Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be great if the Arduino Leds configuration could automatically be selected based on which car you are driving, rather than their order in Simhub.
Yeah indeed I tearea need to add this, however it won't be universal, I have many game which does not gives the car model, that's a reason why I retained myself until now

I've been working on a dash in dash studio for the porsche RSR in iracing. One of the fields displayed is fuel delta. I had to learn a little Javascript, but it seems pretty inefficient and I was wondering if anyone could help clean it up before I post the dash for all to use.

var str = $prop('DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.SessionData.Raw');
var e = str.match(/FuelUseTargetSetting.*/gi);
var d = e[0];
var f = d.match(/\d.\d\d/gi);
var g = f[0].toString();
var targetFuel = Number(g) * 0.264172;
var lastLapFuel = $prop('DataCorePlugin.Computed.Fuel_LastLapConsumption');
var target = (targetFuel - lastLapFuel);
return target;

hi Wotever!
i'm finally trying to do my custom formula dashboard, and everything seems working fine except widgets: i create my personal widgets from scratch, then i added them into the main dash, assigned action button ( A/B/C or D ), and if i get them visible in dash studio it's ok. But when in game in assetto corsa, nothing happens when pushing the assigned buttons. What am i doing wrong?
Thanks.

hi Wotever!
i'm finally trying to do my custom formula dashboard, and everything seems working fine except widgets: i create my personal widgets from scratch, then i added them into the main dash, assigned action button ( A/B/C or D ), and if i get them visible in dash studio it's ok. But when in game in assetto corsa, nothing happens when pushing the assigned buttons. What am i doing wrong?
Thanks.
I just tested and everything went fine, so the engine seems to work correctly overall.
Did you assign properly pages roles ? otherwise simhub will get stuck on first page of the widget :
upload_2018-8-28_21-43-21.png

In theory defaults should be both in game and idle, but that's the best explanation I see right now. If i'm wrong could you send me the dash (in private if you prefer ;) ) Also could you give a test to the "controlcenter" dash as it uses widgets too to check if it works correctly.

I just tested and everything went fine, so the engine seems to work correctly overall.
Did you assign properly pages roles ? otherwise simhub will get stuck on first page of the widget : View attachment 266952
In theory defaults should be both in game and idle, but that's the best explanation I see right now. If i'm wrong could you send me the dash (in private if you prefer ;) ) Also could you give a test to the "controlcenter" dash as it uses widgets too to check if it works correctly.

Yes, i also use the mercedes dash and it's awesome, all widget are correctly working there, so should be something wrong in my setup. i send you the dash via pm, if you could take a look to it

anotehr question for you and for the community: about ERS strategy map, is it possible to have all the strategies with a different pop-up and then with a different color? ( example Hotlap map with a red pop-up, charging map with a green pop-up ). I tried to give separate commands for each strategy and different background's color for each one, but seems not working. But i'm afraid that this is not possible

Single leds are not supported directly to simhub, you can use a single ws2812b RGB led like this : https://www.amazon.com/ALITOVE-100pcs-WS2812B-Addressable-Module/dp/B00P2GQUYC

To detect engine stall I personally use a simple formula (you can use formulas in the SimHub leds mappings):
if([DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.Rpms] ==0 ,1,0)
This tells to output "1" when the engine rpm is equals to 0

Then to use it on leds :
View attachment 228932

I'm trying this for nearly 1 hour now, but I can't figure out how to get the LED to work when parking brake is enabled in ETS2
I've connected 1 WS2812b RBG which you quoted to an arduino nano.
I've used the arduino setup tool and told it that 1 LED is connected and to use pin4.
My settings are just as you show in the picture exept that my codeline is: if([DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.Drivetrain.ParkingBrake] ==true,1,0)

parking brake.PNG

Maybe you can tell me what I do wrong.

so long

I'm trying this for nearly 1 hour now, but I can't figure out how to get the LED to work when parking brake is enabled in ETS2
I've connected 1 WS2812b RBG which you quoted to an arduino nano.
I've used the arduino setup tool and told it that 1 LED is connected and to use pin4.
My settings are just as you show in the picture exept that my codeline is: if([DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.Drivetrain.ParkingBrake] ==true,1,0)

View attachment 266964
Maybe you can tell me what I do wrong.

so long
Hi ! Just tested the exact same mapping with ets2, it works as expected, my best bet is that it's the led itself which is not working for a reason
Here a couple of verification :
- Make sure to select "single arduino" mode in arduino settings, it will avoid most troubles due to misconfiguration.
- Make sure the led is plugged in the correct direction "DIN" or "DI" it depends how its labelled goes to the arduino (do not use do or dout),
- Check your wiring for shorts, bad solders etc .... I can't count how many times it happens .... really ;)
- Check that everything is correctly detected in simhub : you will see "1" rgb led in detected hardware :
upload_2018-8-28_23-3-12.png

- Make sure the mapping you are using is the first "ingame" mapping (you can see whcih mapiing is currently in use by the little green indicator (when you swith yo have a few seconds to see it before simhub sees the game as disconnected :
upload_2018-8-28_23-6-21.png

Let me know how it goes ;)

Hi again Wotever, I now have a problem with an Arduino Nano and TM1638 Module that I have just built. In the My Hardware section, Simhub is not holding a connection to the device. The software seems to upload to the Arduino fine, and the settings (which Nano pins are connected to which TM1638 pins) appear to be correct.
Every 5 seconds when Simhub connects to the device, the TM1638 display will quickly flash, and it disconnects straight away. The information on the 7 segment LEDs appears to be correct in that moment (e.g. gear, speed, etc.)
I managed to have it hold the connection once, but at that time the information appeared frozen.
I was wondering if you have any suggestions for what I should try or check. I have tried the following:
-uploading DisplayClientV2 software using Arduino IDE after clicking the button in Simhub (software upload via Simhub or IDE is always successful)
-changing USB ports
-direct USB connection to motherboard
-unplugging and plugging USB back in again
-pressing reset button on Nano
-disconnecting my Shakeit set up
-updating the CH340 driver
-restarting the computer
-re-soldering all wires
-checking Simhub settings (although I’m not sure if I’m missing a step)
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 485 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 298 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 321 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 149 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 191 27.2%
Back