AC Can-Am @ Riverside - Friday Sep 15

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

dbx71

Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Racing Club!

[AC] Can Am @ Riverside.jpg

Big thanks to @Luca Ciarfella for the beautiful artwork!

Join us for some historic racing action as we get behind the wheel of the powerful Lola T70 Can-Am race cars from the 60s and hit the track at the wide-open Riverside circuit beautifully recreated by @LilSki .

For those who enjoy the challenge of driving classic race cars, before electronics, traction control and ABS. True seat of the pants racing!
Hope to see you on the track!

This event will be hosted by @dbx71

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/028087f0-1903-429b-b3fe-afb399fb89f4?server=5 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

Server: Racedepartment Server 6 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.

• 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 45 minutes - Official Practice
  • 20:45 CEST, 19:45 BST (18:45 UTC) | 25 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:10 CEST, 20:10 BST (19:10 UTC) | 2x 25 min Race 1 and 2
  • Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details:

270px-Riverside_International_Raceway_1980_and_1967.svg.png

Cars:

• Lola T70 MkII Spyder (rF2)

Fresh off the GT40 project in 1964, Lola's Eric Broadley designed his own sports racer, the T70, to race in 1965. It combined everything he had learned working for Ford with all of the ideas they wouldn't let him try. Though it was quick straight...
    www.racedepartment.com
    www.racedepartment.com
    • Lola T70 MkII Spyder
    • Lola T70 MkIII Spyder (Ford)
  • Track: Riverside (Long) https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/riverside-international-raceway.9492/
  • Pit stop: Not mandatory
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
Useful Links:

Entry list:

can am.jpg

Last edited:
Hey! To anyone that wants to answer one of my goofy questions , how do I change skins in this race or can I ? Are they random ? I can't figure it out thanks

Hey! To anyone that wants to answer one of my goofy questions , how do I change skins in this race or can I ? Are they random ? I can't figure it out thanks
Hi Bill;
You need to sign up for this event through Emporer. You have an Emporer account right? That will let you chose which skin and type of car you want to race with...

See link above to register for the race.

The skin you chose will only be for the race. In the practice server to skins are always random...

Last edited:
Just watched these race around Goodwood :inlove:

So long as I don't have work, I'm in :thumbsup:
excellent, hope you can make it...! yeah, i had to ditch the porsche 917s from the line up. too damn fast. it wouldnt even be a race. i can see why those things ended up killing can-am.

maybe we can do a single car event at some point just with the 917s.
hope to see you on the track!
:cool:

Lilski's version of Riverside is absolutely sublime:inlove: ...we used it a lot yrs ago, my 1st gt3 race at RD was here, took Chris Down out whilst being lapped:roflmao:.
Wish I could join you guys, have fun:)
yes, it's funny i'm just discovering these tracks, and loving the hell out of them but i can imagine you guys have done your share of laps around here. i'll try not to take out Brian on my maiden voyage around here. :ninja: too bad you can't join us, maybe next time...

Hey Bill;
You might want to try the Ford version of the Lola. It's much easier to drive, and for me that translates to more consistent lap times and fewer offs. Love the sound and feel of the Chevy version, but it gets the best of me every time. Switched to the Ford and struggle levels dropped significantly. Try it out...

excellent, hope you can make it...! yeah, i had to ditch the porsche 917s from the line up. too damn fast. it wouldnt even be a race. i can see why those things ended up killing can-am.

maybe we can do a single car event at some point just with the 917s.
hope to see you on the track!
:cool:
Hey Dominic, 917 only killed can am because you Americans hate losing and the public could not face being beaten by a european car so stopped watching. In later years they banned the Audi 200 and then the 90 for winning nearly every race but not before they laughed at them for having a little engine. :laugh:

Come to think of it, most of the US can am cars had British chassis. Like this Lola in fact. ;)
I will try and make this one bud and maybe a few Friday night beers might make me faster :roflmao:

Hey Dominic, 917 only killed can am because you Americans hate losing and the public could not face being beaten by a european car so stopped watching. In later years they banned the Audi 200 and then the 90 for winning nearly every race but not before they laughed at them for having a little engine. :laugh:

Come to think of it, most of the US can am cars had British chassis. Like this Lola in fact. ;)
I will try and make this one bud and maybe a few Friday night beers might make me faster :roflmao:
Normally wild claims like this would have me jumping onto the internet in order to find ’facts’ that I could throw back at someone in order to dismiss it all as nonsense. In this case, however, I already know what you say is true…. Sigh…. Truth hurts…. What can I say….
We also used to laugh at Japanese cars and referred to them as cheap and junky. In the meantime, American car companies continued with their practice of ’programmed obsolescence’ somehow thinking that was a good idea. Look where things are now….

Then again the series was called ’Can-Am’ not ‘Can let’s get our asses kicked by some European cars’…, everything was going great until Porsche showed up… lol.
Hope you can make it. I’m sure the beer goggles won’t slow you down!

Normally wild claims like this would have me jumping onto the internet in order to find ’facts’ that I could throw back at someone in order to dismiss it all as nonsense. In this case, however, I already know what you say is true…. Sigh…. Truth hurts…. What can I say….
We also used to laugh at Japanese cars and referred to them as cheap and junky. In the meantime, American car companies continued with their practice of ’programmed obsolescence’ somehow thinking that was a good idea. Look where things are now….

Then again the series was called ’Can-Am’ not ‘Can let’s get our asses kicked by some European cars’…, everything was going great until Porsche showed up… lol.
Hope you can make it. I’m sure the beer goggles won’t slow you down!
We had the same problem with Japan products especially motorcycles. Die hard Brits used to name it Jap Crap! How sad they were and it was the only way Brits could defend our own product which by comparison was not in the same league as theirs.
I can make it sound even worse than that, i was and still am a car dealer that started in the late 70,s. Datsun and Toyota brands were already on the radar with dealers including me who tried to sell them to us Brits. However, they refused to buy them because of WW2 issues, but within only a couple of years those same people bought them rebadged as Triumph and then Rover brands. Just as they did in the US as Chevrolet later on. Work that one out. Of course they loved them :roflmao:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 422 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 265 43.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 125 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.6%
Back