Check Out The Latest Assetto Corsa Competizione Zolder Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 7.jpg

The latest preview images of the upcoming Zolder Circuit for Assetto Corsa Competizione showcase stunning attention to detail.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is due the update treatment next week, and with it comes a laserscanned version of the Belgian Zolder Circuit - arguably one of the most historically significant permanent racing venues in the region, and a classic drivers favourite across numerous disciplines of racing categories throughout the world.

Set to make a first appearance in the Assetto Corsa franchise as official first party content, the new virtual Zolder Circuit will of course benefit from laserscan technology, joining the already released and highly detailed versions of the Nürburgring, Misano, Paul Ricard and Hungaroring currently available at 'release 4' stage of the Assetto Corsa Competizione development lifecycle.

With patch day anticipation building amongst the community, Kunos Simulazioni have taken to social media to post some very interesting comparison shots of the simulation vs real world location - images that really do showcase the incredible attention to detail Kunos have lavished on this exceptional racing venue.

ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 1.jpg
ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 2.jpg
ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 3.jpg
ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 4.jpg
ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 5.jpg
ACC Release 5 real vs virtual 6.jpg

Also set to land as part of 'Release 5' will be the epic Emil Frey Jaguar G3, the new car making an appearance in the title alongside Zolder and various enhancements to the online multiplayer and driver rating system. Release date for build 5 is expected to be on January 16th 2019.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 4 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Please can you further dig into this aspect for us to make the right purchase ?
Thank you
I owned a rtx2080 thinking it would have better performance to be honest wasnt much better than the gtx1080 i was upgrading from,How wrong was I???
no considerable improvement and over 800 quid I forked out for it!
So after weeks of telling nvidia zotac etc getting conflicting emails off both companies they did not admit anything but Ebuyer who I bought the card off eventually gave me a full refund after them reading the emails i got from zotac and nvidia which payed for the proper upgrade,A GTX1080TI

THE GTX1080TI IN ASSETTO corsa eg had a 30% increase in frame rate in comparrison to both the gtx1080 and the RTX2080

THE RTX2080 had no real measurable upgrade in performance compared with the old GTX1080.
ALSO BAD POINT YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT THE RTX RANGE
THEY DO NOT SUPPORT MIXED MAKES OF MONITORS IN TRIPLE SCREENS !!!

ALL THE SCREENS HAVE TO BE THE SAME MAKE AND TIMING CHARACTARISTICS
IF THEY ARE NOT THE SAME YOU GET THE SCREEN FLICKERING DESEASE THAT RTX CARDS GET WHEN YOU MIX MIXED MANUFACTURED OR MIXED TIMED MONITOR TO IT
Thats why i ended up buying 3 identical screens to overcome this,But it still had problems as if i turned on my 56inch monitor in my bedroom and had the 3 viewsonics on my rig turned on the RTX FLICKER CAME BACK SO I WAS FORCED TO HAVE ALL 3 IN MY RIG GOING AT ONCE OR THE 56 INCH ON ITS OWN

my gtx1080 worked on mixed monitors and my new gtx1080ti does too because i can have all 4 monitors on with no rtx mixed monitor flickering desease
so why have nvidia overlooked this and gone backwards I will never know why but hey.

Quote from nvidia

As long as you insist on trying to mix AOC and Viewsonic monitors for your 3D surround setup we will not be able to help you.

I understand that you may have gotten a mixed configuration of monitors to work with your GTX 1080 but that is not officially supported.

NVIDIA is not able to refund orders made with 3rd party sites. Only if you have purchased your RTX card from our official NVIDIA store in the past 30 days can we process a refund. If you have a receipt to show for your RTX card from the NVIDIA store please provide it now.

Again I'm sorry to hear of your frustration with your setup but until you have 3x monitors of the exact same model/brand we cannot provide any solution or troubleshooting step to help make your setup work.

Please let us know when you have 3x of the exact same monitor connected to your RTX card.

Regards,Jason @ NVCC

Last edited:
@CC That's wierd. I've never had a problem with the xbox 360 on ACC, this is on w10 1809 with default drivers. Try to disable any 3rd party support on Steam for it, by letting ACC take care of xinput, select a kb profile ingame and go back to the xbox, always pressing "A" to confirm the change (so it's correctly saved). Move back engine start to manual and back to auto. I don't know that could be wrong on your side.
ATM I can only launch it to test at 25fps with a temporary hd4890 1GB, since my 7870 on the secondary pc died again, but just say if you need any help.

I don't know how much editing Kunos does on these screenshots, but with a RTX 2080ti it doesn't look this good on my 1440p monitor. Not even on max settings where the FPS is so low that it becomes a slideshow.

"......but you need to get a 4k monitor"

Really? If it runs this bad on a 1440p, then it will run like total crap on a 4k monitor.

@CC That's wierd. I've never had a problem with the xbox 360 on ACC, this is on w10 1809 with default drivers. Try to disable any 3rd party support on Steam for it, by letting ACC take care of xinput, select a kb profile ingame and go back to the xbox, always pressing "A" to confirm the change (so it's correctly saved). Move back engine start to manual and back to auto. I don't know that could be wrong on your side.
ATM I can only launch it to test at 25fps with a temporary hd4890 1GB, since my 7870 on the secondary pc died again, but just say if you need any help.
Hi man,
Yes this was turned off, and I am running windows 10 not sure of the build,
ill try it again now with this turned on and see what the difference is :)
7035be681285f0a92be1eade4669aca8.png

Yep that did it thanks man :D
then had an issue with my mouse always going to the left everywhere,
so just restarted but my controller works now thanks ingame and drives :)

Well Kunos must have created a brand new philosophy on physics and tyres,
because that is not simulation those tyre physics are criminal,
reminds me of test drive legends just a drift game,

although in saying that its fun though so I dont mind too much,
either way something is wrong there.

• Deleted member 241736

Not 100% sure what is happening ingame,
I tried it with my xbox controller day of release and there was no profiles setup or was bugged was that long ago cant remember, maybe worth firing it up and again and seeing what the crack is with it,

d8cc96f7fb3a41d4ba76cb8c95f216b7.png
can't remember that I raced that much. There must be something wrong maybe the update time (download) is included
ACC.png

Yep that did it thanks man :D
then had an issue with my mouse always going to the left everywhere,
so just restarted but my controller works now thanks ingame and drives :)
At least on my system, when you use either the d-pad or the left stick to move on menus, the mouse cursor will go near the top left. I guess it's supposed to take it out of view/misdscreen when using a controller.

At least on my system, when you use either the d-pad or the left stick to move on menus, the mouse cursor will go near the top left. I guess it's supposed to take it out of view/misdscreen when using a controller.
keeps doing it when I close the game though having to restart my pc when leaving acc so odd. :)

Really strange, could it be related to that Steam controller support or any other background app that can use mouse emulation with your controller?
No seems fine now after restarting again,
was getting 1,47,s with the ferrari and bmw around hungary, way off the pace but was using default setup and 50 liters of fuel or so,
this bmw is way more tame than this ferrari and the audio is more stable seems to go really low this ferrari on some lower speed corners so odd,
but feels ok after a few laps but the bmw is the car for me so far :)

use this temporal settings in the video setup that fxaa or whatver destroys the graphics,
can only presume its what everyone is using because using temporal for me with my 1070 its like silk ingame :)

The problem with temporal is the mostly the ghosting (it's like being back to a 07' PVA screen) and blurring (most noticeable at 1080p), not to mention artifacts in changing dash digits. Upping sharpness until some ~80% helps, but over that, and it starts to work against AA and noticeably artifacting around the edges. Medium TAA removes the blurring, but there's too much aliasing.
Still, I hope that they'll be able to optimize it later in EA.

Last edited:
Please can you further dig into this aspect for us to make the right purchase ?
Thank you
I have a 1080ti on a ultrawide 3440 x 1440 with all the setting set to max and i get 80 - 95 FPS that good enough for me in ACC . get a 2080ti if you use VR > 90% off the time otherwise its not worth it, RTX is not worth it at the price

I have a 1080ti on a ultrawide 3440 x 1440 with all the setting set to max and i get 80 - 95 FPS that good enough for me in ACC . get a 2080ti if you use VR > 90% off the time otherwise its not worth it, RTX is not worth it at the price
running 5160x1440 1080ti wipes the floor against the rtx2080
the rtx2080ti may give 20 or 30 quids worth of performance over the gtx1080ti but has everyone got 2,3 or 4 identical monitors or is nvidia hoping everyone uses 1 monitor or multiple monitors of exact make model and timing etc etc?

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 296 68.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 194 44.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 211 48.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 88 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 117 27.1%
Back