Better frame rate when recording with Fraps?

This is about rfactor and rfactor 2, where I'm recording clips, but clips with many cars in shot have a frame rate of about 10fps, and i just find it hard to get decent audio by speeding up slow mo. Is there any way to get a better frame rate when recording with Fraps other than recording in slow-mo?

Well, before I can answer that question, the first question would be, how is the framerate of your game, without FRAPS recording, when you have 10+ cars?

Simple answer would be that, in case your framerate is low at those moments as well, the only option is to:
- Lower graphics settings (relief the GPU + CPU)
- Lower resolution. Full HD is only 1080x720, so recording in a higher resolution is not needed in principle (relief the GPU + CPU)
- Upgrade the computer (increase capacity of GPU/CPU)

Check your Performance tab on the task manager to see what is limiting your framerate at that moment.

If I want to record something I usually just use the replay and record from that. But if you need to do it whilst playing try saving it to a different HDD if possible. If the game is on the C drive try recording to the D drive etc

Well, all performance enhancements you make, will make no difference if the framerate is low without running Fraps :).

It only lowers the frames, so you will never get higher then the game itself without recording on.

Indeed, using a replay works better most of the time :)

Fraps in my oppinion kills the fps when recording.

I'd recommend you try Dxtory or MSI Afterburner. They do not have such a big hit on frame drops.
My problem is that the video I recorded stutters for some odd reason but in all other non sim games it is smooth as silk

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 52 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 33 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%