FM4 Clio Championship S1

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
Clio.png

I have worked out most the details for the Clio Championship, see below.
I also need some info from anyone interested in signing up, see below.

Car: Renault Sports Clio V6 (Stock)
Assists: To be announced
Upgrades: Banned
Setup: Allowed

Tracks (11)
Sebring International Raceway - Club (1.70 Mi)
Mugello – Club (1.79 Mi)
Sedona Raceway Park – Club (2.02 Mi)
Silverstone - International (2.25 Mi)
Indianapolis - The Brickyard Speedway (Oval) (2.50 Mi)
Bernese Alps – Club (2.52 Mi)
Road Atlanta - Full (2.54 Mi)
Suzuka - West (2.15 Mi)
Twin RIng Motegi - East (1.88 Mi)
Circuit de Catalunya - National (1.85 Mi)
Laguna Seca (2.24 Mi)

Info
  • There will be 1 test event before the Championship starts, points will not be counted for this event.
  • Each race event will be 2 heats, with 10 laps each heat.
  • Heat 1 Normal grid (random I think).
  • Heat 2 reverse grid.
  • It will auto load Heat 2 I have no control over that.
  • Events should be no longer than 50 minutes for both heats.
  • I will set the timeout to 2 minutes after the first person has crossed the line.
  • Teams will be allowed. (It will be the case of picking another driver to make the team up and I will do the points after the race).
  • Events will be once every 2 weeks and start at 8.30pm UK time.
  • This will be open to all Licensed Members.
Info I need from people interested in signing up
Do you want to allow all assists, or just set ones, if so what ones?
Driving/braking line will be turned on as I use it.

How do you want to handle connection issues?
I am thinking allow 10 minutes for connection issues, so that is 1 hour in total, but I would like to hear your ideas. I will open the lobby 10 / 15 minutes before the event starts.

2nd 8
3rd 6
4th 5
5th 4
6th 3
7th 2
8th 1
Fastest lap 1

Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback or questions please post them, I would like to hear them :D.

Signed up
clio_signups.png

Reserved Numbers
Dylan Hember - 7
Derek McCord - 14
Andrew Skinner - 22

Race Calendar
clio_calendar.png

Its a tricky track and sooo easy to get the back sliding too much and you just loose soo much time. Im managing consistant low 1.10s on a run. Theres a few areas where i know i can go faster than the 1.09.8 but uts very hard to string it all together. Looking forward to the race, hopefully ill keep it together better thsn i did at seabring! Got the tyre pressures sorted since tgen though.

Done a few laps tonight, got down to 1:08.981. I've found that braking in straight lines is key for a good time. Some of you may want to stay in 2nd gear until the exit of Turn 3. I've found this to be worth about 0.3 - 0.5 secs. My tyre pressures are F 29.0, R 28.5

Tried keeping it in 2nd but end up pinging the limiter before turn 2 and just end up wandering though the courner. If I keep it in 3rd, it's tricky stopping the font end running wide but I seem to get a better sweep through 2 picking up the throttle early and flat through 3. Gues it's just a different style.

Lucky man!. I still remain on my MS wheel :p Which model you have now?

Well... The UP shifter broke on my wheel last week for the second time and I was devestated so I talked about it with my wife and we decided that my Xmas and birthday presents for this year could be a CSR Wheel! So I promptly placed an order late Thursday night and the beauty arrived on Tuesday. The thing is amazing. The FF on it is a good 3-4x as strong as the MS wheel and I'm still getting used to the 900° of rotation (sometimes I still understear by not turning the stupid thing far enough!) but as I get used to it the resolution of the stearing input is phenomenal. I'm still using my MS Pedals (until tomorrow's big lottery win) but if an upgrade to CSRe's or CSPs brings the same kind of upgrade in accuracy then I'm gonna be selling my arse down in Soho to line up the next purchase. Some high powered cars that were undrivable before are much easier to take now and I've shaved significant time off of some of my least favourite tracks.

Hmmm... That's a good call. Should probably get the wife to turn the 'box on and get the update out of the way. I don't want to be mucking about with that when about to start the world championship... Game faces people!

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 256 34.1%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 205 27.3%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 142 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 61 8.1%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.4%