Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I want to buil a stand alone display for PS4. like this:

Does this work on a ps4?
and if not, what are the options?

Thanks a lot for your reply!!
Hi Sadly these screens does not run directly from PS4, you can eventually use simhub on a computer. It should work for the codemasters games (F12XXX, dirt ...) as long as you configure the game to send the data to the computer.

Hi there!
I've noticed that if i use SimHub for some time it starts to get "laggy", the experience is really good the first maybe 20 minutes but once you pass that 20 min barrier it starts to feel laggy.
Any tips?
Thanks in advance.
Hi ! Really stange, could you be more specific on what you use ? Game / device / dash / browser ... ? It's really hard to give you any clues now with so few informations.
Eventually sending me the log files could help, they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\Logs

Hi ! Really stange, could you be more specific on what you use ? Game / device / dash / browser ... ? It's really hard to give you any clues now with so few informations.
Eventually sending me the log files could help, they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\Logs

I haven't been able to test it for that much time in another games, but in this case is rF2, i use a S8+ as a device , the dash was the Mclaren GT3 one and the browser i use is Chrome.

I think the log in here is the one when i did an hour stint or so, if you want every log i have just ask me.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zmhtlykzyqy4xo5/SimHub.log.15?dl=0

Thanks in advance.

Oki thanks for reply. No problem, i have managed to make my own basic template for 5,0":)
However, i got same issue like F1Yabin, very lagy - non usable:( very jaggy rpm bar, the gear remain stucked, numbers are jaggy,,
I tried to experiment with latency without help..
Got full version of simhub, nexion display, assetto corsa.
Video here:

I haven't been able to test it for that much time in another games, but in this case is rF2, i use a S8+ as a device , the dash was the Mclaren GT3 one and the browser i use is Chrome.

I think the log in here is the one when i did an hour stint or so, if you want every log i have just ask me.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zmhtlykzyqy4xo5/SimHub.log.15?dl=0

Thanks in advance.
Hum interresting ! The log looks fine, no errors, your phone have plenty of power and should not struggle with Simhub, however i've already seen some devices triggering a thermal protection after a time (an old LG G3 in my case) which would seriously reduce GPU power at a level where everything went laggy) does your phone gets hot ?
It would be interresting to see when it occurs if a refresh of the page on the phone solves it. It would allow to understand if the problem comes from the computer side or from the phone side.

Also could you describe me the lag ? Is it totally and definitely laggy, or is it some recurrent lags ?

I will take a look on my side, web dash is really light on simhub side and does a very little things, but I know that rf2 with massive amount of data sent can generate a lot of pressure.

There are also some traps around such as windows update / antiviruses scan .... which can cause troubles, in the settings you have an option to give Simhub a higher priority and let Simhub breathe :
upload_2018-3-1_15-34-15.png

Hum interresting ! The log looks fine, no errors, your phone have plenty of power and should not struggle with Simhub, however i've already seen some devices triggering a thermal protection after a time (an old LG G3 in my case) which would seriously reduce GPU power at a level where everything went laggy) does your phone gets hot ?
It would be interresting to see when it occurs if a refresh of the page on the phone solves it. It would allow to understand if the problem comes from the computer side or from the phone side.

Also could you describe me the lag ? Is it totally and definitely laggy, or is it some recurrent lags ?

I will take a look on my side, web dash is really light on simhub side and does a very little things, but I know that rf2 with massive amount of data sent can generate a lot of pressure.

There are also some traps around such as windows update / antiviruses scan .... which can cause troubles, in the settings you have an option to give Simhub a higher priority and let Simhub breathe :
View attachment 238545

I can`t really tell if my phone did overheat when im racing i usually not touching the phone ;P.
Refreshing the webpage solves it but i can't be refreshing the page every 20 minutes while racing that's the problem.
About the lag it just starts to go laggy, to the point that it starts to freeze.
I haven't had that option enabled so I will give it a try and keep you up to date!
Thanks for your work!

Higher process priority did not worked for me.
Might it be computer - it is older and slow office comp right now i´m just trying to make templates and testing display (intel i5 3,1ghz / 12gb ram / geforce gtx460..?).

Oki thanks for reply. No problem, i have managed to make my own basic template for 5,0":)
However, i got same issue like F1Yabin, very lagy - non usable:( very jaggy rpm bar, the gear remain stucked, numbers are jaggy,,
I tried to experiment with latency without help..
Got full version of simhub, nexion display, assetto corsa.
Video here:
I'don't think at all it's related to the same problem

I 've never seen anyone trying the 5" version of nextions until you, but is has the double of resolution (compared to 4.3) for the same embedded chip so i really don't know how well (or bad) it should runs.

However I would have some clues :
- Could you tell me how many FPS are shown here and the latency applied :
upload_2018-3-1_15-39-50.png

- In the same screen than previously have you choose the correct template and mapping according to your design (it's critital for an optimal result) ?
- If you changed the content of the template and eventually removed some parts you don't want but you did not regenerate the structure file you may put the nextion at trouble and actually slow it down abnormally.

To know if simhub is running optimally you can enable the show simhub fps option (it will show on the bottom status bar, something around 55 and 65 FPS in game is a normal refresh and it means that the game data is read at the correct rate
upload_2018-3-1_15-47-15.png

I can`t really tell if my phone did overheat when im racing i usually not touching the phone ;P.
Refreshing the webpage solves it but i can't be refreshing the page every 20 minutes while racing that's the problem.
About the lag it just starts to go laggy, to the point that it starts to freeze.
I haven't had that option enabled so I will give it a try and keep you up to date!
Thanks for your work!
Ok interresting ! I was not asking you to do it every time ;) but for me it's really an important clue, the fact that the refresh on the phone solves really reduce the search scope ;)

Thanks for help:
I started with default latency - 20ms where i got around 50fps
then i tried 1ms:) with 500fps:) but resolut is still same like in the video i posted, nothing changed.

When i turn on "show fps" it always shows Refresh rate around 64fps in status bar.

I have made template by myself from scratch, would like to try another one but did not found any for 5.0 and yes i have Template and Mapping set correctly.

Attachments

• next.JPG
    next.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 170
Well seems like the problem will be in my template. When i load Dash_3.4 it works perfect (except it is only on third of the screen of course:).
Will try to modify this one probably, but still i would love to make my own:)

Edit: Probably i have too many datas in template? When i left in my template just RPMbar, Gear, Laptime and Deltabar it works smooth enough..

Last edited:
Well seems like the problem will be in my template. When i load Dash_3.4 it works perfect (except it is only on third of the screen of course:).
Will try to modify this one probably, but still i would love to make my own:)

Edit: Probably i have too many datas in template? When i left in my template just RPMbar, Gear, Laptime and Deltabar it works smooth enough..
in fact I fear that the 5" version has not enough power to handle the SimHub intense work, by using the 3.4 template you are reducing seriously the redraw surface. From what I've seen your template is not so complex neither so i guess there is still hope.

I've made a step by step tutorial here : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGpxzBy8qCmy16a4o2rCzTUnUxoqRAOZE
It would be interresting to start back from something simple and test regularly until you find the bottleneck.

Yop thats exactly the tutorial i used to make my first template from scretch.
Excellent tutorial btw!!! Only shame you did not continue to more advanced stuff - for example adding delta bars (which i personally love btw:) and describe stuff like "refreshdelay" etcs...:)

Btw i´ve progressed a little, tried deleting background - no help, but while i delete the tyre temps it goes fine.. Will have to live without it or find out the way how to put it on another page:)

Many thanks for info, tutorials and software anyway, it´s great!

Edit:
Maybe if you have some time can you help me with that some more?:) i do not want to bother you so i will understand if you don´t... Just if you want you can point me to right direction...

About the delta bar - i want to have exactly same like in assetto original - which shows delta only to actual session best. I found a parameter for diff seconds number which works great (PersistantTrackerPlugin.SessionBestLiveDeltaSeconds) but have problem with bar itself i´m using "PersistantTrackerPlugin.SessionBestLiveDeltaProgressSeconds" which seems to work fine, just kinda of "delayed" versus original AC one.. Is that correct parameter for that?

Would love to make rpm bar which changes the colors (for example first 70" yellow, 20" red, 10" blue) - i think i will connect 3 different bar objects, but how will i tell simhub what each to do? I mean what rpm percentage to show...

And last one for now:) Gear indicator changes colors - is that possible another way then using the "pictures" of gears?:)

Last edited:
Hello, how to make LEDs in ETS2 how to switch the key, the Led is on, and how to turn on the engine the Led goes out.?
I can't remember if the game give explicitly the status, usually to detect it I cheat by testing rpm = 0, to do this I would add a mapping in formula mode, make it the colour you want and in enabled put a formula to test if rpm is 0, in value simply put "1" it should be enough.

I can't remember if the game give explicitly the status, usually to detect it I cheat by testing rpm = 0, to do this I would add a mapping in formula mode, make it the colour you want and in enabled put a formula to test if rpm is 0, in value simply put "1" it should be enough.
It is in ETS2 this function. Will this formula work on one LED? How to put this formula?

Hey, I just updated from 6.2 to 6.3 latest, and my old custom dashes are not showing up anymore (the folders still exist) . Any ideas on how to restore them?

So Wotever what do you think where is problem ?
Hi ! I've inspected your pictures with lot of attention I couldn't see what was wrong (taken into account I can't see it in details) from my experiences these kind of problems have always been related to hardware problems, but I agree your hardware looks fine from what I can see. Maybe try to update your Arduino drivers (most arduino cheese copies have ch340g drivers) in simhub install folder (add-ons folder) there's the most recent driver I know for this device. Also check if you don't have any piece of wires touching the other pins, I see that your wires are really big for these kind of usage, it would be easy to have a strand of wire touching it's neighbours. I never removed myself the connector of tm1638 and I really don't know if damages could occur in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 2 10.5%