AC BTCC Round 4 @ Silverstone - Sunday 26th November 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. Next Sunday we're at Silverstone, for Round 4 of the '90s BTCC Season.

Join us!

Need a warm-up or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5 + Abarth event earlier in the week . We also run a practice server all week for all events.

Silverstone11International.png

• Practice Server: RaceDepartment.com #9 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: RaceDepartment.com #9 - Netherlands
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 80 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CET, 20:40 UTC) | 2 x 25 minute - Race
  • Qualification determines both R1 and R2 grid positions.

Cars (Ballast/Restrictor)

Event details:
  • Track: Silverstone International OSRW
  • Pit stop: Optional
  • Track Temps: 18C air/24C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind, Optimum grip.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty
  • Fuel Rate - 70%

Useful Links:

Race Control

Recommended Apps

A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. You will get 2 warnings before a 10 second penalty for exceeding track limits to your advantage. Any warnings/penalties are displayed in the chat window at the end of each lap.

Note: Please use your full real name in Discord and in game. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify who you are.

Info on scoring/penalties here

I like to have some clarification about track limits at Chapel.

Can we go wide until the grass and the little curb of the gp layout?

To me it would feel like the natural racing line, which seems to get proven by the skid marks. But it would mean driving over the outside white line of the international layout.

Just curious how the automatic penalty system handles this place...

I like to have some clarification about track limits at Chapel.

Can we go wide until the grass and the little curb of the gp layout?

To me it would feel like the natural racing line, which seems to get proven by the skid marks. But it would mean driving over the outside white line of the international layout.

Just curious how the automatic penalty system handles this place...

As wide as you like without invalidating your laptime, which usually will trigger a warning towards a penalty in the race.
From memory, I think you start to loose laptime at a certain point anyway.

In the race, going very wide there, out over the white line you are technically off the track so will need to rejoin safely. You can't expect/demand a cars width of space to the white line when you are way out the wrong side of it :)

Last edited:
He can have my spot.

I now spent ten minutes on the server trying to find a way to unregister, this thing is not kind to " not a PC persons"

So I´d like to take my leave, please unregister me.

Thanks Carsten

Sorry you are leaving. You can't unregister unfortunately. Well you can, just have to post here, as you have done.

Another terrible race for me, an unstable car and no ABS was a match created by the devil himself for me.
Plus I had that Rotter Douglas being at hand to give me grief, bleeding both races, obviously paid by the devil too.
Internet kept dropping out, which did not help.
If I never sit in that Nissan again, that will be too soon. I am getting too old for this malarky

That was fun today. I have no idea why I was suddenly able to ride at the front. Must have been on the car. Very nervous in the first race because I knew that there were very fast drivers behind me. In the second, I thought to use the starting advantage, stay calm and drive as hard as I can while the others are busy with each other in order to have a time advantage for the end. Somehow it worked.

Great event! :thumbsup:

Another terrible race for me, an unstable car and no ABS was a match created by the devil himself for me.
Plus I had that Rotter Douglas being at hand to give me grief, bleeding both races, obviously paid by the devil too.
Internet kept dropping out, which did not help.
If I never sit in that Nissan again, that will be too soon. I am getting too old for this malarky

Sorry (not sorry) Ernie. :) It was great to actually be able to have a battle with you for a change. I could see you were having a few issues in both races so I just applied the pressure bit, waiting for a mistake.

Overall I had great fun. This is my first outing in the super tourers and was glad I managed to get good practice this weekend.

Qualified p13 as I didn't make a big improvement on the softs or mediums compared to the hards.

Chose the hards for both races and that allowed me to bang in low 1.18s, high 1.17s throughout.

Both times I managed to avoid early crashes and gained places. Great battles with Ernie, as mentioned, and in race 2 closing laps I had a great fight with Richard. Got close a couple of times but misjudged the lines and braking points between the BMW and my Volvo. First time ended in a big slide that lost me a second, second time it turned into a lunge inside but Richard was able to regain position while I got control back.

P8 and p9 finishes.

Thanks for organising these fun races Brian.

Last edited:
Well, those were two of the most entertaining races I have ever been in:).

I couldn't really find a comfortable race setting in practice so opted to start from the back to see how far I coud get up the grid.

The battles with Pat, Kimi and Brian were nothing short of epic and the last laps in both races, Brian's passess into Stowe were worthy of the real BTCC. However, again just like the real thing I managed to hang on around the outside to go side by side through Vale and make it to the line ahead....phew!!

One thing of note from my view from the back of the grid, in race two everyone behaved impeccably and for two laps there were no incidents or offs, great driving everyone.:thumbsup:

Great series, really competitive , well done podiums and thanks Brian for organising.
(maybe the BoP needs looking at to give Team Volvo a better run, those Nissans are just too damm quick;);):D:D)

P.S. Well done Doug on your first BTCC drive, nice driving:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 49 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 22 4.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.3%