Authorised Vendor DK Sigma Motion System | USA Made

Hi everyone, we really like the new road inclinations layer in DK2/DK2+. We were initially going to set the default to 0 for DK2/DK2+, but we like it so much that we want to make the default at max 10 (1.25 degrees of allocation). The main reason we initially wanted 0 as default is to preserve the full travel for the existing layers.

However, it looks like our Dynamic Scaling algorithm is doing it's job really well and it allows us to add another layer on top easily. For DK6, the range will be 0 to 5 degrees with a default of 2.5 degrees. This release is close to complete, thank you all for your patience..

1662393748480.png

Hi everyone, we really like the new road inclinations layer in DK2/DK2+. We were initially going to set the default to 0 for DK2/DK2+, but we like it so much that we want to make the default at max 10 (1.25 degrees of allocation). The main reason we initially wanted 0 as default is to preserve the full travel for the existing layers.

However, it looks like our Dynamic Scaling algorithm is doing it's job really well and it allows us to add another layer on top easily. For DK6, the range will be 0 to 5 degrees with a default of 2.5 degrees. This release is close to complete, thank you all for your patience..

View attachment 598020
Hi, does DK6 at the moment support all the stuff that DK2 systems do?

Hi, does DK6 at the moment support all the stuff that DK2 systems do?
In regards of games and features yes. This morning we just finished tuning for flight and DK6 feels great, as it should since more travel benefits sustained pitch/roll and heave movements which are more apparent with flight. :) thanks!

Any new vids for the DK6?
Many delays in production and sourcing. Need to get mechanical just perfect, which we think we have achieved. Mechanically they are pieces of art, IMHO. Howard, in charge of engineering and production, did an incredible job and has been working weekends for months now to deliver on time as much as possible. :) But we are just waiting on packaging and should have delivery of it this coming week. Units shipping out as soon as packaging comes in. We want these 22 lbs actuators cradled like babies when they ship.

We have also opted to using a different ball screw provider for the DK6 that provides various mechanical benefits, including greater centricity for the longer stroke. Hard to get into the details here but the system is smoother and more concentric than before, which is important/needed with the greater amounts of stroke, over the lifecycle of the product.

Also we have been surprised by the performance of the algorithms and the 6" of travel. Tuning took also more time than we anticipated and we will go back to tunning later this year again. It's hard to put into words and we will make videos on it but it does feels different and more representative of actual vehicle suspension/terrain. I know the common saying in the industry is, "less is more" referring to having less travel is better represented, but that's not necessarily true. It REALLY depends on how your algorithms are set up and if they are allocated properly and not just extrapolated linearly. Meaning, you can't just take motion layers from a 2" system and put them into a 6" system and then just do a multiplication of x 3. That doesn't work and this is why I believe people get disheartened when they max out or try long travel systems for the first time.

We also found that after a certain slider setting, its probably best to mount the monitors directly to the chassis. We knew this going in but it was really validated for us once we did more testing and tuning. Flight is also on another level all together.

What we have learned with DK6 development is also going to benefit DK2/2+ and our early beta testers have reported noticeable improvements already, specially when on tracks like the Nurburgring with many rolling hills. One of our early DK customers claimed that it feels like his actuators have an additional 0.5" of travel, lol. But its really our new inclination slider and our dynamic scaling just working really well together. Offering more environmental pitch/roll and a lot less saturation. Arthur did an amazing job and even amazed himself in the process. lol. :)

Also got this comment on Discord which was nice:
1662520608471.png

So to answer your question, soon. And our apologies, we are moving as fast as we can, but need to prioritize and focus on the fundamentals and its already proving to be worth the wait.... also understanding that customers can't wait forever. Obviously.

Thanks!
Peter

Hi. I just moved up to 48” monitors and it is a very different experience. I have noticed that visual motion cues are stronger which knocked them out of sync with my motion system. I had to increase motion system intensity to restore sync. The visual sense of elevation change has also increased, but also created some motion sickness since my motion system does not “keep up” due to the max 1.5” travel.

Question: would the DK6 keep my body more in sync with what I see on screen?

Hi. I just moved up to 48” monitors and it is a very different experience. I have noticed that visual motion cues are stronger which knocked them out of sync with my motion system. I had to increase motion system intensity to restore sync. The visual sense of elevation change has also increased, but also created some motion sickness since my motion system does not “keep up” due to the max 1.5” travel.

Question: would the DK6 keep my body more in sync with what I see on screen?
That's an interesting observation. There is a nice blend for each person but its very hard to standardize the simulated experience. Simulation software tries to sell the idea of motion by providing camera or head like movement, forward movements, roll, pitch and head rotations when looking into the apex etc... With larger screens that does become more obvious for sure. Usually in iRacing you can lock the horizon which is good.

But yes, the DK6 "should" keep your body more in sync given our algorithms, but its hard to compare to what you have now. :-\

Hi. I have a question: rather than attaching three big monitors to the rig and having it move with the rig, would it be possible to have the monitors on a structure that moves in concert with the rig? That would alleviate the impact of a number of things like haptics and vibration, and it could be configured to make only certain movements. For example, pitch up and pitch down at an angle, consistent with the rig, but not necessarily the same speed or jerkiness.
Just curious, and just an idea, for a way for future DK6 like systems to work with big triple monitors, although not necessarily at the same speed or jerkiness.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%