CamTool 2

Apps CamTool 2 1.16 x64

Login or Register an account to download this content
In a week or two - if nobody else has tackled it - i could take another look, probably replacing calls to "stdlib64\CamTool_1-16.dll", stuff needed is now available with csp functions...the ui stuff is easier than this i hope
Last time I got into CSP equivalent it didn't work. Maybe I'm unfortunate. Good luck :thumbsup:

one day i succeeded changing the binds for adding keyframes, but now i don't seem to find it anymore, i don't remember which file it was to change any bind. Does anyone knows by any chance would be very helpful thanks ! :d

Hi,

Thank you for the wonderful app ! very useful!

I have one question, how can I deal with cockpit cams ? I would like to avoid to do video editing to add some cockpit views.

Is it possible to manage it through camtool ? If not, is there a way to enable/disable camtool through a keyboard shortcut ? This way, I could press F1 to switch to cockpit cameras.

Any idea?

Thank you again!

Hi,
I managed to change the source code and add an option to set a "standard cam". When set, it switches from camtool to a standard cam.

For the moment, I managed to get these working:
Cockpit, Free outside, Helicopter, Roof, Wheel, Inside car, Driver, Passenger, Glance back (roof), Chase cam.

Can I share it to the community ? Is it authorized ?

Attachments

• specific cam.PNG
    specific cam.PNG
    220.7 KB · Views: 131
Hi,
I managed to change the source code and add an option to set a "standard cam". When set, it switches from camtool to a standard cam.

For the moment, I managed to get these working:
Cockpit, Free outside, Helicopter, Roof, Wheel, Inside car, Driver, Passenger, Glance back (roof), Chase cam.

Can I share it to the community ? Is it authorized ?
That is a great addition to the app.

There are two features I think would drastically improve the app
The ability to type the values manually, and a function to cycle through the camtool camera sets without the LOAD button.

Thank you for your time, I hope you'll be able to share this. :thumbsup:

That is a great addition to the app.

There are two features I think would drastically improve the app
The ability to type the values manually, and a function to cycle through the camtool camera sets without the LOAD button.

Thank you for your time, I hope you'll be able to share this. :thumbsup:
I asked in private to the author, he is ok, so I'm going to share it as a new resource on RaceDepartment, (I cannot add the zip here) with just the modified files.

About other new features, ok, I will see what I can do. But it's the first time I try to create apps inside assetto. I'm more into web applications usually. But I'm ok with python language. I didn't find a good documentation about creating assetto apps by the way. I have found a PDF but not very talkative.

Edit: it's here : https://www.racedepartment.com/down...pecific-cameras-cockpit-wheel-chasecam.41614/

About cycling through cameras set without the load button, you mean with a keayboard shortcut? I am not sure if it's the best way to do what you want. What you want to achieve with this ? Is it to have some kind of random cameras instead of having always the cams at each laps?

Last edited:
Thanks for this, this app needs some tlc, hope you could continue to improve on it.
I asked in private to the author, he is ok, so I'm going to share it as a new resource on RaceDepartment, (I cannot add the zip here) with just the modified files.

About other new features, ok, I will see what I can do. But it's the first time I try to create apps inside assetto. I'm more into web applications usually. But I'm ok with python language. I didn't find a good documentation about creating assetto apps by the way. I have found a PDF but not very talkative.

Edit: it's here : https://www.racedepartment.com/down...pecific-cameras-cockpit-wheel-chasecam.41614/

About cycling through cameras set without the load button, you mean with a keayboard shortcut? I am not sure if it's the best way to do what you want. What you want to achieve with this ? Is it to have some kind of random cameras instead of having always the cams at each laps?

In case I have more than one camera set for a track, I can alternate between camera sets without having to open up the app, select the camera set on the list, click load an then close the app to watch the replay. Kinda like in Gran Turismo. Each track had two sets of replay cameras, and they would alternate from lap to lap, though in our case it would happen manually.
I apologize if I'm not clear, English is not my native language.;)

Thanks for this. If you can the app need a performance improvement. If you can it would be THE best addition to this app. :)
Thanks for your time.

I don't know if it's possible, there is a lot of limitations due to assetto corsa itself. I already have issues just for camera management, so for performance, it might be even more difficult.

I don't know if it's possible, there is a lot of limitations due to assetto corsa itself. I already have issues just for camera management, so for performance, it might be even more difficult.
Someone wrote a script and posted it much earlier on this thread that helped with performance a bit, maybe see if you can add that into with yours or tweak it even more.

Someone wrote a script and posted it much earlier on this thread that helped with performance a bit, maybe see if you can add that into with yours or tweak it even more.
I understood a performance issue: the camtool window is constantly redrawn even if nothing needs to be refreshed in the window. So what I did is just calling the redraw function when it's needed, for example when the user click on something.

When the app is iddle, it's not red anymore in the debug app. I only need to find out which cases without user interaction would need a redraw of the window. For example, when the active cam changes, it should be bold. I must find all these cases and fix them. But I don't know the app quiet well. Is someone is interested in helping me about this and test if everything works fine, that would be great.

When we activate the automated cam though, it's still very cpu intensive. It's a bit better because, the first fix is still valid. But I think it will be hard to improve performance for this case. Still, I'm going to try to do what kasperski95 said: identify the bottleneck. Then we will see If we can improve something. But what the app is doing seems very like a hack, not something intended to be done in the first place with the tools given by AC devs, so that's why it's cpu intensive I think. So we may improve it a bit, but not that much when it's active.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 444 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 277 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 295 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 172 26.9%
Back