Double Clutching in Simracing

^^ If it brings faster response times it's all the more beneficial. To be honest there is no longer a reason to doubleclutch, revmatch, heel/toe or whatever fancy thing except for personal bragging rights which are meaningless to start with.

^^ If it brings faster response times it's all the more beneficial. To be honest there is no longer a reason to doubleclutch, revmatch, heel/toe or whatever fancy thing except for personal bragging rights which are meaningless to start with.

I agree that there is no point in double declutching in a sim, but not heel-and-toe or rev matching? Really? If you don't match the revs when changing down in AC's Lotus 25 (or many of the other H-pattern cars) you are far more likely to lose the back end.

I would say heel-and-toe or rev matching were essential in sim racing, rather than something to do to show off.

I agree that there is no point in double declutching in a sim, but not heel-and-toe or rev matching? Really? If you don't match the revs when changing down in AC's Lotus 25 (or many of the other H-pattern cars) you are far more likely to lose the back end.

I would say heel-and-toe or rev matching were essential in sim racing, rather than something to do to show off.

I was talking about modern era cars obviously, but that wasn't clear as I didn't explicitly wrote that, sorry.

I can't remember the last time I saw a clutch pedal in a HGV.

You must be very young or you have never driven a military HGV.;)

Ive been driving an hgv since april 2017 and have never driven a manual even for my test although because i have a manual car licence i am allowed to which is strange. I have driven a scabby scania which is an auto but it has a cluch pedal. I want to give a propper manual a shot though (preferably something armeican) Even in the states autos are starting to get more popular i believe. I know mack are doing them which i assume is the volvo i shift box.

In preparation for Skip Barber 5 years ago, I went to the trouble of learning on Live for Speed. It was good to know, but without practice and repetition, my timing is all gone. At least I know what theory says I SHOULD be doing... Turns out I didn't need it with those Skippy cars too.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 47 87.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 18 33.3%