Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

Never had this but I keep my CM on another partition and use Winaero " merge registry"
which adds ALL custom registry back to a fresh OS in 1 click
just checked Steam again ...no CM runs as normal

If you have started a race in the content manager in assetto corsa vr, after the race without leaving the game completely, can you start another race somewhere in the content manager with a different track? it is a bit of a hassle always to be totally out of the game,
then start a new game in the content manager on the desktop.
especially in vr

It is a pain, it is one of the reasons I like how PC2 (well most games) do this with a 2D menu so you can at least do everything inside of VR. The need for a mouse is also a bit of a pain from a VR perspective as well. I have in the past used the desktop view in SteamVR for managing this and it works so you don't have to take the headset off at least. Windows Mixed Reality can also bring up a desktop view which is a little better than the Steam VR one and a bit quicker to get to, all be it also coming in and out of SteamVR to utilise it.

That is the best way I have found so far. Ideally, I would want the application pinned in SteamVR so when you exit it is there so you can immediately change and go back in but I don't know of a way to do it. A lot of these sorts of things have not been considered with VR yet, we need really easy ways to just bring 2D screens into our games and environments with various modes and OVRDrop and such make it possible but they are far from straightforward and quick and easy.

Hey there!
Do someone knows a way to reduce the ACC griplevel like the content manager does on assetto corsa? The GT4 cars are having too much grip comparing to the original cars on the real track. so i need to reduce the grip level to about 85% to have a real simulation. is there any way to adjust this?

Hey there!
Do someone knows a way to reduce the ACC griplevel like the content manager does on assetto corsa? The GT4 cars are having too much grip comparing to the original cars on the real track. so i need to reduce the grip level to about 85% to have a real simulation. is there any way to adjust this?
How did you determine that they have too much grip? Fast drivers are about a second or more slower at Misano than they were in real life.

• Deleted member 197115

There are predefined grips, no percentage like in original AC.
Covered in About Track Grip and Rubber Level in this doc

It is a pain, it is one of the reasons I like how PC2 (well most games) do this with a 2D menu so you can at least do everything inside of VR. The need for a mouse is also a bit of a pain from a VR perspective as well. I have in the past used the desktop view in SteamVR for managing this and it works so you don't have to take the headset off at least. Windows Mixed Reality can also bring up a desktop view which is a little better than the Steam VR one and a bit quicker to get to, all be it also coming in and out of SteamVR to utilise it.

That is the best way I have found so far. Ideally, I would want the application pinned in SteamVR so when you exit it is there so you can immediately change and go back in but I don't know of a way to do it. A lot of these sorts of things have not been considered with VR yet, we need really easy ways to just bring 2D screens into our games and environments with various modes and OVRDrop and such make it possible but they are far from straightforward and quick and easy.

thank you for your answer, i wil try virtual desktop.

What I do is:
- start the Oculus app
- put on my headset
- grab one Oculus controller
- point at the virtual desktop and start it
- leave the controller on my desk
- leave the headset on the tray by my rig
- sit on my rig
- put on my headset
- start Content Manager with the mouse on my rig

The rest is the same as when not using VR. When I start a race, the VR mode is activated and when I leave it, Content Manager is displayed on the virtual desktop.

I wish someone could invent a way to automatically start the virtual desktop when the Oculus app starts, so that I no longer have to use my Oculus controller.

It would also be great if Content Manager could work in full VR mode.

If anyone is interested, the files are video.ini, controls.ini and audio.ini. They are located at C:\Users\******\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\
They can be edited. I have created 2 sets in 2 folders, one for cockpit + Oculus and the other one for keyboard + monitor. When I start my launcher, the files corresponding to the first setup are copied and overwritten. When it's closed, the other set is copied. So, I no longer have to remember to load my preset when I'm using my cockpit. When I'm not on my cockpit, I prefer to have AC with the monitor and keyboard setup, just for testing purposes, configurations, trying mods, etc.

Having a content manager problem with 'manual mixed' grids in custom championships - seems that the ai names and cars for the next race weekend in the series change each time content manager is restarted.

Content manager also appears to ignore the grid config for that championship - once restarted it will add/change cars for the next race weekend that are not even in the grid config !

I suppose this means that to keep the ai and cars the same, all races in a championship need to be completed in a single sitting. A shame since I like 8 or 10 weekends in a championship and having the opposition change like this doesn't make it feel like a championship at all, just a series of disconnected races.

I'm sure there must be a good reason for this, since I find content manager to be otherwise simply brilliant...but if anyone knows how to stop the ai names and cars from changing like this I would very much appreciate the tip.

Unfortunatelly, Content Manager has no VR support, so you have to run it through the virtual desktop. There are no hotkeys in the Oculus dash that allow you to run the virtual desktop from your keyboard or button box. Automatic start of the virtual desktop when the Oculus dash starts is impossible. Also, as far as I know, the virtual desktop is doesn't have an .exe that could be run independently.

A possible solution that I tried yesterday was to use a third party virtual desktop. Once the Oculus dash is loaded, you can run that app from its .exe , for instance as part of a launcher, or with a button box or hotkey. Problem? When you exit Assetto Corsa you are not returned to your virtual desktop screen with Content Manager. I've read this has to do with running several VR apps at the same time. No solution, as far as I know.

You could say: OK, replace the mouse on your rig with your Oculus controller and use it to start the virtual desktop, run and use Content Manager. That's possible, but once Assetto Corsa is launched from CM, you cannot use the Oculus controller to move the mouse.

However, there's still a solution to avoid touching your Oculus controllers: using a Xbox pad. As soon as you touch any button on a Xbox pad connected to your computer, a blue icon appears on the center of your view. Now, if you look at the virtual desktop icon and press a button on your pad it will be executed.

However, we don't want an Xbox pad on our rigs, right? That's where the program called X360 Controller Emulator comes into play. This program allows any of your gaming devices to emulate a virtual Xbox controller. You can then map any button on your steering wheel or button box to act as the A button on the virtual pad.

I have integrated this idea in my launcher. So, when I sit on my rig and put on my headset, I just need to look a the virtual desktop icon and press a button on my button box. Now, with the desktop on my view, I can use my mouse to launch Content Manager and control everything like usual. The launcher of my Content Manager closes the X360 Controller Emulator program to free memory and resources, since I no longer need it active.

The only drawback of this is that, once you activate the virtual pad on the Oculus dash, the blue icon on the center of your view stays there also in Content Manager, which is a bit annoying. Fortunatelly, it's absolutelly gone in Assetto Corsa.

Summarizing, this is a complex solution to a simple problem. The Oculus developers could fix this in 5 minutes if they wanted, but it seems they are more worried in other things rather than offering basic options and features to the users.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 29 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 23 7.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 7 2.2%