BMW Spied Testing Class One Spec 2019 DTM Car

Even after 2014 GT500 didn't adopt the concept totally, there was a lot of car development allowed in Japan, Honda had a hybrid car running for a while for example. That's why this merge sucks imo... I'm very afraid GT500 will drop this war that they always got right.

Well, even now they're a long way apart, the NSX is properly mid-engined which isn't allowed in DTM. I'm on the "please don't wreck GT500" bandwagon too - but the last convergence table I saw had GT500 running "Class 1 Plus" or something along those lines right from the outset, which would kinda seem like they want DTM to come to them...

Excuse my ignorance as i don't follow DTM all that much now, but this Class 1 DTM are going to be using, as in Class 1 that SuperGT will be using?

Yes. GT500 started using the basics of the DTM formula in 2014 but took it their own way, and ( my own words ) DTM are in trouble & trying to stay relevant so they're trying to bring the two series together again. SuperGT doesn't seem completely sold on the idea yet.

Yes. GT500 started using the basics of the DTM formula in 2014 but took it their own way, and ( my own words ) DTM are in trouble & trying to stay relevant so they're trying to bring the two series together again. SuperGT doesn't seem completely sold on the idea yet.

Doesn't surprise me, DTM's got worse each year. I stopped watching after 2015, it just got boring. SuperGT is by far the better series. Though now if Nissan or Honda join DTM, i'd tune in again.

If they wanted something radical they should push for Class 1 to replace LMP2 when the new LMP1 regs ( supposed to make LMP1 cars look more like road cars ) appear in 2020. GT500 are approximately as fast as current LMP2 around Fuji, give or take weather differences from this year's races. Not sure how I'd feel about it, but it'd certainly slot in...

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 1.2%