Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Wotever and all the family.
First of all thanks for this wonderfull software. I'm with you since august 2015 with differents hardware: dedicated shift gear, TM1637, 1638, MAX7219, RGB leds, even 20x4 I2C 20x4. All works, with different proyects.
But now... "Huston, we have a problem". It's time to Nokia 3310 display. It works fine with examples of libraries and other, but the Sketch has reached the limit of memory for NANO or UNO. When enable the #define INCLUDE_NOKIALCD...etc, and test the compilation, the result: Sketch uses 33.018 bytes (102%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32.256 bytes. and give error. I suppose other lines, hardware not used, would be disable but I try it and don't know to do it. I would like test ONLY the nokia display without any other hardware, what lines in Skecth delete or simply disable //.

Thaks in advance.

Hum, you've reached the nano limit ! I never got it :D, so you 're trying to get a combination of hardware ? Or nokia alone (nokia alone should work). I guess your best bet is to give you nokia a dedicated nano, or goint to a mega which have more storage.

NB : I was thinking dropping support for nokia, it's has never been officially supported (not in compatible hardware list) .And I had lot of problems with the quality of the screens (contrast problems), I've never been really satisfied with these, despite these hardware problems it works amazingly with simhub.

No matter Wotever, I only wanna test this little screen alone. The limit of NANO or UNO has reached with F version of the Sketch, simply enable de #define INCLUDE_NOKIALCD...etc. try yourself.
Thank you for your quick response.
And NOKIA display goes to....RTC DS3231 with sensor temperature DHT22...;)

Edit: I don't use SetupAssistant, I edit directly the Sketch like in 2015

Last edited:
Hi,

I tried to get just a gear indicator (http://www.dx.com/p/max7219-dot-matrix-module-w-5-dupont-lines-184854)
I enabled it in the sketch, but there is just some random flicker on it.
What is the default "screen" for the gear? and how do I have to setup the hardware tab?

TIA

Did you used any other hardware ?
Hi,

I tried to get just a gear indicator (http://www.dx.com/p/max7219-dot-matrix-module-w-5-dupont-lines-184854)
I enabled it in the sketch, but there is just some random flicker on it.
What is the default "screen" for the gear? and how do I have to setup the hardware tab?

TIA

Did you use the template filler ? All the other modules are disabled ?

Did you used any other hardware ?

Did you use the template filler ? All the other modules are disabled ?
no other hardware connected, just the MAX.
I tried with everything else disabled, except the MAX.
then with TM module enabled, but none connected.

Do I have to make a screen? because in simhub under Arduino-Screens, the Main screen would not be adequate.

Thanks for your help!

Ho gear indicator is standalone, screens are intended for 7 seg and LCD display.

I've tested again with a brand new arduino, and the package Id had no problem, it works.
You may have missed a step somewhere, here the sketch I used preconfigured : https://www.mediafire.com/?3q8029lpl026w4e
upload_2017-3-19_16-9-6.png

If everything goes well you should see the "M" (Matrix) in the connected device features :
upload_2017-3-19_16-8-38.png

Does this application read distance travelled aswell?
Can I use a 4-digit 7-segment to show distance?
I have a serial 4-digit 7 segment(from Funbits or something like that) lying around, waiting for a use

Wow wow wow

That looks insane.
I now feel bad for coming online to ask how to change i2c to non i2c 20x4 lcd.??

Im waiting for my adapter to arrive.
If you can assist

Wow wow wow

That looks insane.
I now feel bad for coming online to ask how to change i2c to non i2c 20x4 lcd.??

Im waiting for my adapter to arrive.
If you can assist

Thanks ! I try to fix the errors I made with nextion. nextion is too complex to edit (some people have achieved it) and now RPi hdmi displays are more affordable and more versatile than nextion. So I tried to do a dash designer, I'm impatient to receive my display and see it running on it !
I've bought this one :
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01HPV7OEG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(It can be found much cheaper in china)

Ah ah, non I2c is a lot of headache, it does not works out of box, you need a pot for backlight and a bunch of wiring, honestly I've been too lazy for trying, and simhub does not support it.

Oh oh ! Amazing, I've not seen nokia lcd working for a long time ! So sad that it is so small because it worked very well in my memory !

I think that you're the very first person using it (at least who told it) in one year.
Awesome. I was considering usng that display in the center of a custom steering wheel, kinda like a GT3/LMP hybrid screen wheel.
Well done. Man.

Thanks ! I try to fix the errors I made with nextion. nextion is too complex to edit (some people have achieved it) and now RPi hdmi displays are more affordable and more versatile than nextion. So I tried to do a dash designer, I'm impatient to receive my display and see it running on it !
I've bought this one :
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01HPV7OEG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(It can be found much cheaper in china)

Ah ah, non I2c is a lot of headache, it does not works out of box, you need a pot for backlight and a bunch of wiring, honestly I've been too lazy for trying, and simhub does not support it.

Well I believe you do a great job, ive only discovered your program and am very impressed, I understand its limitations.
Only thing I will harass ;) you on is the 2-digit 14-segment led, please get it working, I need to use it for ETS2, on thst subject, as I didnt see a programmable controller, I was planning on daisy chaining shift registers.

Keep up the great work

Hi guys,

I've been working hard this weekend for you ! It remains a lot of work, but well somehow ... it works !!

... and Friday I ordered a Nextion display.... Sh...
But that seems to be much easier.
Does is conect via HDMI or USB? You see... new Questions from me...

Another question: Are all data from the ETS2 plugin integrated in Simhub? I miss some and I do not know wether it is not provided by the plugin or it is not in Simhub (I miss time till next break and time to compled the job)

Well I believe you do a great job, ive only discovered your program and am very impressed, I understand its limitations.
Only thing I will harass ;) you on is the 2-digit 14-segment led, please get it working, I need to use it for ETS2, on thst subject, as I didnt see a programmable controller, I was planning on daisy chaining shift registers.

Keep up the great work
The problem with your display is that he does not have any controller in order to use it. You would have to wire it using a max 7219 or a max 7221 for example to make it work, but electronic design is out of my knowledge :(

... and Friday I ordered a Nextion display.... Sh...
But that seems to be much easier.
Does is conect via HDMI or USB? You see... new Questions from me...

Another question: Are all data from the ETS2 plugin integrated in Simhub? I miss some and I do not know wether it is not provided by the plugin or it is not in Simhub (I miss time till next break and time to compled the job)
It's planned to be over HDMI, usb screens are expensive, that's not the purpose of simhub. Little hdmi screens prices have dropped these last months (thanks to raspberry pi). I try to make it easier than nextion but the engine behind will be the same( the same formulas for complex displays)

For ets2 in theory all the data should be available the datacore plugin extracts automatically all the data available. I will take a look to see if it missed something.

It's planned to be over HDMI, usb screens are expensive, that's not the purpose of simhub. Little hdmi screens prices have dropped these last months (thanks to raspberry pi). I try to make it easier than nextion but the engine behind will be the same( the same formulas for complex displays)

For ets2 in theory all the data should be available the datacore plugin extracts automatically all the data available. I will take a look to see if it missed something.
A well. The display needs a rasberry right?

There is some data called deadline. But the value makes no sense even with your new formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 36 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.4%