Apps Blinker Sound App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Takeyoh, is it possible to allow minimum 3x blinking? In real life, when you press turn signal once, most cars blink 3 times and turn off automatically. When you push through the resistance it blinks until you manually turn it off. I tried changing the lua-code, but I could not come up with a solution.
Any ideas how this could be done?

In real life, when you press turn signal once, most cars blink 3 times and turn off automatically.
I have never been in a car that does that. In old cars with non-electronic blinkers you can even switch it on and off "between blinks" and not let it turn on. I think that what you describe must be specific to some models, most probably built in the last 10 years or so.

Dear Takeyoh, is it possible to allow minimum 3x blinking? In real life, when you press turn signal once, most cars blink 3 times and turn off automatically. When you push through the resistance it blinks until you manually turn it off. I tried changing the lua-code, but I could not come up with a solution.
Any ideas how this could be done?
Thank you for your comment.
The blinker is active until the steering wheel is turned back on or the blinker is turned off after it is turned on. it doesn't automatically stop after 3 blinks, does it? I have not been able to verify this as that condition does not occur in my environment.

Oh, you're not talking about AC, you're talking about real cars.
I still don't know how to change the controls on the Blinker itself either.
I created a way to implement the engine start function yesterday. So I am able to control the gas pedal and RPM with lua script, so maybe I can control the blinker as well?
I have not tried it, so I am not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
I would advise you change kinkon:ppause() (added 2 p because the emoji) at line 126 to kinkon:stop()
this make it restart from the beginning instead of just starting in the middle of the audio file when slowing down which makes it more realistic

Last edited:
i also have a question
for the overspeed sound how can i edit it to not loop the sound (make it only play 1 time)
If you do not want looping playback, set this before executing play().
kinkon:setLooping(false)
The "kinkon" should match the declaration in the script.
Also, if this is written in the update function, playback will repeat after each sound end, so prepare a variable that represents the status and control it so that it does not play continuously.
This is summarized in the blog. Please take a look if you like. (Please use google translate since it is a Japanese site.)

If you do not want looping playback, set this before executing play().
kinkon:setLooping(false)
The "kinkon" should match the declaration in the script.
Also, if this is written in the update function, playback will repeat after each sound end, so prepare a variable that represents the status and control it so that it does not play continuously.
This is summarized in the blog. Please take a look if you like. (Please use google translate since it is a Japanese site.)
thanks i was trying to get it to work i had something similar to it
edit: is there a way to like add a list of sounds that i could choose from ?

Last edited:
thanks i was trying to get it to work i had something similar to it
edit: is there a way to like add a list of sounds that i could choose from ?
The blinker sound can be changed for each car by placing the file blinker.mp3 in the car mod extension folder.
Please read the readme for details.

i dont know why he keeps updating this app and asking people to do manual edits, when i already made an app that has all these options already?

i know you can but its a hassle at times to keep changing it for each car
you can use the iclicker app i made instead, it has everything you are asking for.

i dont know why he keeps updating this app and asking people to do manual edits, when i already made an app that has all these options already?

you can use the iclicker app i made instead, it has everything you are asking for.
Wow, tone it down a little buddy
Very aggressive sounding for a danish dude. We like this app, and we're glad he created it and updates it. And I for one didn't know about your app. I will test it out as well. Maybe it's even better. But have some respect for other modders.

Wow, tone it down a little buddy
Very aggressive sounding for a danish dude. We like this app, and we're glad he created it and updates it. And I for one didn't know about your app. I will test it out as well. Maybe it's even better. But have some respect for other modders.

i did not mean to come off in a negative way, im just baffled that he is updating for irrelevant changes and asking people to edit the script instead of implementing something so the end user can easily do it OR instead refer people to the app i told him that i made, in one of the very first posts here (which can already do most if not all the features asked for here).

Last edited:
i did not mean to come off in a negative way, im just baffled that he is updating for irrelevant changes and asking people to edit the script instead of implementing something so the end user can easily do it OR instead refer people to the app i told him that i made, in one of the very first posts here (which can already do most if not all the features asked for here).
No worries, I reacted a bit harsh because he's my Japanese virtual friend. I'm pretty sure its a communication problem, between you two. He's very Japanese and for him English is difficult to understand. Besides that, he creates a lot of weird and creative mods (progress on his blog/youtube channel) which seems to suggest he's not paying attention whats already available in the modding scene, but rather just creates stuff that he himself likes (and thinks is missing). I can understand your perspective. Will try your mod tonight.

Thanks for your comment.
I did not mean to confuse you and I think iclicker is a good application.

I am glad that you have various requests, but I think it is up to the mod creator to decide whether or not to implement them.
I will create what I want to create and hope that they will see it and that it will help the mod creator in some way.
I wrote how to edit the script because I would be happy if they find it interesting to tinker with it themselves.

On the other hand, if there is something better and more useful than my application that meets the user's needs and the user wants that functionality, then that application should be used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 31 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%