DriftMode - Competition drift gamemode

Misc DriftMode - Competition drift gamemode 2.6.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
MrBrew submitted a new resource:

DriftMode - Competition drift gamemode - Scoring system for drift runs.

This was supposed to be a weekend project and a week later here we are.

The idea for this mod was born when I wanted to compare my drift run to my friends' and the built-in Assetto Corsa drift mode is just not cutting it.

The mod scores your runs basing on predefined zones and clipping points put on track. There is an integrated in-game track configuration editor.

So far the mod is pretty bare-bones and just an hour ago it crossed the magical minimum viable product threshold. There are...

Read more about this resource...

MrBrew updated DriftMode - Competition drift gamemode with a new update entry:

DriftMode v1.0.2

Bugfixing release maily for setting up zones and score calculation. Also, uploaded some graphic designs.

## Bugfixes
- Hotfix for hotfix 1.0.1 where I literally missed a line to delete
- Fixed cross section calculation needed for scoring in concave zones. It's still not ideal, but much better.
- Removed AW939 metions in manifests files, which I took as template for this project. Sorry!

**Full Changelog**: https://github.com/Brewsk11/ac-drift-mode/compare/1.0.1...1.0.2

Read the rest of this update entry...

Si tiene algún tipo de problema, infórmenos en inglés y me aseguraré de solucionarlo en la próxima versión.

If you have some kind of a problem please report it in English and I'll make sure to have it fixed in the next release.

Sorry for the language, the auto translator of the pages translated the message for me xD but the problem I have no idea what it will be, instead of drift mode I only have the remaining 3, I sense that the problem is due to some option on my Corsa asetto, I am new and I am learning little by little calmly, but I congratulate you, I bought a dd just for the drift and this seemed incredible to me, from someone ignorant like me, it is truly crazy.

Please make sure you have installed Content Manager and Custom Shaders Patch first. It's needed, but I didn't mention it in the instructions since having both is defacto essential for playing Assetto Corsa. If you're new you'll want to have CM and CSP installed asap :)

Please make sure you have installed Content Manager and Custom Shaders Patch first. It's needed, but I didn't mention it in the instructions since having both is defacto essential for playing Assetto Corsa. If you're new you'll want to have CM and CSP installed asap :)
yes I have all that but I don't get the drift option, I don't know what it is but it's not something as simple as that, I thank you anyway, I feel like I don't know enough to give more information but you know asetto has so many shits to configure It's easy to get frustrated so I imagine that I have to change something in my configuration because I have seen the mod installed and in fact I have the new mode in the csp, but the drift option does not appear to later get into practice and start configuring the mod Thank you again, if it works for the rest it will have to work for me, that motivates me

have the new mode in the csp, but the drift option does not appear
I'm assuming you found the "New modes" menu but you don't have "Drift mode" or "Drift mode - setup" in the dropdown menu, correct? Then, the mod is most likely incorrectly installed. You have to copy contents of ac_gamedir to the game installation directory (so, for example, ac_gamedir/apps will merge with assettocorsa/apps).
Can you confirm you have assettocorsa/extension/lua/new-modes/drift-mode and drift-mode-setup directories? (and thus had installed correctly)

DriftMode v2.0.0

Major release mainly because of the underlying framework changes which comparing to 1.1.0 revamped the approach as I'm learning more Lua.
Note: previous track configs won't work.

Gameplay features
- Unified setup and play mode into one
- Redid the app UI
- Improved the score UI with a score per zone display
- Multiple configs per track support
- Revamped the scoring system, a maximum score is now fixed per zone and you can score a part of it depending on drift quality...

DriftMode v2.1.0 - Teleportation!

Teleport back to start after finishing the course.

Features
- Starting point/start/finish lines creation from the app
- Crossing start line resets the scores
- Crossing finish line teleports to the starting point
- Track patching system to enable extended physics needed for teleportation
- Scoring system improvements
- Zone score is now also dependent on how long you've driven it length-wise
- This will prevent high scores when only touching it for a moment with high...

DriftMode v2.2.0 - Clippin points!

A lot of new features and improvements!

New features
- Clipping points support, at last!
- Scoring clips, and now also in zones, recognizes which side you're facing, thus scoring the appropriate bumper point; remember to correctly setup the car through control panel app!
- UI elements are now regular apps that can be moved around or hidden instead of drawn directly on screen
- Max/min speed and angle are now defined per course; for now there's no UI to set them, but you can...

DriftMode v2.2.1 - Courses and bugfixes

Some bugfixes and courses update.

Changes​

• Redid "Short loop" course for Kunos Drift track.
  • Added "The Donut" course for Kunos Drift track.
  • Fix for tracks with multiple layouts. Thanks @Tzenamo for the bug report!
  • Clip default max points lowered to 1000. I feel a more sensible default.
  • Fix for when teleporting to start point from finish line, start line could be triggered.
  • Manually resetarting a run does...

Hi @ONExHIT , Content Manager and CSP are required, the setting is here:

1683414748258.png

If you have the new pre-release Content Manager and CSP 0.1.80p218 the "New Modes" menu moved to the drive tab. Please refer to resources online where to find it in the new version.

View attachment 661478

If you have the new pre-release Content Manager and CSP 0.1.80p218 the "New Modes" menu moved to the drive tab. Please refer to resources online where to find it in the new version.

View attachment 661478

None of these options work I’m unable to place the markers like you did in that video I’ve tried restarting a reinstalling nothing maybe im missing something but I c get it to work

Attachments

• IMG_0694.jpeg
    IMG_0694.jpeg
    963.8 KB · Views: 28
It's not very clearly stated, but all markers are placed with the "S" key. Instructions are shown on the "Scores" app when you enable track or car configuration.
Try that, if that doesn't work, if you could post a short video showing the problem it will be helpful.

Last edited:

DriftMode v2.2.2 - Zone outside buffer

Zone outside buffer and other minor improvements.

Changes​

• Running wide in the zone will continue scoring at 0 multiplier as long as rear bumper's center is in the zone; this small buffer keeps the zone active, so the car can be adjusted back into it instead of closing the zone after stepping out.
View attachment 662015
  • Start/finish lines are triggered with front bumper instead of car's origin (car's center).
  • Last...

Hi. Im running lates previews of CSP and CM off there Patrion. I see absolutely no new modes tab in my csp setting. if i open the drift mode apps in game 1 opens 2 don't and nothing gets displayed. Any help would be great thank you.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 483 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 295 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 319 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 148 21.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.3%
Back