Derek Speare Designs | Official support Thread

Not sure about when the pedals are connected to the wheel, but if you use a Leo Bodnar USB adapter for the G25/27 pedals you will have at least 1024 resolution, still a long ways off those pedals though.

Upvote 0
For throttle and clutch, having more than 1 calibration step per millimeter pedal travel is useless. That means 100 steps is enough. Your foot and leg is NOT super accurate, tell it to move 1 mm and you can't reproduce that reliably. It is nice that you can have 4000 steps but thinking that it is better means you completely forget about the human factor.

Upvote 0
For throttle and clutch, having more than 1 calibration step per millimeter pedal travel is useless. That means 100 steps is enough. Your foot and leg is NOT super accurate, tell it to move 1 mm and you can't reproduce that reliably. It is nice that you can have 4000 steps but thinking that it is better means you completely forget about the human factor.
Surely telling the foot to stand still then push 1mm is different then telling the foot to go from 0-6,5cm of travel?
Inevitably you will move your foot through smaller distances then 1mm when pushing in a continuous motion.

Upvote 0
Hi friends,

If you're a member of iRacing, then you've probably seen all the stuff below as I'm pretty active there. The render below is the seventh redesign of my pedals. The "Bull Pup" design saves 50% in materials and 66% in CNC time. Less machine time and materials = less cost.

short1.jpg

This is my newest design, the Velocity:

HPIM1469.jpg

HPIM1463.jpg

HPIM1478.jpg

HPIM1458.jpg

HPIM1450.jpg

And everyone knows my Track Boss :)

HPIM1432.jpg

:)

Upvote 0
No real details on the height except that they're around 12" or so. The arms in the render are an older version, and the recent photos of the steel arms (the thinner ones) are what I'd use in a production version.

This is the last prototype I made - it's 3/8" 6060 aluminum with the steel arms:

HPIM1438.jpg

Upvote 0
Hampus, you really have some superb talent :) All gold...as if the price isn't going to be enough as they are :)

Like I mentioned on the iRacing forums, I am making this final design one which can be inverted without anything major. The other design was a preliminary one, but the "Bull Pup" design is one which lends itself to being inverted fairly easily.

d

Upvote 0
I simply drag and drop materials but i do have a 900 dollar renderer :)
It's truly amazing this renderer, i did one with chrome black and regular chrome with some copper springs and it looked absolutely insane.
Will post tomorrow,

Sounds good! Hitting two flies with one stone is always nice :)
Need to upgrade my rig so i can easily switch if i want :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%