PC1 Banned for no reason!

David, I have no idea which of the banned users you are since nobody with that name is banned at VirtualR. I suspect you`re either GeneralRushHour, Steve Ford or pcarsphyxexpert, all of which got banned for a month after countless warnings.

Yep, you did warn me, warned me not to keep discussing anything critical of pcars, and labelled me as hostile whilst others where hurling profanities at me.

Robvr, Rubbish. You are extremely biased when it comes to pcars. its obvious.

Just repeating baseless acusations isn't doing your cause any good.

David, you`ve been banned for trolling, not for disliking pCARS. The nickname you chose is proof enough that your intension was/is to start trouble. You crossed a line when you started derailing comments on other stories on purpose by bringing pCARS into the discussion.. this is the type of stuff we don't allow.

I don't have a cause as you put it, but blatent Pcars propaganda support gets my goat. What about all those members who hurled profanities at David? What about those who who actually broke your forum rules? Oh no, very one sided. It's plain to see. Impartiality is not something you seem to allow.

I don't have a cause as you put it, but blatent Pcars propaganda support gets my goat. What about all those members who hurled profanities at David? What about those who who actually broke your forum rules? Oh no, very one sided. It's plain to see. Impartiality is not something you seem to allow.

Which propaganda? The pCARS news stories that make up less than 10% of all the content on VirtualR and that can be found on every other sim racing site as well?

David chose to sign up with a troll account with the sole intention of stirring up trouble. Playing the victim card now is a rather cheap move, don't you think. If you`re trolling, you should at least be man enough to live with the backlash.

Oh, so every single person questioning your ties with SMS and your moderation is a nutter huh.....very convenient mindset but not the least bit plausible.
You dont question tho david, you accuse. Maybe its true, maybe it isnt, but you dont know for sure. Its easy to say Rob is over glamorizing pcars becwuse your view is already tainted. Its like when you hear a loud bang in the night and you are dead set someone is in your house. then you go check the facts and see it was just the cat. its easy to be overcome by conspiracy theories.

I agree with martin, just because he supports and enjoys pcars doesnt mean he is a fanboy with tunnel vision. isnt this getting personal bram, which is against your rules? I like pcars and vr so does that mean that im a tunnel visioned fanboy owned by sms too?

In this thread there are in general only two types of persons posting Nathan. Haters and Fanboys and both of them have the same characteristics: tunnel vision and are not willing to accept another persons view or even listen to it.

In other threads in this pCARS forum people at least give eachother a break and discuss on topic. Which can't be said of this completely useless thread :)

Also I didnt say that fanboys are owned by SMS. Even if they are I couldn't care less as that is none of my business. SMS should do what they believe is correct for their game. Others that don't agree with it can either just accept that and move on or fill this thread until it reaches 1000 pages. Don't think it will help but nobody is stopping you to vent your views on the matter.
Fanboy
An extreme fan or follower of a particular medium or concept, whether it be sports, television, film directors, video games (the most common usage), etc.

Known for a complete lack of objectivity in relation to their preferred focus. Usually argue with circular logic that they refuse to acknowledge. Arguments or debates with such are usually futile. Every flaw is spun into semi-virtues and everything else, blown to comedic, complimentary proportions.

I guess i just get tired of the use of fanboy to anyone who is passionate about something. If anything the anti cars guys are more tunnel visioned than martin. Martin seems to appreciate all types of racers wether they be hardcore sims or not and i can respect that. I think you misplace his optimism for pcars as being a fanboy of it. There are two sides and while it may seem that virtual r is biased towards pcars, and probably is to some degree, things arent always exactly as they appear. Its easy to speculate but no one in here knows for sure. In the end tho, as you said bram, who cares. If you dont like VR and think its biased towards pcars, then find your news elsewhere. No sense in harping on things you cant change and in the grand scheme of life it seems very petty :)

I guess i just get tired of the use of fanboy to anyone who is passionate about something. I

I've developed a passion for sim racing, but it wasn't so long ago that I was open to simcades but got sick of the issues they always seemed to have and also began to appreciate the precision of sims more after buying a G27.

As for VlR, I suppose this is another subject we shouldn't dare discuss, another taboo subject that says something negative about us, but let's bullshitters and enthusiastic marketers off the hook huh....:rolleyes:

I've developed a passion for sim racing, but it wasn't so long ago that I was open to simcades but got sick of the issues they always seemed to have and also began to appreciate the precision of sims more after buying a G27.

As for VlR, I suppose this is another subject we shouldn't dare discuss, another taboo subject that says something negative about us, but let's bullshitters and enthusiastic marketers off the hook huh....:rolleyes:

Off the hook for what? They dont owe you anyhing. Again, you are making a big deal about what is essentially nothing.

I think that Bram's "fanboy" branding, according to his quoted definition above, is unfair. They (Martin, Nathan et al) aren't eulogising over pCARS in any way close to that of your definition, they're just reacting to the endlessly repeated allegations of all sorts, against the sim, the company and the community, including the ridiculous conspiracy therories. Heck, the very name of this thread is an actual, bona fide lie (there, I said it - of course nobody has been banned for no reason, in case anybody should wonder).

It's especially amusing to observe how these obsessive detractors attempt to cast themselves in the role of the downtrodden, and claim that there is a framework of systematic repression concerted by WMD/SMS, while they themselves are the ones stomping on everybody and everything related to pCARS.

One should remember that the WMD members represent a cross section of the sim community. There are members from all walks of life and racing simulations, and from all sim communities. It's far from a homogeneous group of blind fanboys. They're rather pioneers, if you will, of a new way of doing things, and as such experience and acknowledge the ups and downs of the process. It goes without saying that they will also defend the project when it's under unjust fire, like all people naturally defend what they have a positive interest in. It's easy to tear things down - it's far harder to build them up.

The active WMD members are probably among the most critical group on a rational level - every day on WMD there are lots of postings pointing out every little issue with the sim. They are also critical of the way things are wrongly portrayed, exaggerated and plainly lied about around the net, and with particular intensity here on RD. BTW, it was also interesting to read the pCARS thread at iRacing - it's clear that the majority of people there are very tired of the relentless detractors that turn otherwise interesting threads into muck and create discord within the community.

So, on one hand you have a handful of very vocal people that are hell bent on vandalism, on the other hand you have the numerous entrepreneurs who try to build something up. For me (a WMD member), sitting on the sideline and observing this shitstorm, it's easy to see which party is the more rational and productive one. I belive others who might happen upon this thread will be able to see this quite clearly too.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%