F1 2010 Catalunya - Spain (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
i could only achive 1:23.661 and 1:22.661 i think the car is to low as you can feel the car scrap and the shocks bottom out in some of the turns the car does feel faster thow on the strates but i would leave the gears alone i.e preset gears. you will exit the coners faster i rased the car to -2f -2r and achived 1:19.123 fastest i got so far. my set up is g27 + playseat +45in plasma+ps3. maybe i would be faster on the sticks but whos knows.if your hiting 1:24.xxx you need more seat time hiting all the coners right is the trick to this corse not the strates in my oppion. GOOD LUCK! ON YOUR RACING GUYS AND GIRLS LOL. p.s oh and i am useing the red bull car!

I use the gamepad on the PS3. I think that you loose more then 1.5 sec to peopl ewho use a wheel. The most anoiing is the automatic gears you have to use. I've tryed to set them to manual but its very difficult on this track.
I drove a 1.23.8 with a sauber in qualifing mode. I will post my setup later.

Hey guys. I'm new and this is my first post but this setup seems to work for me. I have all assists except braking assist and ABS and use xbox 360 pad on PC. I can get 1:19.8 in a Maclaren with this setup but I think it would work equally well with lower teams. I kind of stumbled upon this setup so it could probably be tweaked by some experts around here. It seems to be very different with most setups here but it is designed more for oversteer so the car glides through the corners without having to resort to high downforce while having springs springy enough take the heavy use of curbs, (and you will have to use the curbs a lot to get good times).

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 6
Rear Wing Angle: 1
Braking
Balance: F 52% - R 48%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Small
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 90% - R 10%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 6
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 10
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 8
Rear Ride Height: 8
Front Spring Stiffness: 5
Rear Spring Stiffness: 5
Gearbox
Gear 1: xxx kph / 83 mph
Gear 2: xxx kph / 103 mph
Gear 3: xxx kph / 123 mph
Gear 4: xxx kph / 142 mph
Gear 5: xxx kph / 164 mph
Gear 6: xxx kph / 187 mph
Gear 7: xxx kph / 212 mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: Not Available
AlignmentCamber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.05
Toe rear: 0.20

Let me know if this works for anyone.

1 26.2 with standard setup 1 24 if I can not lose 2 secs in S2

Would also be nice if setup posters can include both osd for gears and not just one.

Hey guys. I'm new and this is my first post but this setup seems to work for me. I have all assists except braking assist and ABS and use xbox 360 pad on PC. I can get 1:19.8 in a Maclaren with this setup but I think it would work equally well with lower teams. I kind of stumbled upon this setup so it could probably be tweaked by some experts around here. It seems to be very different with most setups here but it is designed more for oversteer so the car glides through the corners without having to resort to high downforce while having springs springy enough take the heavy use of curbs, (and you will have to use the curbs a lot to get good times).

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 6
Rear Wing Angle: 1
Braking
Balance: F 52% - R 48%
Brake Size: Small
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 90% - R 10%
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 10
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 8
Rear Ride Height: 8
Front Spring Stiffness: 5
Rear Spring Stiffness: 5
Gearbox
Gear 1: xxx kph / 83 mph
Gear 2: xxx kph / 103 mph
Gear 3: xxx kph / 123 mph
Gear 4: xxx kph / 142 mph
Gear 5: xxx kph / 164 mph
Gear 6: xxx kph / 187 mph
Gear 7: xxx kph / 212 mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: Not Available
AlignmentCamber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.05
Toe rear: 0.20

Let me know if this works for anyone.

The down force is too high, and sacrificing it for more curb crawling doesnt seem viable on certain curbs, it would be a lot faster on a opposite alignment

I'm a newcomer here. First season custom difficulty with Virgin using Thrusmaster F-430 wheel. I have won 2 of the first 4 rounds and getting ready to start practice at Catalunya with the setups I got here. Thanks guys!

Hi all, i tried the setups of bram and kingston and i have some question regarding this track and setups. A few things i don't understand:

I read some info on this track. Needs a high downforce, stiff front and soft rear, ride hight low, camber angel front not so low because of tyre wear (less important for Q than for Race), especially left front, more weight to the back because the lack of grip and the most difficult part of this track for me is the gearbox. So these are the basic things i could find. So if i compare that to your setups i get a bit confused on these details. Someone tips or explanation? And also some info on the gearbox settings, how do you set these if you look at the track with the corners, in which gear they take it and the best speed for that corner?

Hi guys!

I'm back. On my second season (of a 7 seasons career game), now with the Williams. What a great car, at least for this game. However, this track, unlike all the other tracks, is a real pain. At least on Career mode. There are so many different setups that may work. I think it all depends on the driving style and perhaps a bit on the controller. No wonder why this track is used in RL for pre-season testing.

I tried lots of setups for this track. I cannot reproduce Bram's time with his setup, not with a Lotus (1st season) or the Williams (2nd). Of course, his time is for TT with a wheel (pedals too?). My own setups seemed to work fine with the Keyboard, with Hard opponents and using TC, ABS and auto-gear assists. But on this second season, even improving a bit the time with a better car (Williams is a lot better than Lotus!), I'm not able to grab the best time in any session so far. (my best is around 1:22:xxx with option tyres but I need to get it at least to 1:21 low or into the 1:20"s to have any chance of Pole and Victory here)

So I'll be doing it the hard empirical way. Restarting P's on career mode and testing a lot until I'm satisfied. This because in all other tracks, with the setups posted in this forums, some of my own, I can get easily 1-3 secs lower than the best opponent (again hard level), except in this track. I was planning to increase diff to Legend level on my 4th or 5th season and take it to the end.

But I noticed something weird in this track. When I got a P1 with heavy rain, some of the AI drivers can get some impressive lap times, even on Wet or Intermediate tyres. Some of these times are almost the same they and I can get with Option tyres!!!! Not sure but, could the AI on this track be not acting accordingly to the expected programming? (not to say cheating!!!)

If anyone got a set-up and is able to do 1:20:XXX or 1:21:XXX i would be satisfied if you could post your set up here, because i really need it. But please no TT set-ups, - i need setups for grandprix/carreer mode. thx

What's your controller? With Bram's setup and just tweaking a bit the gear ratio and decreasing a bit the anti-roll bar values I could get my best time so far at 1:22 low with the Williams. My own setups posted in this thread let me get around 1:23, 1:24. But always with KB driving. People with wheel tried those setups and could get much better time than myself! =)

EDIT: here's my latest attempt. Basically Bram's with a little tweaking which got me 1:23 with prime and 1:22 low with option tyres, season 2 of 7 years career, Williams, top time on P2 with the engineer still saying that Rubens, who's on 18th, is faster than me and I should copy his setup! LOL (again, this is with KB driving, Full TC, ABS and auto gear shift as assists which otherwise would be unplayable with the KB) -

Make it 1:21:8 with options, in P2, as the rain started... lol... this game is crazy! But I'm sure I can get around 1:20 high if I get that perfect lap (for a KB driver!). =)

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 3
Rear Wing Angle: 2
Braking
Balance: F 47% - R 53%
Brake Size: Standard - cannot change
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 60% - R 40%
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 8
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 8
Rear Spring Stiffness: 9
Gearbox
Gear 1: 136 kph / xx mph
Gear 2: 167 kph / xx mph
Gear 3: 199 kph / xx mph
Gear 4: 233 kph / xx mph
Gear 5: 267 kph / xx mph
Gear 6: 298 kph / xx mph
Gear 7: 335 kph / xx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Standard (cannot change, except to Cruise)
Fuel: 4 laps
AlignmentCamber front: -1.40
Camber rear: -3.40
Toe front: 0.14
Toe rear: 0.47

well it sounds awesome, ill give it a try :) (Im driving with a G25 logitech wheel with pedals)

edit: good setup if you found your rythm..got a 1:22:9xx on prime and 1:22:4xx on option but I think I can bring it down to 1:21:9xxx if its a perfect lap :)

"
Make it 1:21:8 with options, in P2, as the rain started... lol... this game is crazy! But I'm sure I can get around 1:20 high if I get that perfect lap (for a KB driver!). =)"

Well than you are and awesome driver...lol!

well it sounds awesome, ill give it a try :) (Im driving with a G25 logitech wheel with pedals)

edit: good setup if you found your rythm..got a 1:22:9xx on prime and 1:22:4xx on option but I think I can bring it down to 1:21:9xxx if its a perfect lap :)

Well than you are and awesome driver...lol!

Well, that was some wishful thinking. Also, I think that Traction control and ABS gives me a huge help because I can't really control the pressure on the brakes and throttle keys. =)

But I got the pole with 1:22:3xx. Could not match that one best lap of 1:21:8. It's very hard to get a perfect lap with the KB! hehe But I was glad to see the gap to Massa in second at 1"111ms. And with his sector 2 time of 29.9 (best of Q3) against mine of 30.1 - No idea how much faster they go on Legend but 0.2 on Hard seemed pretty good for me as sector 2 is really where I struggle. I was always 1.5-2 secs off. In the end I had 23:1, 30:1 and 29:1 (game never shows sector 3 but I did the math. =)

well i think its a timebug, bots have never been 2 seconds faster than me in s2 - just the timetable shows such times at the end. but i couldn't figure out how it should be possible to be 2 secs faster in s2.... Well im driving without all aids, and this track is very tricky as you easily can lose you rear...well but thanks anyway! I think you setup helped me alot. If Im able to find a perfect lap, I think it would be possible to do a 1:21:7 :)

PS: Legend KI does laps around 1:22:3 to 1:22:7 min in qualifying around the pole position.

Edit: yes! got a 1:20:9 - awesome!

Whats the fastest way to take turn 14?
Dynamic racing line suggests running over the curb, but that makes my car spin every time. Tried soft springs and increasing ride height but it does not help. So I changed back to really stiff springs for quick repsons and take the corner with only left wheels slightly tuching the curbs. Does not spin but is this the quickest way to take the corner?

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Yearly

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

• Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events