Resource icon

Misc [Car Data] F1 BMIG and DIFF Control [DEPRECATED]

Login or Register an account to download this content
I've been loving this mod so far, but unfortunately I can't get it working with the newest updates. I'm using the RSS FH23 with optional CSP physics. I tried on CSP 1.79 and the newest 1.80 preview 218, and quadruple checked my installation was correct. All the binds work, everything shows up in the setup menu, but nothing shows in the lua debug app. With 1.79, hovering over the "Car Physics Script" shows the text "rss_formula_hybrid_2023". With 1.80 (218) the text is simply "0". Both are blank underneath as shown below. Any suggestions as to what may be going on?

View attachment 662235
I think I can do the routine blind by now. But there are cars that there are cars which won't work with this absolute top app. I experience the same with the 22 car and the Ferrari SF70H. Tried it more than once, but I get only half of diff settings and the key binding is dead. ASAP I have a car working I safe it on a stick, and the stick I lock up in a safe, and around the safe I built a max security zone. I feel like Smeagul in the lord of the rings: it's my precious....

@Schmawlik loving the mods! just a suggestion if you ever have time : The brake bias indication on your dash are you able to make it how it is on the Launch Screen? On that screen it shows the base value and then as you apply the brake you can clearly see the value rising from the BMIG. Or maybe have that feature on the warmup page to let us figure out what the best ramp rate and bmig setting works well.

Also are we able to have extra controls added to the content manager page instead of the ext_cont folder in order to use the other feature like BMAGIC? as some of us aren't using wheels to be able to configure the button inputs.

Cheers Keep up the great work!

@Schmawlik loving the mods! just a suggestion if you ever have time : The brake bias indication on your dash are you able to make it how it is on the Launch Screen? On that screen it shows the base value and then as you apply the brake you can clearly see the value rising from the BMIG. Or maybe have that feature on the warmup page to let us figure out what the best ramp rate and bmig setting works well.

Also are we able to have extra controls added to the content manager page instead of the ext_cont folder in order to use the other feature like BMAGIC? as some of us aren't using wheels to be able to configure the button inputs.

Cheers Keep up the great work!
Hi Rob,

Great suggestion for moving the Live Brake Bias to the warmup/setup page.
Unfortunately I cannot move the extra controls to Content Manager, it would be nice to be able to do that though. I'm working on another solution for that at the moment, so stay tuned.

Thanks,
William

Hi Rob,

Unfortunately I cannot move the extra controls to Content Manager, it would be nice to be able to do that though. I'm working on another solution for that at the moment, so stay tuned.

Thanks,
William
Okay its all good, another thing I was wondering about is how the BMIG works... it seems that the base setting is the one to change? I would think that the base brake bias would stay the same and the total bias would be the one that increases? Ex: base is set to 55% and BMIG to 10 total should be roughly 60 or more but in this case it looks like the base is the total and by changing the bmig it affects the base value rather than the total?

Hi Rob,

Thanks,
William
I think some cars store some settings in different files. Fe the Ferrari SF70H, the DLC car, doesn't create an extension folder. In the setup.ini are the diff values, which we should delete, not present. Think is the same with the RSS 2022

Can anyone help me?. I have done the whole procces ... like 7 times and cant make it work,
Could you please upload the whole data.acd file?
Also the ext.ini file.
Thanks in advance,

Last edited:
Can anyone help me?. I have done the whole procces ... like 7 times and cant make it work,
Could you please upload the whole data.acd file?
Also the ext.ini file.
Thanks in advance,
I cannot and will not upload any data.acd files. There also is not just one acd file, since this is a mod for ANY formula hybrid era car.

I cannot and will not upload any data.acd files. There also is not just one acd file, since this is a mod for ANY formula hybrid era car.
Yes. I said some posts ago that I have done it with RSS HYBRID 2022 (S) and it works perfectly.
I am trying the same with RSS HYBRID 2023 with no success.
I am doing it from the CSP data.acd file.
You can upload it to a different site and put the links.

Maybe I am missing something but I dont think so.
It does not matter if I use Ext_control Active = 0 or 1. It does not work at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. I said some posts ago that I have done it with RSS HYBRID 2022 (S) and it works perfectly.
These are mine

data
extension

It does not matter if I use Ext_control Active = 0 or 1. It does not work at all.
3. Unzip F1 Physics folder and copy those files into the target car's root directory.
-make sure you copy all files (data and extension directories)

5. In the ers.ini file, DELETE the BRAKE_REAR_CORRECTION field and value under the KINETIC section.
-only this line, not entire [KINETIC] section

These are mine

data
extension

Hi,
Please do not post external links, especially if they contain copyrighted information.

Thanks,
William

It doesn't work with all the cars. Some already posted that they have a problem with the 2023. Maybe someone can tell you that he successfully modded the car. I myself don't have it.

It doesn't work with all the cars. Some already posted that they have a problem with the 2023. Maybe someone can tell you that he successfully modded the car. I myself don't have it.
Could you attach car and setup ini from the 22 car? The ones working?

@Schmawlik

Is there a way I can message you privately? I have been tweeking the .lua codes for some of the files and would like your input on some features. I have already been able to change the names of deploy modes to Strat 1,2,3.... changed gear sync to lower rpm and alter the initializing screen to red bull racing :D. I would like to change the math formula for migration so that the base value stays the same and the total is what increases as you increase bmig. Cheers!

@Schmawlik

Is there a way I can message you privately? I have been tweeking the .lua codes for some of the files and would like your input on some features. I have already been able to change the names of deploy modes to Strat 1,2,3.... changed gear sync to lower rpm and alter the initializing screen to red bull racing :D. I would like to change the math formula for migration so that the base value stays the same and the total is what increases as you increase bmig. Cheers!
Sure, message me on discord
Schmawlik#0054

Hi! Could you share the setup.ini from the 22 hybrid cars? Do you use the extended physics versions, or the basic ones? That would be nice! Thanks

Is there a way to know if this is working correctly? All the values are changing on screen in game on 2023rss f1, but I'm a noob at modding so I don't know if it's really changing values correctly

Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 297 34.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 241 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 159 18.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.8%
  • At a friends house