Do dual CPU benefit from dual GPU in triple screen 1440P?

ajcasper

Premium
I have recently upgraded from a single 1080P 40" TV to triple 27" 60HZ 1440P monitors (z27n for $65 each). I am running on a HP Z840 with 2 XEON CPU with 6 physical cores each at 3.5GHz (3.7GHZ turbo) and each processor having 16GB of PC2400 ECC RAM. I was using a single Quardo M4000 on the PCIe 3.0x16 attached to processor 1 and averaging 90FPS in Assetto Corsa. I now have added a second Quardo M4000 to the PCIe 3.0x16 attached to processor 2 and connected my two side monitors. I have not installed and SLI bridge yet. My Average frame rate is now 24FPS. I really like the triple monitors and don't want to give them up now that I have them. Even at low FPS.

Here is my question. I am looking at upgrading to get back above 60FPS. A single card capable running all three screens at 1440P will be either RTX3080 or RX7900 class with a minimum of 16GB VRAM. I was thinking of being able to load 2 cards again, 1 per CPU and go with a lower class RTX4060 8GB or alike on each processor. When I was watching MSI Afterburner while driving it didn't seem like my second card was doing anything at the moment, but Assetto Corsa's online display said I was using 240% of my GPU. My goal is to be above 60FPS in the 1% min while running triple 1440P on new racing titles like Assetto Corsa Evo when it comes out and not need to upgrade for a few years.

I could really use the advice from the community on this. I don't understand the architecture or how the games work to make an informed decision on this. The last time I had to actively shop for a high end gaming graphics card was when I bought my Voodoo 4 when those released. Up until now, I haven't needed to look past what my workstation towers came with because they could always out preform the displays I was running.

I appreciate all the help you all can offer. I will try to answer any questions you have for me.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 199 88.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 37 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 30 13.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 32 14.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 62 27.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 77 34.2%