Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello..I’m having problems getting my 2.4 Nextion to work. I’ve managed to upload a dash, but I cannot get Sim Hub to recognize the nextion. I’ve gone through all the settings, watched YouTube videos but cannot get it to work! Also, when I I try to switch dashes, I get a baud rate error and nothing happens. On the TTl, the TX light flashes as it goes through the different baud rates, but that’s it.
Any ideas?

Hum, If you can't upload the dash it means something is wrong on the nextion/ttl side, did you swapped the TX and RX as in the doc ? https://github.com/zegreatclan/AssettoCorsaTools/wiki/Nextion-Display.
How have you uploaded your current template ? Using a micro SD or using the editor upload ?

Hello!
SimHub don´t start.
Here is my log:

[2018-02-26 19:54:23,977] FATAL - System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80071A91): La compatibilidad con transacciones dentro del administrador de recursos especificado no se inició o se cerró debido a un error. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80071A91)
at Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.V2Interop.ITaskFolder.RegisterTaskDefinition(String Path, ITaskDefinition pDefinition, Int32 flags, Object UserId, Object password, TaskLogonType LogonType, Object sddl)
at Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.TaskFolder.RegisterTaskDefinition(String path, TaskDefinition definition, TaskCreation createType, String userId, String password, TaskLogonType logonType, String sddl)
at Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.TaskFolder.RegisterTaskDefinition(String path, TaskDefinition definition)
at WoteverCommon.ElevatedRightsManager.Elevate()
at SimHubWPF.App.App_Startup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
[2018-02-26 19:54:23,977] ERROR - Unhandled dispatcher errorSystem.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80071A91): La compatibilidad con transacciones dentro del administrador de recursos especificado no se inició o se cerró debido a un error. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80071A91)
at Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.V2Interop.ITaskFolder.RegisterTaskDefinition(String Path, ITaskDefinition pDefinition, Int32 flags, Object UserId, Object password, TaskLogonType LogonType, Object sddl)
at Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.TaskFolder.RegisterTaskDefinition(String path, TaskDefinition definition, TaskCreation createType, String userId, String password, TaskLogonType logonType, String sddl)
at Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.TaskFolder.RegisterTaskDefinition(String path, TaskDefinition definition)
at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

How can I fix this?
Thanks.

Last edited:
I’m using the SimHub nextion editor. And yes. I have reversed the TX and RX on the TTL. Is there any other program or drivers I need to add? I see the adapter in device manager with no errors and assigned Com4.

Maybe this will help. The first time I connected the nextion it went through the firmware update and added the dash. After that it will not connect.

Hello!
SimHub don´t start.
Here is my log:

[2018-02-26 19:54:23,977] FATAL - System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80071A91): La compatibilidad con transacciones dentro del administrador de recursos especificado no se inició o se cerró debido a un error. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80071A91)
[2018-02-26 19:54:23,977] ERROR - Unhandled dispatcher errorSystem.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80071A91): La compatibilidad con transacciones dentro del administrador de recursos especificado no se inició o se cerró debido a un error. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80071A91)
at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

How can I fix this?
Thanks.
Hi ! It looks related to administrator rights registering, SimHub registers in a "silent" way for administrator rights, could you try to run simhub using right click/run as administrator, it will bypass this step since SimHub will already be running as admin. (Admin is mandatory for detecting properly games) Maybe your antivirus blocks Simhub too, i've already seen some aggressive antiviruses causing troubles.

I’m using the SimHub nextion editor. And yes. I have reversed the TX and RX on the TTL. Is there any other program or drivers I need to add? I see the adapter in device manager with no errors and assigned Com4.

Maybe this will help. The first time I connected the nextion it went through the firmware update and added the dash. After that it will not connect.
Hi again, the ttl is a kind if "bridge" so if you got it working once it means that your wiring was right and ready to work, from what you says it looks like the update kind of bricked it since it does not reply anymore to the editor, it never happened to me and from memory I've never seen it after two years,
But on itead website there is a process to recover the nextion when this happens (so i guess it sometimes happens): http://support.iteadstudio.com/support/discussions/topics/1000063885
Basically it's a template update using the micro-sd in order to get the firmware into order (If i've correctly understood the nextion template file you have to put on the sd-card also contains the firmware)

Hi ! It looks related to administrator rights registering, SimHub registers in a "silent" way for administrator rights, could you try to run simhub using right click/run as administrator, it will bypass this step since SimHub will already be running as admin. (Admin is mandatory for detecting properly games) Maybe your antivirus blocks Simhub too, i've already seen some aggressive antiviruses causing troubles.

Run as admin it´s the fisrt I have tried. I also tried disable UAC. Don´t work.
I tried move the entire folder to another partition an execute Simhub. Don´t work.
I have not antivirus, only windows defender.
Reinstalling Simhub doesn´t work either.

Run as admin it´s the fisrt I have tried. I also tried disable UAC. Don´t work.
I tried move the entire folder to another partition an execute Simhub. Don´t work.
I have not antivirus, only windows defender.
Reinstalling Simhub doesn´t work either.
Could you send me the full log file when running it as administrator ? It's available in the log folder inside simhub folder

Could you send me the full log file when running it as administrator ? It's available in the log folder inside simhub folder
I've made some additional search, it looks like something is broken in your windows install, I found this : https://ccmcache.wordpress.com/2014...rtaskdefinition-failed-with-error-0x80071a91/
And this : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...e/fba64f34-4c16-4551-82d7-f22169be0d97?auth=1
The second one has an official microsoft answer so It should be safe.

I've build you a version which will safely skip this step if it fails, but i'm not sure you won't encounter more problems after this one. Make sure to run Simhub as admin since simhub won't be able to do it by itself due to your problem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3nu6gppp0nyy3u/HubPackage.6.03.8_beta.zip?dl=0

Last version works!
Thank you very much!

This is the last log:
[2018-02-26 22:18:58,335] WARN - System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80071A91): La compatibilidad con transacciones dentro del administrador de recursos especificado no se inició o se cerró debido a un error. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80071A91)
[2018-02-26 22:19:00,316] INFO - Starting SimHub v6.3.8 (build time : 02/26/2018 21:07:50)
[2018-02-26 22:19:00,332] INFO - Administrator privileges : True
[2018-02-26 22:19:00,332] INFO - OS version : Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
[2018-02-26 22:19:00,332] INFO - Donator License status : Licensed
[2018-02-26 22:19:00,332] INFO - Process priority : Normal
[2018-02-26 22:19:14,650] INFO - (Re)Starting AssettoCorsa Game Manager and plugin manager
[2018-02-26 22:19:14,821] INFO - AC Manager started
[2018-02-26 22:19:16,608] INFO - Matrix custom font custommatrixfont8x8 loaded
[2018-02-26 22:19:19,138] INFO - Regenerating Web font-faces
[2018-02-26 22:19:29,758] INFO - USBD480 : Creating browser instance

Hi again, the ttl is a kind if "bridge" so if you got it working once it means that your wiring was right and ready to work, from what you says it looks like the update kind of bricked it since it does not reply anymore to the editor, it never happened to me and from memory I've never seen it after two years,
But on itead website there is a process to recover the nextion when this happens (so i guess it sometimes happens): http://support.iteadstudio.com/support/discussions/topics/1000063885
Basically it's a template update using the micro-sd in order to get the firmware into order (If i've correctly understood the nextion template file you have to put on the sd-card also contains the firmware)

I've managed to unbrick the nextion and am able to upload files to it. Unfortunately, SimHub does not recognize it and I cannot upload a tft file to it. Any other ideas?

I've managed to unbrick the nextion and am able to upload files to it. Unfortunately, SimHub does not recognize it and I cannot upload a tft file to it. Any other ideas?
Hi ! I'm sorry, I don't totally understand your answer, you are saying at the same time that you can upload and you can't. Could you clarify a bit ? :D Are you able to upload from the editor right now ?

Hi ! I'm sorry, I don't totally understand your answer, you are saying at the same time that you can upload and you can't. Could you clarify a bit ? :D Are you able to upload from the editor right now ?

I am able to upload the HMI file to the Nextion, and it will cycle through the pages as intended. The problem is that if try to upload the tft file, I get Nextion not found. SimHub does not recognize my device as well. All is well in Device Manager.
The model of my Nextion is NX3224T024_011

I am able to upload the HMI file to the Nextion, and it will cycle through the pages as intended. The problem is that if try to upload the tft file, I get Nextion not found. SimHub does not recognize my device as well. All is well in Device Manager.
The model of my Nextion is NX3224T024_011

I’m thinking my “bridge” isn’t correct. I’ve checked the specs and it down not mention anything about UART. I’m using DSD Tech USB to TTL Serial adapter. I’ve ordered another one that specifically mentions UART. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Hi there!
I've noticed that if i use SimHub for some time it starts to get "laggy", the experience is really good the first maybe 20 minutes but once you pass that 20 min barrier it starts to feel laggy.
Any tips?
Thanks in advance.

Any Nextion 5" Templates? Or info how to convert 4,3 to 5,0?:)
Many thanks!
Hi sadly i don't have any 5" templates that's why i suggest 4.3 and 2.8 devices which have a good number of templates.

You can retarget an existing template by using the "device" button in the toolbox :
upload_2018-3-1_10-53-33.png

Since the resolution is really far from the smaller nextions you will have to redesign/strech images in the templates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%