Does anyone still believe in a final working version of Automobilista1 ?

This is a serious and respectful question about the future of AMS1. The best working version for me is 1.5.16, everything that came after that only made the simulation worse. With the current hype about No.2 and the announced roadmap I have serious doubts that there will be any improvements. This game doesn't deserve such an exit.
Therefore I'm interested in your opinion, please vote.

I just bought whatever was on STeam. I don't know what revision it is but I assumed it would be the latest. Would I be wrong to assume that previous versions are better? What things would be better if I had an earlier version? Is it even possible for a Steam user to go back a few revisions?

What exactly, in your opinion, is so wrong with the game? It's been a while since I played, but it was fine then. I don't think you can expect any major patches now since Reiza said some time ago that there wouldn't be. They released a couple of bug fix patches but that's it.

AMS 1 is closed, and this is really great, we have the best of the old isimotor and it's fully moddable. Modding is dying and here we have a super polished platform to work on. Bear in mind any "improvement" depends of your personal taste.
Currently the most modded platform is AC and the quality of its original content is between mediocre and bad, AMS as a final product is a rare gem in the sim world.

What exactly, in your opinion, is so wrong with the game? It's been a while since I played, but it was fine then. I don't think you can expect any major patches now since Reiza said some time ago that there wouldn't be. They released a couple of bug fix patches but that's it.

User voices from the Reiza Forum:
Hello;

First I want to inform you that I have already done all the parameters described HERE and the DRIFT series happens CTD after the first lap of points validation, following the attached trace.txt log file.

I know the focus is on AMS 2 but it's very frustrating to know that we can't use this series on AMS 1, leaving the game incomplete. Hope you find a solution, thanks Alex.
I am watching an irl Porsche Cup driver playing AMS on Twitch right now. He just got drift CTDed.
This issue is so unfortunate, though...it's the only recent pMotor based sim, that has a drift mode, i hope, there is a possibility, that it will be fixed some day :-I
Will you release further hotfix? @Domagoj Lovric

Answer Domagoj Lovric: Only for drift ctd fix.
That was in Oct.19.
Who has decency should deliver a usable product if he takes money for it.

I would like for a few bugs to be solved, but I don't think they'll ever be.
Like my wheel halving it's rotation and forcing me to manually set the rotation in the Logitech software, or how I just got a checkered flag on the penultimate lap and then the game crashed, or how it'll bug out when I Alt+TAB out of it for whatever reason.

Other than that it's a pretty polished game.

OK, thanks for the feedback, the survey matches my opinion. And just to be clear, I am excited about AMS1 and its possibilities. But from a developer's point of view, I find the release history really embarrassing. The drift series has been widely announced (and certainly has fans - not me) and will not work in 1.5.3.

it’s too bad these bugs aren’t fixed yet but i think that it will be repaired when they are less busy.there is not only the bug related to the drift mod what i found. The game crash when i exit the race. Other bug, on the Brand Hatch track, in the pit entry, some cars hit the tire wall.

Basically, for me, having played GSC from the start, through AMS there are minor issues that i know could use updating in the sim, based on how much i have played it, but i understand some are unecassary based on the vision the developers have/had. And depends how you use the game (online, vs offline champs, series etc). Minor issues like how some cars/drivers names/classes are all muddled and presented differently between series when in the same race screens, multi-class racing /ALL Cars/Tracks is noticible. Its not a bug but little things like that i guess.

More serious issues, the pit entry at Brands always becomes full of stuck cars returning to pits after a race, a car will hit the wall and become stuck, and block the rest, you need them to pass the pit line so your championship points are counted, (sometimes it calculates your points, sometimes not if this happens on other tracks) so i have to park before the pit entry so i can push the stuck cars along, this happens 100% of the time at the end of all races at Brands for me.

A lot of cars have terrible turning angles and can't reverse themselves when stuck, just drive continuously at the wall, plodding along a few feet every few mins :D. Pit walls, widths and entry walls could of been widened a bit, and all garage heights, (For FT) along with all pit entry having a collision/wall revision, some pit entries and garages cause standard reiza cars and mod cars to clip/ hit the walls. Whats the point of having accurate to life road if it doesnt work in the game? We have official fictional content, so also the pit entries could be more flowing, less like sphaghetti, and fictional to suit the lowest common denominator turning angle. Looking at you, FTruck!.

Another bug in the system is the randomised chance that if your game crashes or you cancel a quali session or a race once started, (like when your kid demands you do :D) when you open the game again and 'resume' with your championship, it may have skipped to the next session or track in the championship instead of restarting the cancelled event (does anyone know why this happens on some tracks and some not?).

Breaking of blue flagged cars or non hotlapping cars during quali when being lapped in the middle of a straight or mid corner, most often ruins races where they cause crashes, detract from immersion. I just learn to work around them as i know some of these things are related to the game engine and couldn't be fixed? But, funnily, i find some modded cars handle blue flags almost perfect, and overtaking off the fastest line ive observed in mod cars so i wonder?.....umm.

Upon reflection, theres lof of minor things and major things depending on how you use the game, and how you use the software, but like a game like Skyrim, you understand its not perfect and the base game engines are finite in their ability to to be used ongoing to keep up with tech evolution. So like all games, and for business model, left and the new game is made, but the new ones start a new fresh base of problems and so, you'll never get that 'perfect' platform, until quantum computing is used for them this will always be the case.

Track editor, anyone? Its a shame Sims don't have more 'gaming' activities within the sim, having spent so much time in it, i wonder what else could be implemented, such as in game track editing, changing kerbs, type, colour, grass/sand options, reverse layouts AIW..these things could really offer people like me a whole lot more that would be worth paying for IMO.

TL/DR So yes it's a great working sim, polished in lots of important areas the best it could be, but with some bugs and issues in a few key areas.

Sims are still influenced too much by the corporate, an RPG SIM is where its at ;) Apart from the tracks, do we need licensed cars, really, its a video game, an illusion and i'm sure 90% of sim gamers would crash a real race car first lap. How 'accurate' does everything really need to be seeing as the 'real' world is also constantly changing? Why chase corporate approval, we are free to create at any moment, why limit anything about what you do to suit someones elses version? Surely sim racers need to also ask themselves, how important is the illusion of a licensed car skin over a fictional one, and as most would never drive any of these cars in the game in real life, how would you know if the sim is simulating a true as can be physic or not? Some expectations from gamers also needs to mature a little still, to not be pulled into a advertising feedback loop of, 'licensed content! must be betteeerrr!'...

Anyways, of course when i was younger i used to take games serious, now im very casual so whats important to me will be different to you, but i still 'feel' when playing sims that the corporate identity is a bit of an infection, (its limiting rather than expanding) I 'think' its good to attract new (paying) customers by having real-world represented content, but not the best 'source' to look for a 'creative' base for creating 'new' things; how things are expressed in games is free of the money as a motivator identity situation. The racing car world is dominated by money as its reason for existing top-down, the ego-dreams of the people have thier own motivators that make it happen...so that becomes outwardly expressed in the identity, but video games then 're-create' this world with its limitations, they are fake plastic illusions, so you can still be 'sim', but free of financial obligations. Conscious co-creation is a thing.

Being on lockdown means i waffled on more than needed (not sorry ;))

P.S. this obviously means i have a lot of hopes for sim racing to progress but fun and form-factor equally with a sustainable base physics architecture. The real world doesn't change its physics, you operate around it, same should be for sims once new technology is developed for it.

Last edited:
I'm still having controller mapping issues with this sim. Just when I think it's going to keep working and then it happens again. It's so frustrating that it makes me hate sim racing in general. I don't understand how it all works fine for like 4 days, then I don't play it for a day or two then when I log back on nothing on my steering wheel works. PC has been on the entire time and hasn't updated or anything either. The wheel (an Ascher F64) still shows up in the in-game device list but nothing works when I try to remap the paddles etc. I've had this issue off and on for almost two years with only this sim.

Are you plugging it on to the same usb port? I used to have this issue but found if I put in new devices to other ports or put the wheel into another port then I'd have this issue. In the end I just kept everything plugged in.

Are you plugging it on to the same usb port? I used to have this issue but found if I put in new devices to other ports or put the wheel into another port then I'd have this issue. In the end I just kept everything plugged in.

Everything stays where it is except I have three different steering wheels I use that get plugged into the same USB extension. Guess switching wheels for another sim caused it. AMS is the only one that doesn't seem to like it. I also have a Xbox One controller I use for regular gaming that doesn't stay plugged in all the time.

Everything stays where it is except I have three different steering wheels I use that get plugged into the same USB extension. Guess switching wheels for another sim caused it. AMS is the only one that doesn't seem to like it. I also have a Xbox One controller I use for regular gaming that doesn't stay plugged in all the time.
I would recommend you to try devreorder https://github.com/briankendall/devreorder/releases
Not saying it will fix your issue for sure but it saved me a lot of time not having to remap all my inputs when my wheel decides to switch between joy1 and joy2 at random

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 252 34.2%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 199 27.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 139 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 60 8.2%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.4%