Battenbergring

Tracks Battenbergring 1.1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for the update! Can I trademark 'Leaves of Death' for my 90s throwback emo band name please?

Do you know what cars and what aggression settings you're using? I find it works well with most default cars or ones with nicely turned ai.ini settings.
I 've trying with AC Legends and FormulaVintage (Matra & Tecno F2) with force at 100% and agressivity 20%, like others tracks

With all due respect to car modders, not all car mods are made equal. Some car modders put a lot of time and effort into the AI settings for their cars, and others... just don't.

Even the AI performance of Kunos cars varies wildly from car to car when used on the same track. I did most of my AI testing using Kunos' Lotus 25, Lotus 49, Porsche 718 RS 60 and Maserati 250F, and tried my best to get these cars to perform as realistically as possible. I can't vouch for many other cars, tbh. AI splines and AI hints are always going to be a compromise as there is no 'one size fits all' solution, I'm afraid.

We novices tend to think, especially when starting out in this hobby, that if one thing works well, it has to work well in any other circumstance... and over time you realize that this is not the case, that there are many small details (as many as modders) that can totally change the experience.

This can be frustrating at first, but as soon as you accept the idea that not everything is perfect in the life of the sim racer, you live happier, really... And remember, my friends, that many modders offer their work and effort for FREE, so I think we can't blame for little glitches anyone who is offering us authentic works of art... and for FREE, I repeat...

big shout out to you bro i love the way ur tracks look/feel,

got a question for you, can you build the fujimi kaido circuit located in japan? it was featured in forza motorsport 3, further than that i don,t know wich game includes this circuit.

would love to race the mountain once more so are you up for the challange?;P

gr Juulgg

Thanks for the kind words, and I'm glad you enjoy the tracks.

I don't take on commissions, unfortunately - it's hard enough trying to stay motivated when you are making a track that you really love yourself, never mind one that you are making because someone else loves :coffee:

Anyway, it seems that the track you want is a fictional one made for FM3, although based on real roads (a bit like my Fonteny circuit), so I would guess that it's not going to appear in any other game.

-EDIT- it seems someone has already ripped it from FM3 and placed a conversion in AC :rolleyes:

Thanks for the kind words, and I'm glad you enjoy the tracks.

I don't take on commissions, unfortunately - it's hard enough trying to stay motivated when you are making a track that you really love yourself, never mind one that you are making because someone else loves :coffee:

Anyway, it seems that the track you want is a fictional one made for FM3, although based on real roads (a bit like my Fonteny circuit), so I would guess that it's not going to appear in any other game.

-EDIT- it seems someone has already ripped it from FM3 and placed a conversion in AC :rolleyes:
i understand man, looking forward seeing more of your creations come to life:) could not find a track yet but i will keep searching xD

Last edited:
Great work. Is there a way to add road detail with random generator or more fancy system. Thought it was the settings or car but the FFB felt like floating because not enough road detail.

In my opinion, the road detail is just fine. The road physical mesh uses 1.1 million tris, and I added variation for worn tarmac, road patches and natural undulations by hand.

I tested the track with both modern and vintage cars for many weeks before the track was released and was very satisfied with the way the road surface was transmitted through the wheel's FFB.

Can I ask you which wheel you use, and what your settings are for FFB in the game / CM, and whether or not you use any kind of FFB PP or LUT?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 48
In my opinion, the road detail is just fine. The road physical mesh uses 1.1 million tris, and I added variation for worn tarmac, road patches and natural undulations by hand.

I tested the track with both modern and vintage cars for many weeks before the track was released and was very satisfied with the way the road surface was transmitted through the wheel's FFB.

Can I ask you which wheel you use, and what your settings are for FFB in the game / CM, and whether or not you use any kind of FFB PP or LUT?
My friend got me into the 60s racing scene and have raced just on ACC even though I have had AC for years. Have been setting up FFB and frankly bit lost with CM, there are many tweaks that make the FFB surprisingly different. Yes had a old lut that I removed and felt instantly better. I have a Moza R9 (damping off and some friction and inertia) and in AC all road effects off. I have the experimental option on with damper 20 and gyro enabled. In CM I have the FFB extra options basically all on with restricting the nm to 9 and accurate gyro also on (tried it off too). Two gyros is not good? Love the Bizzarrini and mainly drive that. Thanks for replying and if you have FFB recommendations I gladly take advice.

No, the physics mesh has been the same since it was released.

I use a Thrustmaster TS-PC set to 100% in the TM control panel, no LUT in CM, and the following settings:
1664272262403.png

I do use FFB Tweaks in the CSP, with the following settings:
1664272125757.png

Attachments

• 1664272068195.png
    1664272068195.png
    198.6 KB · Views: 47
Yeah, mod cars can be a bit hit-and-miss regarding the quality of their feedback.

As a track testing benchmark, I tend to head straight for the Kunos KTM X-Box, Praga R1 and Lotus 25. I know exactly how these cars should feel on my previous tracks, so if a new track feels a bit 'dead', I know it's the track not the car.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 47 32.2%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 44 30.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 26 17.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 3 2.1%