CamTool 2

Apps CamTool 2 1.16 x64

Login or Register an account to download this content
and here
1610901265587.png

But i have nothing like this, it just working normal, althought i dont have any track with a camtool replay...

Last edited:
Page 6 at this very thread the user Marocco2 did a performance upgrade for the app. It really works.

Can you explain how to use the optimized version? If I add the two files from github to the original app folder, with CamTool_2.py overwriting the original in app root folder and Camera.py in classes folder, the app no longer appears in the ingame side/toolbar.

Using vanilla, the performance is quite poor.

Last edited:
Can you explain how to use the optimized version? If I add the two files from github to the original app folder, with CamTool_2.py overwriting the original in app root folder and Camera.py in classes folder, the app no longer appears in the ingame side/toolbar.

Using vanilla, the performance is quite poor.
Seems like it doens't work properly anymore. At least to me. I'm using vanilla.

Reactions: EIF
CSP v0.1.73-preview1-full it presented bug with Camtool 2! When uncheck the Camtool 2 icon automatically the camera is static. Sorry for not being able to attach the GIF of the video showing bug
1612761456201.png

I have a question to all the experts here:

Is it possible to use a camtool file for Monza also for Monza_osrw?

For those who don't know about. For some Kunos tracks like Monza, Imola, etc. there are the so called osrw-versions which only increase grid size for a bigger field. When installing such a version it goes in a subfolder, so in the folder Monza it creates the new version Monza_osrw, so it appears as an own layout ingame. Everything despite grid size is the stock content, so I thought it could be possible to use the camtool file also for the osrw-layout. But I have no idea how to tweak it.

Any ideas???

Last edited:
Hi can someone help I have cam tool 2 and everything works fine I can make animation in replay and everything but when I want to screen record I Hide app and animation is not playng Camera is in one position.

Can someone help please?

Hi can someone help I have cam tool 2 and everything works fine I can make animation in replay and everything but when I want to screen record I Hide app and animation is not playng Camera is in one position.

Can someone help please?

Hi kasperski95, I don't want to sound like an ungrateful dumbass, so excuse me for asking this in advance.

I do really love this app because the cam movements make the game so much more life-like, however, the weird fps drop really takes off the immersion. I know that you don't have time to fix it, but perhaps someone who also has experience in programming can help fixing this problem? I'm sure a lot of people would gladly help to make this app more fabulous. If the fps problem would be gone, that would open so many video ideas even to low-spec PC users, and the app could become more popular than ever.

Of course this is just a layman's wishful thinking, but I hope the fps problem will be fixed someday. I have some cool ideas to make cinematic videos with this app.

Last edited:
Hi kasperski95, I don't want to sound like an ungrateful dumbass, so excuse me for asking this in advance.

I do really love this app because the cam movements make the game so much more life-like, however, the weird fps drop really takes off the immersion. I know that you don't have time to fix it, but perhaps someone who also has experience in programming can help fixing this problem? I'm sure a lot of people would gladly help to make this app more fabulous. If the fps problem would be gone, that would open so many video ideas even to low-spec PC users, and the app could become more popular than ever.

Of course this is just a layman's wishful thinking, but I hope the fps problem will be fixed someday. I have some cool ideas to make cinematic videos with this app.

I have been trying to reach Kasperski95 mulltiple ways since last spring about Camtool stuff, no answer yet. Hope someone else could take over Camtool, it's allready great, but lots of bugs...

I don't have a PC anymore nor time to improve this app. If I remember correctly FPS drops are not related to the number of keyframes and general camera movement logic so there's a hope it's fixable.

If somebody is willing to optimize this app this is what I would do now:
- find the bottleneck by commenting out some parts of code starting the main update function (use divide and conquer approach or measure time)
- if the bottleneck is related to camera movement then give up otherwise, try reducing calls to the bottleneck (e.g. by calling it every second).

I think the problem is the UI because somebody once mentioned that there are a lot of calls to the hard drive and if I remember correctly the UI is refreshed every frame (at least some part of it). Disabling UI updates when the app is hidden should fix low fps. To figure out how to check whether the app is hidden or not use the official API.

- find the bottleneck by commenting out some parts of code starting the main update function (use divide and conquer approach or measure time)
- if the bottleneck is related to camera movement then give up otherwise, try reducing calls to the bottleneck (e.g. by calling it every second).

I think the problem is the UI because somebody once mentioned that there are a lot of calls to the hard drive and if I remember correctly the UI is refreshed every frame (at least some part of it). Disabling UI updates when the app is hidden should fix low fps. To figure out how to check whether the app is hidden or not use the official API.
That's good news. Now maybe someone who understand programming could help.
I was observing the new CSP Render Stats for a track that just came out and have no camtool, the app is so CPU intensive even turned off.
Screenshot_4.jpg

When the app is switch on (with absolute no camera created) the CPU usage almost triple:
Screenshot_5.jpg

Does someone know how to help reduce those calls or find where do we (lay people) have to look to try and improve the performance of it?

Thanks!

I don't have a PC anymore nor time to improve this app. If I remember correctly FPS drops are not related to the number of keyframes and general camera movement logic so there's a hope it's fixable.

In a week or two - if nobody else has tackled it - i could take another look, probably replacing calls to "stdlib64\CamTool_1-16.dll", stuff needed is now available with csp functions...the ui stuff is easier than this i hope

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 47 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.4%