Resource icon

Tracks Donington Park 2.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
There might be minor issues with kerbs causing front wing / splitter damage but that could also be related to the custom car I tried it with.

Will double check tomorrow evening with a Kunos car. :geek:

Cheers for the nod, is there anything else that you need references for? I have several hundred other photos of the track surroundings including fences, run-offs, barriers etc.

good looking tracks both the gp and national layout. Only problem i have oticed is the kerbs of death which violently launch cars off the track, anyone else have this issue?

Brun updated Donington Park GP Circuit with a new update entry:

Donington Park GP Circuit 1.08

Extensive remodelling of physics meshes, where are now completely independent of graphics models. I'm almost 100% confident that there are no holes, intersecting geometry, overlapping polygons or any other artefacts.
Made all crowds 'KSLAYER5' which means they won't be rendered if world detail is less than maximum.
Fixed shimmering windows of the building at Goddards, which was very evident at the start of replays.
Added reflection to glass surfaces and transparency where necessary.
Made...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hopefully this update solves the physics issues that were a problem with 1.07. The details I added to the run off and apexes are still there, but the physics mesh is now smoother and (probably more importantly) completely contiguous. Couple of screenshots here:

It might be the case that some mod cars still have issues, a lot of them so seem to be much less forgiving of even the smallest bumps. Testing them extensively isn't something I have the time or enthusiasm for, but fingers crossed any problems are much reduced from the previous version.

Regarding performance, I get very similar FPS to official tracks. However, it does use an extra 200MB of VRAM and that seems to be a problem for 1GB video cards. While I sympathise with this, any solution would mean compromising the quality for the vast majority of people who can run it without issues, and that's not something I'm considering.

Did you increase the number of pitboxes mate?
Just seen your picture on the official forums with yourself starting in 36th on the grid!

Last edited:
The 36 grid places were actually already there, but even single races need the pit places, which I only added after 1.09.

Unfortunately because the pitlane isn't big enough the extra ones are all on top of each other so it wouldn't be much use for multiplayer, at least in any sort of remotely authentic fashion.

The 36 grid places were actually already there, but even single races need the pit places, which I only added after 1.09.

Unfortunately because the pitlane isn't big enough the extra ones are all on top of each other so it wouldn't be much use for multiplayer, at least in any sort of remotely authentic fashion.
Ahh, I see. Yes, the pitlane issue must be a pain.
So what is the actual maximum pitboxes able to be used in MP then? 24?

Brun updated Donington Park GP Circuit with a new update entry:

Donington Park GP and National Circuits

**This download now contains both GP and National circuits. One install, but both layouts available in the launcher**

version 1.10

Consolidated GP and National circuits into one track.
Corrected surfaces for runoff areas so penalties are applied correctly.
Corrected vertex normal maps for improved shading of mid-ground and horizon.
reorientated pit boxes to be parallel to pitlane again. AI seems to cope ok despite cars being very close together.
Did a spot of gardening.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great Job Bruno and thank you, quick question should this circuit work online as i am getting "problems with checksum" when trying to connect to my dedicated server? have tried with different cars etc to troubleshoot.

Someone on the official forums had problems with this as well, apparently something to do with trying to load the surfaces.ini from the wrong location.

There's nothing in the track which specifies where to get the surfaces.ini for each layout, so I'm not convinced it's something I can do anything about. If I hear otherwise I'll try and fix it asap.

Reactions: Si
Someone on the official forums had problems with this as well, apparently something to do with trying to load the surfaces.ini from the wrong location.

There's nothing in the track which specifies where to get the surfaces.ini for each layout, so I'm not convinced it's something I can do anything about. If I hear otherwise I'll try and fix it asap.

Thanks for the response Bruno, appreciate the feed back. :tup:

Brun, thx again. Respect.
Im wondering, now from 1.10 ver. there are both versions consolidated into 1 folder, it gives me error goin for a hotlap to RSR Live, but only with national version. AC says track error?
Probably also RSR live should have the same structure- folders I mean and yours latest version also. Or?
Thank again for Your effort.
:thumbsup:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 49 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 22 4.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.3%