FM4 Civic World Series S1

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
Apologies for quitting early but I couldn't be bothered to trundle round for 22 boring laps. The qualifying and handicapping just isn't working anymore and I could probably have told you the result of race 2 without wasting 3/4s of an hour of my life. It worked at the beginning of the series but has steadily got worse with tonight been the most unbalanced grid so far. I think in future series the handicapping should be based on your position in the points standings and only run qualifying in the first round of the series when nobody has any points.

Indy GP
Quali - Had a very fine session and posted a 3rd time.

R1 - Had a decent start and all went very well the first few corners.
Even keeping up the pack a bit for Tom so that he could follow the faster guys through.
All went well all race long no big issues or mistakes from my side and bringing home a nice 4th place finish.

R2 - Reverse grid and made a superstart. Got into first after a few corners and made it stick for a bit.
Then Chris passed and I lost my teammate Tom at that point.
So gave him a small tap on the exit of a corner. Sorry again for that Tom.
No big damage but it gave chris a small lead on him.
On the straight that would lead to the chicane I kept left and let Tom pass.
So he could chase after chris because chris was still not to far away with paulo.
That tactic worked fine.
So i started focusing more and more on my place and not making any mistake as Daz wasn't to far behind.
Slowly i started to pull away from daz and still didn't loose to much on the front-runners.
Then tom and chris started pitting. So onto plan A for the team.
I stayed out untill i thought i would exit just in front of chris as chris jumped tom in the pits.
But alas the gap was just 200m to short and they zoomed by me when i was still on the pitlimiter.
So had only one job left to finish and that was to bring home 3rd place.
I managed that pretty nicely.

Summary - I'm loving these cars more and more. They're always fun to drive.
Big grats to the winners.
The good thing is the team had 2 strong finishes today so big points and we're crawling up the ladder to the top.
Onto the next race.

Ah,i thought we lost you guys on a dc in the lobby.Perfectly understand your points there.
I think it turns out this strange is because we've had a few small grids for the last races.
It worked brilliant before just like the pit window is a very good idea.
So indeed we should certainly keep it for future series and take a look at it on how to do it for new series. For the remainder of this series I don't mind I'm not bothered with the handicap for the remainder of the races.

Indy GP
Quali - 5th

R1 - Nice race with some intense fight with Chris. Even running in the group 1, couldn't hold Chris on last lap, so, a final 3rd place wasn't bad.

R2 - Again good scrapp with Tom and Chris, but this time I got a disco.

Summary - What could be a nice two podiums, didn't happen. Anyway, good fun as usual.
Congrats to winners and all finishers.

Cheers

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 37 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%