Dashboard BMW M6 GT3

Hello,
I present to you my project outstanding achievement, the dashboard of the BMW M6 GT3.
3D printing for the case, Arduino for electronics, Nextion HMI 4.3 "and 16 leds.

The Project :
31645033893_31b0190267_c.jpg

3d Model in Fusion 360 :
Design-Render.jpg

After many test of 3d print :
20181003_081953.jpg

Electronics :
20181003_204806.jpg

First test on my Accuforce V2 :
20181003_205543.jpg

Nextion Template in Assetto Corsa :

To follow the installation and wiring of the 16 LEDs...

Thank you for the file, I will be honest I am a complete noob when it comes to arduino or simhub Im not even sure what to do with the file.

I have Simhub picking up the arduino now but the screen still isnt turning on.I can see it being picked up on com5 and I am guessing I go through program files, simhub,addons, nextionmicrobridge when I click upload I jget a joystick error? If anyone was free to jump on my pc and set it up that would be amazing. Happy to pay too if someone can get it working :)

Upvote 0
in the simhub sketch setup screen I now have the leds on (in test) so I know something is working. I still dont have any display on my monitor though. Is this to do with the nextion bridge. If so to carry on from my last post I have got the nextion micro bridge arduino screen up but when i click upload i get a joystick.h: no such file or directory message. any ideas?

EDIT. I am getting further. I have found how to load the nextion bridge through arduino but now im getting an error to do with neopixel's

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When I click upload I get a joystick error? If anyone was free to jump on my pc and set it up that would be amazing. Happy to pay too if someone can get it working :)
You are likely missing the arduino joystick library. You can download it here.
It also has some basic use instructions.

" If anyone was free to jump on my pc and set it up that would be amazing"

Please be very careful with this sort of request. Permitting a complete stranger access to your workstation has some very serious security concerns. If you were going to go this route please at least make sure the community will vouch for this member for your own safety. I hope your able to get your project working to your satisfaction.

Upvote 0
You are likely missing the arduino joystick library. You can download it here.
It also has some basic use instructions.

" If anyone was free to jump on my pc and set it up that would be amazing"

Please be very careful with this sort of request. Permitting a complete stranger access to your workstation has some very serious security concerns. If you were going to go this route please at least make sure the community will vouch for this member for your own safety. I hope your able to get your project working to your satisfaction.

The joystick error seems to have sorted itself somehow now I just have this led neopixel error when I try and upload the nextion bridge
Any ideas on that one

Upvote 0
I think the nextion bridge is uploaded. I grabbed a version off someone else and it loaded up.
I feel like I am so close so just a few more questions. I can now get the leds to work in simhub but the nextion screen is still completely blank it doesn’t even look like it’s powered up with nothing showing up. Could it be broken? What is the easiest way to get it to show it’s default screen when it’s turned on I just need to make sure it works or was it broken when it arrived.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You may want to test the connection to 5V power to see if the screen is actually receiving power. From what I recall you should at least get the back light on the screen upon plugging in. Perhaps share some pictures of your project.

Upvote 0
You may want to test the connection to 5V power to see if the screen is actually receiving power. From what I recall you should at least get the back light on the screen upon plugging in. Perhaps share some pictures of your project.

Yeah, I will take some pictures when I get home from work later and try to power it just off 5v's. From memory I cant remember seeing the backlight or any change in the monitor. I will give it a try powering it on its own and take some pics :)

Upvote 0
Yeah, I will take some pictures when I get home from work later and try to power it just off 5v's. From memory I cant remember seeing the backlight or any change in the monitor. I will give it a try powering it on its own and take some pics :)
Do you have a problem with the Vocore version or the Nextion version?

Upvote 0
@Pset I have never heard of Vocore displays before however checking out your project I have just ordered one. I am really excited to try out a solution that can run dashboards vs my nextion 4.3 which had very limited publicly available options. I would say the biggest downside to nextion is the difficulty and time to create custom dashboards. Thank you :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This new Vocore design is an awesome project, thanks for developing it, I ordered everything I need to build it. Any word on whether the Arduino is used only for the LEDs? Looking at the schematics, I couldn't see it being connected to the screen in any way. If so, can I replace the Pro Micro with a Nano as I have a bunch of them lying around?

Second, could you point me to a 3d model I can use with my Small Mige motor to mount the Vocore-based enclosure?

Edit: One last thing, I couldn't figure out what the male Micro USB connectors are used for, so I didn't order any. Could you please clarify?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This new Vocore design is an awesome project, thanks for developing it, I ordered everything I need to build it. Any word on whether the Arduino is used only for the LEDs? Looking at the schematics, I couldn't see it being connected to the screen in any way. If so, can I replace the Pro Micro with a Nano as I have a bunch of them lying around?

Second, could you point me to a 3d model I can use with my Small Mige motor to mount the Vocore-based enclosure?

Edit: One last thing, I couldn't figure out what the male Micro USB connectors are used for, so I didn't order any. Could you please clarify?
I used the micro USB to make the internal USB cable. It is indeed not compulsory.
Indeed the Arduino board is only used for the 16 LEDs, via Simhub.

Here is support for Mige, tell me if it is correct?

Upvote 0

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 177 66.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 42.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 122 45.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 49 18.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 26.7%
Back