Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it possible to map "ABS activated" data to a vibration motor? I plan to add a vibration motor to the brake pedal so that I can feel it when the ABS is activated. Possible?
Thanks
Not yet, but on the new incoming version you can build custom effects and I have more flexibility about adding more effects with good support through UI about supported/not supported effects ...which were not possible yet, so yes in the future it will probably come (however such data is only found in pcars games, all others games reports if it's enabled, not active, which makes it impossible to add)

I'm sure this is about as straight forward an ncalc question could ever be, and I'm sure it's been answered heaps, but I'm struggling to search this thread.

I'm using the Nextion mapping editor, and I have a text control which is defined with the predefined role of "Live delta (vs session best)"

I'd like to be able to change the colour of the font based on the value of the lap delta. So if it's a negative number I'd like it to be green, otherwise red.

Any pointers? Happy to be sent to a page that explains this stuff but I'm struggling to find one that deals with text formatting.

Thanks
Hi , you need to click on "font color"
upload_2019-6-12_19-41-30.png

Then select "computed color",

Set the property to use, and the "bound" colors, here negative is green, positive red, and "0" black to fall on a neutral color.
upload_2019-6-12_19-40-32.png

Yes. I have to edit the pin or others things?
Actually you have to replace everything, the library, the initialization code, etc ... definitely not straight forward but possible, but since it's not supported and I don't have one under hand, I really can't tell which prerequisites requires the non i2c version or how close the libraries are (in term of code), trial and error method will be your friend ;)

Great. Thanks

Sorry for all the questions.... I've just added a TM1638 with a Nano and seems to be working, but I have the following question:
1) can I rotate the unit / display 180 degree? (I would like the LED to be on the top, and the digital screen on the bottom)

Thanks.
Hi ! Yes you can easily here, it's "one click away" :D :
upload_2019-6-12_19-47-24.png

25khz is not possible to achieve "natively" on arduino, I'm working on PWM fan support which requires such signal and I've been able to generate it, since the boards mostly requires a permanent enable (they only goes in one direction, it will be possible to wire this pin on permanent +5v and use this new pwm fan output to get a 25khz signal.
Using the cables of a motor of my motion does not make that noise, it works with arduino and ibt2, I use simtools and smc3 in the arduino.
Your solution will be used with the ibt2? My engines need bridge h, I have a motomonster that I have not checked yet, could I use it next to a l298n (only one output)?

Using the cables of a motor of my motion does not make that noise, it works with arduino and ibt2, I use simtools and smc3 in the arduino.
Your solution will be used with the ibt2? My engines need bridge h, I have a motomonster that I have not checked yet, could I use it next to a l298n (only one output)?
Technically it will be simply two pwm outputs running at 25khz, it's just not capable of reversing as the code is just intended for pwm fan, but it should do the trick on your ibt2. You can also give a try to the monster motoshield code with your ibt2, it contains some possibilities to change the frequency too in the shmotomonster file, technically, l298n, motomoster, dk motor shield are all HBridge like, In simhub I've just added dedicted code for all of them (with hardcoded pins for shields) but they all work the same in the end (en ... pwm ..)
upload_2019-6-12_21-8-12.png

Technically it will be simply two pwm outputs running at 25khz, it's just not capable of reversing as the code is just intended for pwm fan, but it should do the trick on your ibt2. You can also give a try to the monster motoshield code with your ibt2, it contains some possibilities to change the frequency too in the shmotomonster file, technically, l298n, motomoster, dk motor shield are all HBridge like, In simhub I've just added dedicted code for all of them (with hardcoded pins for shields) but they all work the same in the end (en ... pwm ..)
View attachment 310202
In this version of simhub can I use the pwm fan with my ibt2?

Actually you have to replace everything, the library, the initialization code, etc ... definitely not straight forward but possible, but since it's not supported and I don't have one under hand, I really can't tell which prerequisites requires the non i2c version or how close the libraries are (in term of code), trial and error method will be your friend ;)

Ok thank you dude ;) ;) ;)

I think I have found out about the root causes of my little pucks issue so it was more HW and positioning related than anything else

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...hardware-software.137631/page-65#post-2988278

but I have a feature I never managed to get working in SIMHUB shakeit v3, thats the Audio DSP
upload_2019-6-13_12-56-6.png

I am using VMB to prevent the Game audio (high) frequencies output from the bass shakers so they will only output below say 80-100hz from game and telemetry

The low pass filter in Simhub could theoretically do the same bur whatever I try with cut-off frequency, the effects frequency range in Simhub or audio settings in Windows, it is still outputting the full game audio through the pucks

anybody here managed to get that working on their rig?

I think I have found out about the root causes of my little pucks issue so it was more HW and positioning related than anything else

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...hardware-software.137631/page-65#post-2988278

but I have a feature I never managed to get working in SIMHUB shakeit v3, thats the Audio DSP
View attachment 310340

I am using VMB to prevent the Game audio (high) frequencies output from the bass shakers so they will only output below say 80-100hz from game and telemetry

The low pass filter in Simhub could theoretically do the same bur whatever I try with cut-off frequency, the effects frequency range in Simhub or audio settings in Windows, it is still outputting the full game audio through the pucks

anybody here managed to get that working on their rig?
Hi ! This filter is only on simhub output I'm afraid, it allows to constraints effects in a frequency range. It may look useless at first sight, as generated frequencies are already bound by effects settings, but when you combine everything with gain changes and dynamic frequency changes, the sum of everything can generate frequencies outside of the range, and so, this allows to filter the final output is shakeit (if required obviously).

that was a quick reply. yes I am aware of how cross over frequencies would lead to unwanted output

what I am trying to achieve with my set up is having the Game audio only to my TV through HDMI and tactile effects only through telemetry (frequencies below 100Hz) via the shakers.

To achieve that I am sending HDMI audio input and telemetry audio to VMB as virtual inputs and use the EQ on the HW output that is the amp driving the shakers so I dont hear the Game audio through them but only feel the effects as I am setting them in Simhub
And it works fine but slightly a pain to set every time

if I could achieve that with your fantastic software only, I would be even happier

upload_2019-6-13_13-20-50.png

upload_2019-6-13_13-21-28.png

Last edited:
I have a problem with SimHub and Dirt Rally 1: sometimes the dashboard display doesn't switch from the idle screen to the in-game screen. I don't experience this with Assetto Corsa (it always works). With Dirt Rally it also works, but only if I launch the game first and no other game before. If I load Assetto Corsa, before Dirt Rally, in the game I will be in front of the idle screen all the time. Even restarting SimHub is not a solution. I have to close my Windows session and start SimHub and then load Dirt Rally. I have also noticed that, when the in-game screen is working in Dirt Rally, if I press alt tab or ctrl-esc to access my desktoo, when I return to the game the in-game screen doesn't work. Any idea what's the problem?

I'm wondering if there is a way to use the telemetry to trigger automatic car setting changes. For example in Assetto Corsa Competizione I want to use a lower traction control setting at low speed but higher setting in high speed turns. Currently I use buttons on the wheel and manually change this setting several times during a lap but it would be great if SimHub can do this?

I have a problem with SimHub and Dirt Rally 1: sometimes the dashboard display doesn't switch from the idle screen to the in-game screen. I don't experience this with Assetto Corsa (it always works). With Dirt Rally it also works, but only if I launch the game first and no other game before. If I load Assetto Corsa, before Dirt Rally, in the game I will be in front of the idle screen all the time. Even restarting SimHub is not a solution. I have to close my Windows session and start SimHub and then load Dirt Rally. I have also noticed that, when the in-game screen is working in Dirt Rally, if I press alt tab or ctrl-esc to access my desktoo, when I return to the game the in-game screen doesn't work. Any idea what's the problem?
hi ! Could you send me the log files after this happens so I can take a look. I've already seen a similar effect when using e-gpu (motherboard output) it seems to be bound to intel graphics "drivers" freezing output when simhub is spread accross multiple gpu (main window on your main monitor and dash on the the e-gpu), in this case simply reducing the main simhub window in tray is enough as a workaround. So simhub is only workingon a single GPU

I'm wondering if there is a way to use the telemetry to trigger automatic car setting changes. For example in Assetto Corsa Competizione I want to use a lower traction control setting at low speed but higher setting in high speed turns. Currently I use buttons on the wheel and manually change this setting several times during a lap but it would be great if SimHub can do this?
Hi ! This is not possible out of box. We had lot of discussions about such behaviours on the discord, but this leads to lot of complexity about configuration (there is no direct access to send actions to games, only inputs) and would be quite unreliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • Yearly

Votes: 30 6.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%