Changes:
fixed the physical pit lane error - thanks fmg
corrected typo on Adler banner - thanks Sascha Guenther
fixed spectators poking through banners - thanks twobegreen
fixed floating house in village - thanks Please Stop This
altered church roof / added weather vane - thanks AccAkut
adjusted AI spline boundary edges to reduce crashing of AI
fixed camera set 1 and added new camera set 2 - thanks FFF789
altered LOD OUT for most objects to slightly improve FPS performance - thanks...

Read the rest of this update entry...

A few of the visible changes:
fixed typo in SPORTWAGON
Screenshot_birdcage_battenbergring_21-6-122-14-51-16.jpg

altered church spire modelling and added weathervane
Screenshot_birdcage_battenbergring_21-6-122-14-54-31.jpg

made use of the empty bins
Screenshot_birdcage_battenbergring_21-6-122-14-54-51.jpg

replaced non-period correct cars with a giant rubber duck and a brown bear
Screenshot_birdcage_battenbergring_21-6-122-15-1-50.jpg

Screenshot_ks_lotus_25_battenbergring_24-6-122-14-40-0.jpg

Also, it's a minor thing and not worth another update, but @The Vampire noticed that in data/lighting.ini SUN_HEADING_ANGLE=222.111765343103, and since the track was modelled with the correct real-life orientation, sun rise / set will be wrong. Just change it to =0 for correct sun position - sorry.

PROS:

1- Fat-Alfie, always perfecting perfection, taking care of the little details. Incredible. Thaaanks.

2- With this mods, we learn some history. The lesson that I learn today is that in 50's there where already chavs in parking lots... :D

Battenbergring Fest.jpg

CONS:

1- I've never been to Germany and I wanted to go on holidays some day... but these tracks are going to be guilty of never going there; with the level of detail in these mods, it's like I've already been there... :cry:

To finish, a suggestion: for the next hooligans scenario, you can use some Franziskaner Weissbier bottles, please (I'm fine with any of the unfiltered varieties, Naturtrüb or Dunkel). It may not be geographically exaaaactly accurate and it probably wouldn't be a hooligan's beer of choice, but are my favorite among the abbey beers and I would feel great joy...

Hi @Fat-Alfie , as suggested I have tested Battenbergring with and without grass.kn5...

WITH grass.kn5
25-06-2022, 19:23:44 acs.exe benchmark completed, 16914 frames rendered in 374.761 s
Average framerate : 45.1 FPS
Minimum framerate : 34.8 FPS
Maximum framerate : 54.1 FPS
1% low framerate : 35.1 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 33.6 FPS

WITHOUT grass.kn5
25-06-2022, 19:15:23 acs.exe benchmark completed, 20713 frames rendered in 380.674 s
Average framerate : 54.4 FPS
Minimum framerate : 45.5 FPS
Maximum framerate : 60.0 FPS
1% low framerate : 46.0 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 45.2 FPS

The minimum frame rate is noticeably down on the typical FPS for most of the track, and for both cases above occurs after the 3rd hairpin on the run back toward the start finish line.

GPU: R9 270 2GB. No stuttering seen, VRAM appears sufficient.

Last edited:
Can I just ask, do you use CSP? If so, which version?
CSP 0.1.68, SOL 1.5.5, GrassFX is OFF, as are most FPS heavy extras.

Fonteny with world details HIGH (grass is present but there is less of it than very high)...
25-06-2022, 21:02:37 acs.exe benchmark completed, 37279 frames rendered in 701.708 s
Average framerate : 53.1 FPS
Minimum framerate : 45.3 FPS
Maximum framerate : 60.1 FPS
1% low framerate : 46.5 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 45.1 FPS

Last edited:
Not sure if someone else have mentioned it, but right before the 11 km stone on the right hand side, there are some big holes between the track surface and the dirt, that will launch the car to the moon if you get too close. They seem to start around the 50 meter sign a bit further back..

Also I am getting a track cut warning when leaving the pits for the first time..'

Otherwise a top notch track! :thumbsup:

Wow, this has to be one of the best looking tracks I've seen in a long time! As someone that's had a go at creating a track, I can tell how many hundreds/thousands of hours have gone into this and it's worth the effort.
Fat-Alfie is a genius.
Every track he has ever created gives you the feeling of 'going somewhere'.
Just a few minutes ago, I was discussing with the Center Manager here at HondaJet, Greensboro about Fat-Alfie's work.
We were discussing how interesting it would be to get sim 'modders' involved with airport modelling for our simulators.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 496 68.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 305 42.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 329 45.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 160 22.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 195 26.9%
Back