Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have that same wheel (T300 Alcantara) and I've been exploring that solution. It can be done easily. The problem is that the space between the base and the wheel is not much and the monitor can obstruct your enthusiastic driving sometimes. Actually I have removed the flappy paddles on my unit just to have more free room there. In real racing cars the dash display is much further away from the steering wheel. The solution would be some way to add extra distance. I think the only available option for that is a quick release + adaptor. Is there any of these on the market that is not terribly expensive and that is easy to install, not requiring electronic abilities and dissasenbling all the wheel? It seems that the quick releases available are made for installing real steering wheels but not for the Thurstmaster wheels. I don't know if I could just add some spacers on the 3 attachments... Finally, another option is to place the screen on the side of the side of the wheel, on a desk mount or something like that. Some real rally drivers have it that way. However, I guess it would not be too practical because it would be a bit out of your sight line.

Testing a possible prototype:
t300-display-test.jpg

Maybe you can try to put the screen behind the panel, this will give you more room for your hands.
I will receive mine this week and I will try to do something like you did for testing.

Hey Wotever, thanks for the ETS2 funbit plugin, love it! We lost the OnJob raw property, but gained all time properties, and electric enabled is now working... I see you didn't put in all funbit's documented properties but it's fine as is. Thanks again!

Hey Wotever, thanks for the ETS2 funbit plugin, love it! We lost the OnJob raw property, but gained all time properties, and electric enabled is now working... I see you didn't put in all funbit's documented properties but it's fine as is. Thanks again!

Technically they are all here, but I may have missed some, it was a huge task :D , in fact I retrofitted all the funbit data in the old structure to avoid renaming (and so kill all the existing dash) , and added all the new properties. If you have seen some missing properties I would be happy to add them ;)

Edit : Indeed "OnJob" died on the operation table :D

Maybe you can try to put the screen behind the panel, this will give you more room for your hands.
I will receive mine this week and I will try to do something like you did for testing.

Yes, it will look better too. However, you have to take into account the thickness of the monitor itself. Otherwise, the back of it will collide with the base front. I think the best idea to save space is to use a thicker piece of PVC or wood and use a milling machine to cut the hole for the monitor and make the material thiner on the surroundings so that the monitor body fits totally or partially inside the PVC. Sorry, it's hard to explain in English for me.

Yes, it will look better too. However, you have to take into account the thickness of the monitor itself. Otherwise, the back of it will collide with the base front. I think the best idea to save space is to use a thicker piece of PVC or wood and use a milling machine to cut the hole for the monitor and make the material thiner on the surroundings so that the monitor body fits totally or partially inside the PVC. Sorry, it's hard to explain in English for me.

Don't worry, English is not my mother tongue either. Not a bad idea.

PD: yo tampoco soy inglés, no te preocupes jeje. No es mala idea el rebajar el material para que la pantalla se acomode más adentro, si te he entendido bien. Lo del separador del volante que te han dicho en 900grados tampoco es mala idea, aunque no sé si puede influir en el par que aplicas al eje y que pueda afectar para mal.

Hi Wotever,
a quick question for you please... I'm playing with Arduino + TM1638, and building Screen + Led layout that goes together. If I want to cycle screens I can map joystick button to NextScreen, I want the Led layout to change at the same time, the only way I found was to create a new mapping with same button to trigger NextLedLayout. Is that the best way? Sometimes I noticed the screen changes but not the led layout (as if one trigger is "lost") so it kind of goes out of sync so to say... any better advice please?

Thanks again for the funbit plugin... you mentioned you wanted to add more properties, can I suggest the lightsDashboardOn? (we have the value but not the status)

Hi Wotever,
a quick question for you please... I'm playing with Arduino + TM1638, and building Screen + Led layout that goes together. If I want to cycle screens I can map joystick button to NextScreen, I want the Led layout to change at the same time, the only way I found was to create a new mapping with same button to trigger NextLedLayout. Is that the best way? Sometimes I noticed the screen changes but not the led layout (as if one trigger is "lost") so it kind of goes out of sync so to say... any better advice please?

Thanks again for the funbit plugin... you mentioned you wanted to add more properties, can I suggest the lightsDashboardOn? (we have the value but not the status)

Indeed there is no other ways for now.
I've looked to the code, And i would think that it could happen on the "loop" time when you go from the last to the first. I will look to make it more previsible, but I can't assure that it will keep in sync, it was not really designed for that :D, both leds and displays live separately :D

LightsDashboardOn added for next release ;)

No plans to add a combined action such as NextScreenAndNextLedLayout ? :)
Since TM1638 has both I tend as a basic user to combine their use...
I think i could have a solution, but not in this exact form, i would more like to associate a led layout to a screen, so when the screen is active and require a specific led layout it's the one who is displayed instead of the current "cycle position", if no led layout is forced for a screen it will go back to the actual working mode.
What do you think about it ?

I think i could have a solution, but not in this exact form, i would more like to associate a led layout to a screen, so when the screen is active and require a specific led layout it's the one who is displayed instead of the current "cycle position", if no led layout is forced for a screen it will go back to the actual working mode.
What do you think about it ?

Hey that is exactly what I need! Thank you so much in advance if you can do it!

One question about format:
How can I make my gear text not use N and R for neutral and reverse but n and r? (caps look wrong with the font I'm using in one of my layouts)

One question about format:
How can I make my gear text not use N and R for neutral and reverse but n and r? (caps look wrong with the font I'm using in one of my layouts)
If you are using a custom textitem you can use the lcase function to lower case the gear, on the built it component it's not possible since you don't manage the text.

Hi Wotever,

thanks ofr your great work. Switching too the funbit telemetry for ETS2 is a great step.

But I miss a property.

In the old version there was a property called
[DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.Drivetrain.FuelRange]

In the new version there is no such property. Maybe an other property?

Greets Torkelino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%