rF2 Caterham Academy @ Eastern Creek - Fri 12th Feb 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great choice! :biggrin: This is a DX9 track and I remember one of our chaps having problems with it using DX8. There CAN'T be many of those left now, surely? :tongue:

I wouldn't have thought so, no.

I mean, if I went through every track to find the ones that no-one has ever had any issues with, it'll be a very short list, and I probably wouldn't be picking it until about 10 mins before the event start :biggrin:

We'll stick with Eastern Creek for this event. :thumbup:

In addition, could all Caterham drivers please let me know (via pm - doesn't need to be in here) if they use rF Lite or the DVD release - it's just so I know who already has the "default" tracks installed, should I choose to use them in the future events.

Thanks in advance.

It occurs to me that the only thing I need to do is check whether our version on our downloads page is also the latest release.

I'll remove the d/l links until I've made sure this afternoon.

I had a cheeky practice last night after the GTL Carro's event finished, and I really like this track a lot.

It's got that long old straight for some cheeky Draft trains, but it's also got some tricky old curves, which, when you get them right, feel brilliant.

I was having loads of trouble with the hairpin after the "Sydney" bridge though. I just developed a blind spot for it, for whatever reason, and because it was both driving me mental and quite late in the day, I gave up and went to bed.

.....I was having loads of trouble with the hairpin after the \\"Sydney\\" bridge though. I just developed a blind spot for it, for whatever reason.....
My favourite corner of all time. I can go round there like on rails! :wink:

Trouble is I have enormous problems with the last corner before the S/F straight. :frown: Oh, and other corners scattered about the place too numerous to mention :tongue:

lol Stu had the same issue with the bending T1 for some reason.... just wouldnt let me get it right. A setup from Sam/MH will proll help on it. Its a very nice track though, glad its the cats and not the RS500 :smile:

Gents,

I know we normally get a late flurry of sign ups in the second half of the week for the Cat events, we had 18/19 drivers last week, we've got some more new faces this week, so anyone wishing or intending to sign up and drive should please be aware that there is a hard limit of 21 slots per Caterham event (due to mod restrictions), and we're at 10 confirmed drivers already.

If we do fill up, I won't be running a reserve list, it'll be me posting in here as we're about to roll to quali1 that we have a slot or two free and from then on, it's first come, first served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 188 66.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 121 43.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 130 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 54 19.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 77 27.4%
Back