AC Classic DTM @ Donington GP - Wednesday 3rd June 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
My replacement GPU arrived today so I'll try and get a bit of practice in this evening, what's a good/bad/middling lap time in the BMW to be aiming at as a starter for 10? Also I'm just going to practice on my own offline to get up to speed to start with so is there a way to set track conditions so they're the same as the race server? I've seen a setting for ambient air temp but didn't see anything that would allow me to set track temperature directly, or is it just a case of play with the ambient until the track temp is what you need? Also track grip conditions, is that always set to optimal or something else? Cheers

My replacement GPU arrived today so I'll try and get a bit of practice in this evening, what's a good/bad/middling lap time in the BMW to be aiming at as a starter for 10? Also I'm just going to practice on my own offline to get up to speed to start with so is there a way to set track conditions so they're the same as the race server? I've seen a setting for ambient air temp but didn't see anything that would allow me to set track temperature directly, or is it just a case of play with the ambient until the track temp is what you need? Also track grip conditions, is that always set to optimal or something else? Cheers
Don't drive offline. Jump right onto the practice server. You will find some lap times there and if you are lucky, there's one of the fast guys driving around and with CTRL+1/2/3 you can join them in their car and spectate. That is really helpful in the beginning.

Was only planning to be offline just to learn the track really but i've just been on the server and done a few laps. I couldn't see anyone else or their times though, there were a few names in the entry list but none seemed to have done any laps?

Hey @Medilloni I'm having trouble connecting to the server. Downloaded https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/donington-park.3031/ and extracted it into C:\Users\kerem\Documents\Assetto Corsa\content\tracks\doningtonpark2018 just like I normally do with other tracks but it's red for me on the server list. Can you take a look please? Am I missing something?

1591052892836.png

The name of the folder inside the downloaded zip is `doningtonpark2018` while the server shows `doningtonpark2018-gp`

Hey @Medilloni I'm having trouble connecting to the server. Downloaded https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/donington-park.3031/ and extracted it into C:\Users\kerem\Documents\Assetto Corsa\content\tracks\doningtonpark2018 just like I normally do with other tracks but it's red for me on the server list. Can you take a look please? Am I missing something?

View attachment 378721

The name of the folder inside the downloaded zip is `doningtonpark2018` while the server shows `doningtonpark2018-gp`

You've put the track in the wrong folder... it should be extracted to your steam folder, i.e., ..\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks.
Likewise for cars:
..\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars

Seemingly nobody else practicing tonight then as it only had about an hour left to go
Chris: I will be on the practice server tonight. Normally I'm on the lower end of the midfield about 1,5 to 2,5 s slower then the fastest guy to give you a benchmark. But if you're relatively new to simracing and AC then don't focus too much on lap times. Consistency is more important. Speed will come later. And most important: have fun!

Last edited:
Cheers yep consistency is king and that always takes time, I'm not looking at laptimes in terms of hoping to be near the front, more looking at them to ensure I'm not miles off the pace of those towards the back :roflmao:

Won't have much/any time to practice and it's a new track for me but I'll give it a try. To have more diverse grid, I'll take the Mercedes pls.

Hi - can I please join? Would like to be in the Merc

Apologies also want to add - long time lurker but first time poster! I've been playing AC a long time but usually play iRacing for the last 10 years, but I've stopped enjoying that so looking to come over to organised league racing here in AC :)

I've signed up as a premium member and downloaded teamspeak, and will be on the practice server tonight after work, but hope I can be allowed to join you all tomorrow night!

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%