Community Question | Your Favourite Car and Lap Combination in Sim Racing

ACC - Ferrari 488 GT3 / Zandvoort
AC - RSS GT Lister Strom / Monza
Raceroom - DTM 2016 / Hockenheimring
RF2 - Formule E Gen 2 / Circuit d'Azur
MotoGP20 - Ducati / Valenciana Ricardo Tormo
Automobilista 2 - Ultima GTR / Imola

Bit of an odd one:
Ferrari 246 around the Nordschleife on Assetto Corsa. Yes, the 246 is a mediocre paid mod, but something about that combination just resonates with me.

Can't tell, really.
Lots of great sims, lots of great tracks, lots of great cars...
Best combo is determined by my overall mood - could be blasting laps on the Indy oval with an 2020 Indycar on iRacing, could be driving the original Fiat 500 on some twisty mountain road in Assetto Corsa.
Couldn't thought of more different (mainly speed wise) examples. :D

I don't really have a "favourite"... with the ridiculous variety we have to play with, it really depends on what I'm in the mood for. Today?

Reiza's Formula V12 @ Kansai (aka Suzuka) in AMS 2.

Good thread!
However, IMPOSSIBLE for a (primarily offline-) simracer since 1985 to pick once single unicorn out of the pocket :(
But I'll narrow it down to cars and tracks driven in most recent time,. i.e. last couple of years or so.
(while writing I might change mind several times :notworthy:)
I hope this thread includes mods, since for me, simracing is about 90% mods - so many splendid modders out there and still increasing.

For these Corona-weeks being I've had endless fun in short race weekends with rFactor (1) at Siracusa track, Sicilly with Coloni Ford C4 (FS-R1's F1 1991 Historic Edition mod), just short practice, 20 min qual and short 30 min offline races or so.
I very much like the modded AI adaption of car failures, seems realistic and not annoying. And still a heck of close race and fun with either G27 + H-shifter and max FFB or even keyboard. Just mingling a bit with the balance between conservative/aggressive setup versus driving style just to bring it home in 13th place is souch a joyful stimulating experience (for me, at least). And the engine sounds just adds up here :)
Other combinations with rFactor1:
Matra MS71 3.0 V12 (F1 1971 LE mod) at 1970 Charade and 1976 Watkins Glen
BMW M1 ProCar
@ Birmingham Motorplex (Barber Motor Sports Park)
Renault Alpine A110 @ Peyregrosse-Mandagout / Critérium des Cévennes.
Pagani Zonda RS
@ Fundidora Park
For endurance races (still rFactor 1) either
Porsche 908-2 Flunder (1970 WSC v.1.0 mod) @ 1000km Buenos Aires with full Prototype 3000 and Sports 5000 AI field.
Alfa Romeo Tipo 33/3 (same mod) @ Targa Florio
For close AI comp
Porsche Carrera Asia cup (PCCA07 mod) @ any track

GTR2
I've setup bunch of series for the Gillet Vertigo, a very underrated car. Must say, that a full GP distance at 1991 Phoenix GP Track is a favorite in a modified field of AI drivers (modified skins, engine sounds and personalized with personal real driver favourites) is quite competitive. But also 2012 Suzuka mod with the Gillet Vertigo is fun!
Lotus 97T or Williams FW10 (F1 1985 mod) @ 1988 Imola or 2012 Suzuka - as for the rFactor F1 1991-mod it is just as much about bringing/nursing the car/motor home. Joyful!
Endurance 2H racing
Ferrari 360 (10th Anniversary HQ mod with full 2003 field) @ Empoli
For Endurance 24H racing:
The standard Corvette C5-R full grid (all sorts of skins) @ VLM Sebring changing weather and day/night driving.
2008 Lexus Riley Daytona Prototype (2008 GrandAm DaytonaPrototypeSeries mod) @ modern Daytona RC
1968 Plymouth Barracuda
(SCCA Trans-Am 1968-1971 Mod) @ fictional 1990 Colorado

GTR2 Power & Glory v. 3.2
(extensive mod, can be regarded as a sole game)
Renault Alpine A110 @ Targa Florio GTR2 conversion from rFactor mod.
Shelby 350GT Shelby Cobra 427 Roadster (edit 03.05.2020: bad memory, just played again) @ 1967 Hermanos Rodriguez (remember full FFB force :D)

Assetto Corsa: Sorry, not able to choose between
1966 Alfa Romeo GTA @ Lucca Ring (maybe due to my long time love with Lucca town :D) and Trentino-Berdone
Porsche 550 RS Spyder
@ Deutchlandring and 1967 Nürburgring Gesamtstrecke
Alpine A110 1600S
@ 1967 Circuit de Pau Historique and Charade Historique 8k
Porsche 917/30 Spyder
@ 1970 Daytona RC
Sauber C9 @ modern Nürburgring GP
(mainly due to youtube onboard video "Group C - Sauber Merdeces C9 - Nürburgring 2009 :inlove:)
1963 Chaparral 2E @ Bridgehampton
Porche 935/'78 "Moby Dick"
@ 1970 Le Mans
Ferrari 812 Superfast
@ modern Monza GP Circuit (AI @100% and agression can be a challenge for a short 10-15 lap race developing your racing skills - at least for me :D).
McLaren M1b @ Riverside and fictional Fonteny

Assetto Corsa Competizione:
Lambourghini Huracan GT3 Evo
@ Zolder

iRacing
: Corvette C6-R @ Mid-Ohio

rF2
: Can't decide (yet). Though I bought the game at Steam at the start (first demo, then with real content) and now it's developing lots of cars and tracks, still not played that much. However, the last weeks with F1 1975 McLaren at same tracks as THE RACE Legend series running for the time being. But just when i fancy a mod, I remember another on in rF1 - and the vast amount of car- and track mods still make rF1 very live to me.

PC2: Do., apart from thinking my GTR2 mod database instead of rF1 as above.

"Thanks" is so a little word for all the great modders out there!

Last edited:
The car and the sim changes from time to time, but the track stays always the same:
Nordschleife - especially the "Fuchsröhre" racing head to head with another pilot.

Current favorite car: Porsche 911 GT2 RS Clubsport in RaceRoom - because of it's brutal accelleration.

Don't we have this exact topic every two months or so ?
Ok, whatever... here we go again...

Probably (and I'm pretty sure no one will choose this combo:sneaky:) this :
Automobilista - CART Extreme mod - Portland int. raceway
pir-752x440.jpg

aka Vanport
:inlove::inlove::inlove:
a blast !:rolleyes:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 44 12.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 38 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 44 12.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 43 11.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 125 34.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 214 59.3%