00 BeamNG RALLY CAR copy.jpg
0 BeamNG RALLY CAR copy.jpg
1 BeamNG RALLY CAR copy.jpg
2 BeamNG RALLY CAR copy.jpg
3 BeamNG RALLY CAR copy.jpg
4 BeamNG RALLY CAR copy.jpg
6 BeamNG RALLY CAR copy.jpg
7 BeamNG RALLY CAR copy.jpg

Sometimes you come across a Video for BeamNG that seems so outragous that it's awesome:geek:...would never have thought in my wildest dreams that you could do this in a Sim:D

Last edited:
I've often wondered when taken Screenshots in dim light if only there was another Light Source you could add into the scene to kick a little more reflective light into the shadows, much like using a Reflector in Photography.

BeamNG to the rescue, well kinda:confused::D....the below scene was an idea I had to add extra light into a dark scene with the Rock Basher...all this is just playing around and exploring what BeamNG can do;)

1st screenshot with only the Rock Basher lights on to luminate the forground, very dark overall
0 BeamNG ROCK BASHER 2 Stambecco LIGHT Source CROP.jpg

2nd Screenshot I added a Stambecco vehicle to the left rear side with lights on to give a little rim light from the rear.
1 BeamNG ROCK BASHER 2 Stambecco LIGHT Source CROP.jpg

3rd Screenshot, added another Stambecco to the far right front side to add a little light to the front side body of the Rock Basher.
2 BeamNG ROCK BASHER 2 Stambecco LIGHT Source CROP.jpg

Below Screenshot shows positioning of Stambecco vehicles for extra lighting at the left and right sides
3 BeamNG ROCK BASHER 2 Stambecco LIGHT Source copy.jpg

It would be awesome to have the ability to add extra moveable light sources in Photo Mode that can have the adjustability to produce extra Color / Diffuse / Spectular / narrow Beam lights to kick in that extra bit of Fill Light...only thinking out loud:geek:

Why, you may ask:O_o:...because BeamNG is awesome and this kept me entertained for an hour and a half:roflmao:

Last edited:
Having a try at adding some extra 'Lighting' into a scene:geek:...absolutely amazing what BeamNG can do:inlove:...and I'm still a noob with a lot of learning to do:redface:

I first park up the car in a potential scene for a Screenshot, hit 'F11' to bring up 'World Editor'
Click 'Create Object' icon which will bring up another Tool bar...click on the 'Point Light' icon, drag into scene, then 'Close' tool bar by clicking 'Create Object' icon again.

00 BeamNG Civetta BOLIDE GTR Group 5 at ITALY 3 lights CROP.jpg

Go to top Menu Bar, click on 'Window' and find 'Scene Tree' click to get list, use this to find your individual Point Lights, then go back to Window and click on 'Inspector' use this to adjust properties of each Point Light when selected.
Once all lights where placed and adjusted, press 'F11' again to exit World editor then open up 'Photo Mode' and compose the Screenshot.

0 BeamNG Civetta BOLIDE GTR Group 5 at ITALY 3 lights COPY.jpg

Screenshot below shows the 3 'Point Lights' I placed in the scene illuminating the vehicle with extremely low no Sunlight to show 'Point Light' illumination.

1 BeamNG Civetta BOLIDE GTR Group 5 at ITALY 3 lights COPY.jpg

Final Screenshot with the 'Time of day' slider adjusting the Sun (personal taste)

1a BeamNG Civetta BOLIDE GTR Group 5 at ITALY 3 lights COPY.jpg

This is an absolute game changer for the Screen shot creater such as myself.
Time spent 5 hours learning to do it:confused:...loved every second:D

Last edited:
Can you add a new light to an already Saved 'Replay?:O_o:...Yes you can:D

Below is a previously saved Replay and an existing Screen Shot taken from it.

1a BeamNG TRUCK vs Small CAR WRECK at UTAH copy.jpg

Started the Replay and paused at approx the same moment as what I wanted to do is add a little reflective light to the front / face side of of the wrecked car and Truck.
Used a 'Spotlight' in 'World Editor' this time. (Same proceedure as above Post)

1b BeamNG TRUCK vs Small CAR WRECK at UTAH 1 Spotlight copy.jpg

Really liking what you can do when creating Screenshots in BeamNG;)

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoying 'Speed Runs' with various cars in BeamNG on Italy's 'Freeway Run - Route A'...it has challenging fast curves, some decent straights to open them up, a Tunnel, fantastic scenery and add a nice time of day lighting...just Magical:inlove:

0 BeamNG ITALY Freeway Run ROUTE A with VARIOUS CARS copy.jpg
1 BeamNG ITALY Freeway Run ROUTE A with VARIOUS CARS copy.jpg

Taking the 'Ibishu Miramar Race' out for a rally around Italy:inlove:...stopped by the 'Docks' for some shots and continued around the bay.
I tip my hat to the Scene Artists, they did a fantastic job with Italy, as with all the maps in BeamNG, very picturesque:)

3 BeamNG Ibishu Miramar RACE at ITALY Docks copy.jpg
4 BeamNG Ibishu Miramar RACE at ITALY Landscape copy.jpg
2 BeamNG Ibishu Miramar RACE at ITALY Docks copy.jpg
4b BeamNG Ibishu Miramar RACE at ITALY Landscape copy.jpg
4a BeamNG Ibishu Miramar RACE at ITALY Landscape copy.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%