Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check your hardware, something has probably gone wrong when you have switched the arduinos, moreover you got it working on the other Arduino before so we know that software is working. Switching to Uno should not be a problem.
not again??
ok, but ill do it again tomorrow my nerves are tired.

thank you

not again??
ok, but ill do it again tomorrow my nerves are tired.

thank you

You know playing with electronics requires lot of care. A short, a bad solder, a bad pin, an electronic discharge, a bad usb cable, a fried component, parasites, many many things can happen. All the time when the Arduino disconnects instantly like what you have, it comes from something like that. And since actually the only thing you changed is the hardware when it stopped working, chances are really huge that it comes from here .

You should test your board and Arduino using the adafruit shield samples : https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-motor-shield-v2-for-arduino/install-software#dc-motor

You know playing with electronics requires lot of care. A short, a bad solder, a bad pin, an electronic discharge, a bad usb cable, a fried component, parasites, many many things can happen. All the time when the Arduino disconnects instantly like what you have, it comes from something like that. And since actually the only thing you changed is the hardware when it stopped working, chances are really huge that it comes from here .

You should test your board and Arduino using the adafruit shield samples : https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-motor-shield-v2-for-arduino/install-software#dc-motor
yes, i know, i repair photocopiers.
thats why i dont understand what the issue is,
everything is neat tidy and clean, pinouts all going to screw connectors where the motors get attached.

tomorrow after a nice breakfast ill redo it all.
nothing i can do now, ive already cancelled all todays races because i couldnt get it going(hence the testing and setup on my mega,, so i could still race on the uno shake it)

lets hope tomorrow is better.
thanx for your help, you really do help alot,
still alot i dong know about arduinos, and youve helped there too.
thank you good man
Karl

rd.king said:
Hi Wotever
I use the MYTEC 127 dash it's got everything I need in a dash.
but the system info only show cpu usage and memory usage
nothing for the gpu.
when I look under available properties the app seems to be collecting the info.
how do you get it to display.

Hi ! Simhub is build around multiple plugins. in this dash I used the afterburner data to ensure a maximum compatibility, does afterburner is running ?

I now have afterburner installed and running but can't seem to get the GPU data to display

rd.king said:
Hi Wotever
I use the MYTEC 127 dash it's got everything I need in a dash.
but the system info only show cpu usage and memory usage
nothing for the gpu.
when I look under available properties the app seems to be collecting the info.
how do you get it to display.

I now have afterburner installed and running but can't seem to get the GPU data to display
Thanks for answer, where can I download that?

Good, after several tests I can not run dirt3 with x-sim and simhub at the same time, I do not know what part of the code to modify so that dirt 3 send data through 2 different ports, one for x-sim and another for simhub, here I attached the dirt3 file to see if anyone knows how to guide me, thanks

<? xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8"?>
<hardware_settings_config version = "56" deviceId = "">
<cpu>
<threadStrategy parallelUpdateRender = "false" workerMapFile = "system / workerMap.xml" forceFeedbackProcessor = "0" dvdStorageProcessor = "0" dataSetMonitorProcessor = "0" renderProcessor = "0" updateProcessor = "0" fileStreamProcessor = "0" />
</ cpu>
<audio_card>
<audio mixing = "rapture3D" />
</ audio_card>

<graphics_card>
<directx forcedx9 = "false" />
<stereo enabled = "false" separation = "0.015" convergence = "1.5" />
<resolution width = "800" height = "600" aspect = "normal" fullscreen = "true" vsync = "0" multisampling = "2xmsaa">
<refreshRate rate = "60" />
</ resolution>
<gamma level = "1.0" />
</ graphics_card>
<graphics_detail level = "medium" />
<shadows enabled = "true" size = "1024" maskQuality = "1" />
<particles enabled = "true" wind = "true" dynamicRes = "true" />
<crowd enabled = "true" />
<cloth enabled = "true" />
<postprocess quality = "1" />
<groundcover mode = "blended" clutter = "true" />
<objects lod = "1.0" maxlod = "0" />
<trees lod = "1.0" maxlod = "0" />
<vehicles characterQuality = "2" lodQuality = "2" />
<envmap faces = "6" size = "256" forceBilinear = "true" />
<water update = "true" detail = "1" />
<mirrors enabled = "true" forceBilinear = "true" width = "384" height = "128" car_maxlod = "3" car_culldist = "200.0" />
<skidmarks enabled = "false" />
<dynamic_ambient_occ enabled = "true" quality = "1" />
<night_lighting volumes = "true" lights = "0" shadows = "true" />
<physics environmentalDamage = "true" vehicleDamage = "true" />
<input device_type = "auto" />
<motion enabled = "true" ip = "127.0.0.1" port = "4123" delay = "1" extradata = "0" />
</ hardware_settings_config>

hello, I noticed that there is surely an error in the value of the oil pressure, I checked to be in bar, and it goes directly in the 300 bar ... that's a lot : - ).
I divided the value by 100, it seems to me correct ...

Last edited:
I am making a nextion lcd theme
Everything else seems to be working.
But only the gauge doesn't work.
Changing the vla value directly in the ini(DASH_UNIVERSAL.ini) to check if the coding is incorrect does not work.

I want to understand English though my English is not very good.

Attachments

• send.jpg
    send.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 196
I am making a nextion lcd theme
Everything else seems to be working.
But only the gauge doesn't work.
Changing the vla value directly in the ini(DASH_UNIVERSAL.ini) to check if the coding is incorrect does not work.

I want to understand English though my English is not very good.
Hi ! I see you are not using the simhub version of the nextion editor so you miss critical functions to get it correctly working, I would suggest you to take a few minutes to browse this tutorial where all the basics are covered : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGpxzBy8qCmy16a4o2rCzTUnUxoqRAOZE

Last edited:
hello, I noticed that there is surely an error in the value of the oil pressure, I checked to be in bar, and it goes directly in the 300 bar ... that's a lot : - ).
I divided the value by 100, it seems to me correct ...
For which game ? Usually you ask for AC :D but AC does not gives that data

I'm currently using a 5" screen with Simhub, but I'm considering installing something more simple and retro, just for rallying, with only gear indicator. Once I had a Gi Max and it was very cool, but I sold it because the blinking gear indicating max revs didn't work with some of my games. You told me SimHub doesn't currently work with Gi Max, but is there any other way I could buy or build a gear indicator (not lcd, but like the Gi Max) and make it work with Simhub?

I'm currently using a 5" screen with Simhub, but I'm considering installing something more simple and retro, just for rallying, with only gear indicator. Once I had a Gi Max and it was very cool, but I sold it because the blinking gear indicating max revs didn't work with some of my games. You told me SimHub doesn't currently work with Gi Max, but is there any other way I could buy or build a gear indicator (not lcd, but like the Gi Max) and make it work with Simhub?
There is a way ;) but I never did it myself, so I can't assure it will work trouble free : http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.121578/page-151#post-2716446

Hellooooo again

ive taken your advice and thrown away the uno,
i think its bootloader is corrupt.
set it up on its own, changed from blink pin13 to blink pin10 sketches,
1 out of 10 times i got a loading error(same test sketch i always use)
so im ordering another.

hooked up my Mega to simhub so i can race,
now im bothered by a humm/whine from the fan(12v) and motors(5v)(each has own power cable and earth/common)
never done it with ver1 shields.(it did do it when setting up on the mega the other night but was stressing over other things)

the display sketch you posted for another user and humming doesnt allow the V2 and l298.

please could you merge the two sketches greatness and stop the humming and allow L298 usage?/

Many thanks

Karl
(ill try not to bother ypu for the week :) )

Hellooooo again

ive taken your advice and thrown away the uno,
i think its bootloader is corrupt.
set it up on its own, changed from blink pin13 to blink pin10 sketches,
1 out of 10 times i got a loading error(same test sketch i always use)
so im ordering another.

hooked up my Mega to simhub so i can race,
now im bothered by a humm/whine from the fan(12v) and motors(5v)(each has own power cable and earth/common)
never done it with ver1 shields.(it did do it when setting up on the mega the other night but was stressing over other things)

the display sketch you posted for another user and humming doesnt allow the V2 and l298.

please could you merge the two sketches greatness and stop the humming and allow L298 usage?/

Many thanks

Karl
(ill try not to bother ypu for the week :) )
The anti humming was working only on v1, but it was actually what was stealing most of the power with this board, the version I gave made it optional for V1 boards, but I this trick can't be done with v2 at all. I know it can be reduced using small capacitors, but I never tried myself (I always wear my headset :D) here a quick find about this solution : http://www.pololu.com/docs/0J15/9

Hello,
I've sucessfully launched the shakeit mod on dirt rally. GREAT PROJECT!!!
Can you guys recommend settings for 2 motors (gas pedal and brake) and dirt rally? (please send a screenshot or upload your settings)

I'm having a difficult time calibrating the motors, everything feels off. Thanks in advance

Good, after several tests I can not run dirt3 with x-sim and simhub at the same time, I do not know what part of the code to modify so that dirt 3 send data through 2 different ports, one for x-sim and another for simhub, here I attached the dirt3 file to see if anyone knows how to guide me, thanks

<? xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8"?>
<hardware_settings_config version = "56" deviceId = "">
<cpu>
<threadStrategy parallelUpdateRender = "false" workerMapFile = "system / workerMap.xml" forceFeedbackProcessor = "0" dvdStorageProcessor = "0" dataSetMonitorProcessor = "0" renderProcessor = "0" updateProcessor = "0" fileStreamProcessor = "0" />
</ cpu>
<audio_card>
<audio mixing = "rapture3D" />
</ audio_card>

<graphics_card>
<directx forcedx9 = "false" />
<stereo enabled = "false" separation = "0.015" convergence = "1.5" />
<resolution width = "800" height = "600" aspect = "normal" fullscreen = "true" vsync = "0" multisampling = "2xmsaa">
<refreshRate rate = "60" />
</ resolution>
<gamma level = "1.0" />
</ graphics_card>
<graphics_detail level = "medium" />
<shadows enabled = "true" size = "1024" maskQuality = "1" />
<particles enabled = "true" wind = "true" dynamicRes = "true" />
<crowd enabled = "true" />
<cloth enabled = "true" />
<postprocess quality = "1" />
<groundcover mode = "blended" clutter = "true" />
<objects lod = "1.0" maxlod = "0" />
<trees lod = "1.0" maxlod = "0" />
<vehicles characterQuality = "2" lodQuality = "2" />
<envmap faces = "6" size = "256" forceBilinear = "true" />
<water update = "true" detail = "1" />
<mirrors enabled = "true" forceBilinear = "true" width = "384" height = "128" car_maxlod = "3" car_culldist = "200.0" />
<skidmarks enabled = "false" />
<dynamic_ambient_occ enabled = "true" quality = "1" />
<night_lighting volumes = "true" lights = "0" shadows = "true" />
<physics environmentalDamage = "true" vehicleDamage = "true" />
<input device_type = "auto" />
<motion enabled = "true" ip = "127.0.0.1" port = "4123" delay = "1" extradata = "0" />
</ hardware_settings_config>
Can someone help me please?

Can someone help me please?

Hi ! dirt 2 doesn't allow multiple UDP port, you need to use the UDP relay plugin.

- In dirt 2, configure port 20777 :
<motion enabled = "true" ip = "127.0.0.1" port = "20777" delay = "1" extradata = "0" />

- In simhub settings / games : configure 20778
upload_2018-4-3_9-37-46.png

- In x-sim : configure 20779 (I don't own this one so i don't know how it can be configured)

- In UDP relay plugin configure as follow and click apply :
upload_2018-4-3_9-38-50.png

Configured like this dirt 2 will send to 20777 - the relay plugin receives it and send it to 20778 for simhub itself and 20779 for xsim

For the blinking in dirt 2 i've took a look, the game revs damn high comparing to other games : you can change the trigger in the car settings put 95 or higher in redline :
upload_2018-4-3_9-40-0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%