BREAKING: 2020 AUSTRALIAN FORMULA 1 GP CANCELLED

Just Heard the Melley GP is canceled. Thought as much on News they where saying how many infections there are. Its all over America Europe UK. I just hope we can fix this and have a actual season. Might as well put the drivers in there simulators at factory and put them online like in e sports.

There is no structural deficiency in the healthcare system of that region (unlike other areas of Italy) so it is reacting in an orderly manner. The government has tried for weeks to avoid panic but faced with an overwhelming amount of new cases had to take harsh decisions (schools closed, work from home, illegal to move out of your city unless motivated, all shops closed except for necessities, etc). Now, of course if a relatively rich region of Europe has such a crisis, that sounds an alarm, doesn't it.
I dont know if it is just my false(?) basic assumptions about how the Italian autorities acted in the beginning with rather few infected - but because the epidemic at that time had only spread to some few asian countries then the autorities didnt act with harsh enough restrictions inside a reasonable timespan.
Thats the reason most european countries now tries to act more upfront to avoid the same situation - as long as they can.:whistling:
But as said this is just my assumption based on the info I have from the news.:thumbsup:

Good call (finally!) by F1 and the FIA, but still a shame. You can't in good conscience say that F1 and the FIA didn't at least *try*.

All that stress for the season opener and it all goes down the drain. Not to mention the poor souls who've spent the winter coordinating logistics for this season's races.

At least the technical departments and (possibly?) the manufacturing departments will have a bit more time to work on potentially suboptimal parts, but I guess the factories will also have to instate fairly draconian restrictions to help slow the spread of the disease.

But, yeah, not expecting a lot of track time for the next couple of months...

there's a rumor the season might start in June, but we'll have to wait for the officials' announcements.
Well with Bahrein and Vietman officially cancelled for the moment/postponed. June comes close. Nothing about Zandvoort yet but already read (not officialy confirmed) that F1 will start end of May.

1584106747210.png

Last edited:
And everything is a joke compared to the Bubonic Plague, so why even talk about the Holocaust?

[Post may contain sarcasm.]

You can't just make everything about the numbers. Do you think the Sandy Hook shooting was irrelevant because "only" 26 people died?

I never said it's irrelevant... you don't see the point I am making. It looks like they are making a big deal out of it, when the flu does more damage and yet it's not concern to stop events from it. That is the point I am trying to make! any death is relevant obviously! I am not a man with a stone heart.

I never said it's irrelevant... you don't see the point I am making. It looks like they are making a big deal out of it, when the flu does more damage and yet it's not concern to stop events from it. That is the point I am trying to make! any death is relevant obviously! I am not a man with a stone heart.

Surely though the problem is that people will still be dying from the 'normal' flu's...but now also this one....
People will still be dying on the roads....but also some will die from this virus too....
Hence it's new, it's adding to the normal rate of deaths in other areas so its a concern in no small part to the capacities of hospitals etc.

The idea of forgetting about this one and just carrying on would be crazy.
We have seat belts, we have huge improvements in road safety
we have vaccines for flu's, plus the government has action plans
for these in how to reduce them thus deal with them, it will be in economic planning etc and hospital planing hence winter peaks here in the UK etc etc...

But this has come as a shock so those vaccines and plans are no good.....

It deserves taking notice of.... it isn't a competition of what kills more, its simply, this is adding to those killed already in our economic calculations...

I was 95% sure that this would happen, and I honestly think that unless the virus is confirmed to be well on the backfoot by May then Zandvoort will fall as well.
News goes fast. Meanwhile also confirmed Zandvoort has been postponed. Complete new F1 calendar will follow soonish

Edit: ok we have no races so we have to discuss other stuff.

source: F1-insider.com
#Ferrarigate --> Mercedes is no longer participating in the rebellion of the non-Ferrari teams against the FIA and their secret agreement with Ferrari regarding the engine.

Last edited:
Every sport federation should think about a 2020-2021 superseason with more events/races/matches. The whole world will stop for at least 3 months.

It is a real shame to stop F1 after all the hard work the teams have done over the winter but it is everyone's interest to minimise exposure to this nasty disease. I saw this outcome happening back in January.

Should of followed MotoGP's lead on this. It's not like MotoGP wanted to cancel, they just knew the implications of travel and tight knit paddocks.

Spare a thought for the 15 or so Mclaren staff stuck in quarantine in Oz whilst everyone else goes home.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 264 34.2%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 213 27.6%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 145 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 64 8.3%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.3%