like p.c.a.r.s and more like walmart.
what i can read at wmd they working hard on the new FFB/physics/tire system.
and were did you read that the investors planning to crush ac and rf2?that's new for me.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 299 34.8%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 241 28.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 159 18.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.8%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 23 2.7%