Competitions & Contests (merged)

James - all things being equal, the i3D logo isn't that complicated. You could probably knock up a "close enough for skin work" identikit without compromising the skin.

That's what I'm going to do.

Michael - you know there's been several sackloads of updates to GPL, don't you?

If you can run Race07/GTR/GTL whatever, you can run GPL in hi-res goodness. Let me know if you want any further info.

Anything to help out a fellow Essex boy racer :wink:.

Sorry if it's a bit OT.

Attachments

• coop_aft1.jpg
    coop_aft1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 181
  • fsscr008.jpg
    fsscr008.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 157
  • fsscr011.jpg
    fsscr011.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 179
  • image078.jpg
    image078.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 175
Week 4 - Screenshot Competition

Week 4 Screenshot Competition

rulesxt2.jpg

See this thread

themexr2.jpg

The theme for this week has been chosen by last weeks winner Martijn Niesen and is as follows:
Close call/Near Miss

Good luck

deadlinevp5.jpg

Submissions must be made & marked final by
Tuesday 9th September 2008 23:59 GMT

Please make submissions in this thread and mark the image you want to placed in the final poll with "Final Entry"

Good luck all, lets see how good we can make these sims look.

Arial in Bold looks very close, Lee.

The "3" on Arial is less rounded and narrower, more like the logo. I created the below from scratch in Wordpad.

Attachments

• i3D knock up.jpg
    i3D knock up.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 361
  • i3D.net

Hi guys, I was just told you started this competition. So I figured it would make more sense to give you our new mediakit with our new style (we stopped using the totally awesome rainbow, sorry :(;))

Our logofont is indeed Arial bold. I'll include the big logofile + the new mediakit so you can get an impression of our new "identity" :).

Attachments

• i3dlogobig.rar
    591.6 KB · Views: 138
  • mediakit.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 146
Damnit! :Cry:
Just essentially wasted an hour on recreating logos and playing with ideas ... all based on old colour schemes :doh:
... new ones are completely different :shocked:
mutter mutter, grump grump ...
feel like my 18 month old son sounds when his big sister nicks his favourite toy motorbike :pound:

... might have to finish what I have and go with old colours then maybe convert it later to new if I get time ...

Thanks for the new kit anyhow ... and to be positive what I did so far was a great learning experience :D

--> Jarrod: What is the ruling on double entries in such situations? :wink: :lol:

Hi guys, I was just told you started this competition. So I figured it would make more sense to give you our new mediakit with our new style (we stopped using the totally awesome rainbow, sorry :(;))

Our logofont is indeed Arial bold. I'll include the big logofile + the new mediakit so you can get an impression of our new "identity" :).

Thanks for that, exactly what i wanted to use on my skin :D

*fires up photoshop again*

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 44 8.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.4%