Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simhub actually "don't care" of the hardware connected only the number of outputs matter :D, just add more outputs in shakeit, basically 1 to 4 will be the shield, 5 to 6 will output to the l298
Hi Wotever.

testing now.

im not confident with this v2 shield, ive read the datasheet afew times, but am unsure
a) running two shields stacked, can i bridge the one I2C address pin??
will sim hub automatically pick up the 2 addressrs for the 2 shields?
{at the moment both shields are doing the same thing}.

Hi.
Is there any way to organize our dash collection by categories (GT3, Formulas, ..) for example?

I start to accumulate enough and it is a mess to have them all visible at once and mixed.
upload_2018-3-30_21-22-41.png

:whistling:;)

awesome that will help alot!!

are you still doing to work on the idea of defaulting a particular screen to a game?
eg, ETS2 i default to the scania screen
WRC& and dirt to the Polo R screen
AC & PC2 to the AMG GT3 screen?

just one default, we can still page thru the screens to the one we want.

at this point it time,
when changing games,
i have to open simhub. go to dash studio.
select the new screen i want to use in the next game, close the old games screen.
then start game ( i never use the auto game detect feature anymore)

Yes.

now ive bridged far right on 1st shield = 0x61
and second on second shield = 0x62 .

but... the L298 works, but motors on shield not, how does simhub learn the addresses

speaking of I2c.
can i add another type of I2c Devive on top of the shields? eg: I2C LCD, ssd1306 0,96 OLED, or I2C led driver?

karl

You followed the doc wrong :
  • Shield 1 : 0x60, Default address, no jumpers
  • Shield 2 : 0x61, Rightmost jumper closed

The addresses are hard coded as in the doc (board 1, 0x60 ....)
When you enable two board in the setup simhub declares two boards for 0x60 and 0x61

Adding an additionnal i2c display on the bus is definitely a bad idea, they are slow compared to what the motors needs for a quality effect.

You followed the doc wrong :

The addresses are hard coded as in the doc (board 1, 0x60 ....)
When you enable two board in the setup simhub declares two boards for 0x60 and 0x61

Adding an additionnal i2c display on the bus is definitely a bad idea, they are slow compared to what the motors needs for a quality effect.

Beautiful!!
They work like a dream now.
i wasnt sure how simhub picked up the addresses.
i played around,
i see address 0(no jumper) must be first on arduino.
Then address 1(rightmost jumper) on top of the first shield.
if you swop it arround, you start on output 5 and loose 4 outputs..

that said, i am very happy, got it working as i was planning it.

thank you master!!!
karl

Good morning, I'm using simkhub (paid version) a tacho and matrix7219, in turn I use x-sim for the cockpit movement, the problem is that it uses port 20777 same as simhub, I tried to change the port of simhub in 20780 but it does not work in DIRT2, I do not know exactly what part of code must be reformed in dirt2, in simhub I modified it by editing the addkey but I can not make it work, otherwise the matrix in dirt2 flashes all the time but in rfactor works perfectly, can you help me to make the cockpit and simhub work at the same time? Thanks

Good morning, I'm using simkhub (paid version) a tacho and matrix7219, in turn I use x-sim for the cockpit movement, the problem is that it uses port 20777 same as simhub, I tried to change the port of simhub in 20780 but it does not work in DIRT2, I do not know exactly what part of code must be reformed in dirt2, in simhub I modified it by editing the addkey but I can not make it work, otherwise the matrix in dirt2 flashes all the time but in rfactor works perfectly, can you help me to make the cockpit and simhub work at the same time? Thanks
Hi ! The port settings are available in the simhub settings now, you can customise easily each one, on the other end UDP can't be shared and I think dirt 2 does not offer multiple UDP targets support, so you can use the UDP relay plugin available in simhub (you can enable it in simhub settings, in the plugin there is an help embedded) to broadcast the data to both simhub and x-sim (but I think x-sim offers this possibility too, your choice :D) i didn't test dirt 2 for a long time , but could you try to switch simhub to dirt3 mode, actually I think it will work better. Im not home for the weekend let me know how it goes, I will be able to take a look on Tuesday.

Hi ! The port settings are available in the simhub settings now, you can customise easily each one, on the other end UDP can't be shared and I think dirt 2 does not offer multiple UDP targets support, so you can use the UDP relay plugin available in simhub (you can enable it in simhub settings, in the plugin there is an help embedded) to broadcast the data to both simhub and x-sim (but I think x-sim offers this possibility too, your choice :D) i didn't test dirt 2 for a long time , but could you try to switch simhub to dirt3 mode, actually I think it will work better. Im not home for the weekend let me know how it goes, I will be able to take a look on Tuesday.
Thank you for your quick response, I will do tests with dirt3 to see if I can make it work, I was testing the simhub with udp rele but I could not make it work both, I will look at the dirt3 option, I will comment how the tests have gone, thanks again

Beautiful!!
They work like a dream now.
i wasnt sure how simhub picked up the addresses.
i played around,
i see address 0(no jumper) must be first on arduino.
Then address 1(rightmost jumper) on top of the first shield.
if you swop it arround, you start on output 5 and loose 4 outputs..

that said, i am very happy, got it working as i was planning it.

thank you master!!!
karl
Bugger....

so yesterday, i was setting up and testing the V2 morot and L298 on my mega
(uno with v1 motor driver in use,)
so todfay do the lenghlty thing of swopping uno and mega.
uno now with 2x V2 motor driver and l298...
uploads fine(IDE and app)
but sim hub doesnt recognise it.

sim hub only recognises a blank sketch(no motors)

any idea??

Attachments

• SimHub Port 4 issues.log.txt
    117.3 KB · Views: 316
Bugger....

so yesterday, i was setting up and testing the V2 morot and L298 on my mega
(uno with v1 motor driver in use,)
so todfay do the lenghlty thing of swopping uno and mega.
uno now with 2x V2 motor driver and l298...
uploads fine(IDE and app)
but sim hub doesnt recognise it.

sim hub only recognises a blank sketch(no motors)

any idea??
I only see one reason, my best bet would be that you simply forgot to enable the motors during your last upload. The Arduino reports what is configured and currently it says that no motors are configured.
INFO - Found one device on COM8 named {
"ConnectedModel": "g",
"Features": "MLGNJP",
"ModulesCount": 0,
"SimpleModuleCount": 0,
"RGBLedsCount": 0,
"AdditionalButtonsCount": 7,
"CurrentBaudRate": 0,
"DeviceName": "ACHUB_LCD_I2C",
"GLCDCount": 0,
"OLEDCount": 0,
"MotorsCount": 0,
"PortName": "COM8",
"RefreshPerSecond": 0.0,
"RotaryEncodersCount": 0,
"IsLeonardo": false
}

I only see one reason, my best bet would be that you simply forgot to enable the motors during your last upload. The Arduino reports what is configured and currently it says that no motors are configured.
INFO - Found one device on COM8 named {
"ConnectedModel": "g",
"Features": "MLGNJP",
"ModulesCount": 0,
"SimpleModuleCount": 0,
"RGBLedsCount": 0,
"AdditionalButtonsCount": 7,
"CurrentBaudRate": 0,
"DeviceName": "ACHUB_LCD_I2C",
"GLCDCount": 0,
"OLEDCount": 0,
"MotorsCount": 0,
"PortName": "COM8",
"RefreshPerSecond": 0.0,
"RotaryEncodersCount": 0,
"IsLeonardo": false
}
No, port 8 is the LCD display.

port 4 is the problem.

i been uploading random selections to see is simhub picks it up.

im busy reinstalling simhub, them will test again

karl

port 4 is the problem.

karl
I couldn't see com

port 4 is the problem.

karl
I couldn't see any successful connection to com4 in the log, I see it tried other ports but with no response. If you are using multiple usb take care to use unique names and to make the multiple usb configuration match your actual HW. Also avoid configuring random HW not really plugged to the Arduino, actually it could break the Arduino startup and there are no chances that simhub would connect in this case.

I couldn't see com

I couldn't see any successful connection to com4 in the log, I see it tried other ports but with no response. If you are using multiple usb take care to use unique names and to make the multiple usb configuration match your actual HW. Also avoid configuring random HW not really plugged to the Arduino, actually it could break the Arduino startup and there are no chances that simhub would connect in this case.
ok, so reinstalled,

now youll see port 4 in the log.
simhub will not see it if motors are activated

karl

Attachments

• a SimHub v6.3.7..log.txt
    72.8 KB · Views: 308
  • b SimHub v6.3.7 hotfix sketch..log.txt
    47.8 KB · Views: 404
ok, so reinstalled,

now youll see port 4 in the log.
simhub will not see it if motors are activated

karl
Check your hardware, something has probably gone wrong when you have switched the arduinos, moreover you got it working on the other Arduino before so we know that software is working. Switching to Uno should not be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 428 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 267 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 126 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.2%
Back