Cars DRM Revival [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also not helpful whatsoever to have someone literally spend 3 laps with a car and say it is the best car ever made for sim racing. So, surely you will decry comments like that too, right? ;)

I will decry those comments if they don't refer to specific car and track combo. Yesterday I have spent about 7-10 laps at Nurburgring with almost every car. Started with a warm up lap, then a rather quick lap or two with 90 turbo, and then 100 turbo till engine gets ruined, I can say that 3-4 laps were nothing for these cars, I was impressed how pace keeps getting massively better even after 3-4 laps, and how handling starts reveling itself and I am starting to understand how the car handles, the immersion got great levels. I immediately understood that this won't go well with mediocore simracers, of which there are, sadly, the most. We all know that being spoiled with that much content people wont spend so much time with each car, they will do 2-3 laps quickies and call the mod "tried out, thanks".

Later that day I have joined Watkins Glen online server, tried few cars which I really loved to drive in Nurburgring, and they felt lifeless, maybe because I was tired already, maybe because track doesn't fit these cars, maybe because it is very smooth and with flat kerbs, I don't know... wouldn't be surprised if majority of negativity comes from simracers testing those cars for 2-3 laps at that or such track.

Untitled-1.jpg

Did not know you could rip your own stuff :roflmao:

Cannot be quiet...
15€?
Are you kidding me? That`s whole game AC :laugh:, specially now with discount ... come on, be serious.
This is getting out of the reins.
Never ever, specially because I am reading this is not a scratch made mod - shame on you.
--

Practically there was no word until yesterday here on RD, you have 2 messages in total and now you can to rip us off? Just btw,I rather give 15€ to @LilSki or RSS modding team, which I highly appreciate, and know for many years, and they are here around so we can watch the progress. Where were you??

Lol, douche comment

Does anyone else struggle to get past the fictional names for the cars? I edited the UI files for the BMWs and felt much more comfortable (my wife thinks that I'm on the Autism spectrum :unsure:).

Is there a list anywhere with the exact real-life names for the cars in the pack?

Totally different subject. Modding teams who are forcing people to donate isn't a donation. That's selling (mainly) copyrighted material without paying VAT.

Every modder on RD can have a donation link in their resource as long as it's free.

But you can't sell a F1 licensed car with sponsors and team names on them and disguise it as a donation to avoid legal claims and the taxes.
OT, but since you were answering to @Peter Kerényi that was mentioning ASR, I have to point that's not exactly working in that way for them. They asked for a donation ONLY if you want to have an Early Access to the development of the cars, but once released all cars are free. You can disagree with this system (as I persoanlly also disagree to modder using that way) but you can't say they FORCE you to pay. It's just a matter of waiting for the release. I personally enjoy all ASR F1 cars released for free and you can download for free on their site.
On the contrary all ASR payware mods are fictional or released in collaboration with the manufacturer (Griiip G1)

Last edited:
Jesus...I can't believe I had to get through 9 pages before I was reading any type of actual review/comments on the mod - not the price of the mod - but the quality & driveability. My first drive, I was very impressed with the car - the sounds were magnificent. Very detailed. Layered sounds/effect at a well mixed volume so the overall sound didn't start to get muddy. The car was a beast to drive too. You really need to give it about 2 laps before the rear tires are willing to behave on full throttle in gears 2 & 3. The brakes seemed good...Ice cold at first, but once you start putting some heat into them - they do their job.

As I pressed on through the rest of the cars, I have to admit I was a bit disappointed. But, I think that's more because this mod has been hyped for 15 months as being the greatest thing that could possibly land on Assetto Corsa's physics engine...and I bought into that hype.

Most of the complaints I had have already been posted. Strangely different quality in modelling and texturing from car to car. I'm starting to think the brakes are going to need some tweaking. I only had enough time for 3 laps around Barcelona just now in one of the 3H Porsche cars and it was damn impossible for me to get the brakes to stay even light green. Maybe they would have if I gave another lap or two. I don't know how real racing brakes act on a real racetrack. But, my guess would be that they should be good to go if you're pushing the car pretty hard and thereofore braking hard.

If I'm going to use these cars much I'm going to either have to bed for someone to give me a good setup, or wait until the Setup Market is full of submissions. Most of these cars do not like to rotate at all - turn in begins early, at least for me it does.

I think there is an excellent base here. The modding group is going to need to put some more time into a future update to really make it a mod that shines. In it's current form, I don't know if I could recommend it to friends...or, I know I couldn't recommend the mod to ALL friends..some could deal with it in its current state. It's getting judged much more harshly because of the fact it's a pay mod, obviously.

I will decry those comments if they don't refer to specific car and track combo. Yesterday I have spent about 7-10 laps at Nurburgring with almost every car. Started with a warm up lap, then a rather quick lap or two with 90 turbo, and then 100 turbo till engine gets ruined, I can say that 3-4 laps were nothing for these cars, I was impressed how pace keeps getting massively better even after 3-4 laps, and how handling starts reveling itself and I am starting to understand how the car handles, the immersion got great levels. I immediately understood that this won't go well with mediocore simracers, of which there are, sadly, the most. We all know that being spoiled with that much content people wont spend so much time with each car, they will do 2-3 laps quickies and call the mod "tried out, thanks".
The bolded part cannot be emphasised enough. These beasts need delicately teasing for a few laps until mutual trust develops between you and the car, and then they come alive. When they are cold, they can be temperamental b@stards!
The biggest problem I seem to have at the moment is achieving and then maintaining decent brake temperatures on long tracks.

I'd also never blown an engine before trying this pack - Crew Chief's exasperation when you do is hilarious..!

Wasn't there a free version announced with equal physics? The comments on the web and here are not too overwhelming. So I dont want to buy it blind.

Jesus...I can't believe I had to get through 9 pages before I was reading any type of actual review/comments on the mod - not the price of the mod - but the quality & driveability. My first drive, I was very impressed with the car - the sounds were magnificent. Very detailed. Layered sounds/effect at a well mixed volume so the overall sound didn't start to get muddy. The car was a beast to drive too. You really need to give it about 2 laps before the rear tires are willing to behave on full throttle in gears 2 & 3. The brakes seemed good...Ice cold at first, but once you start putting some heat into them - they do their job.

As I pressed on through the rest of the cars, I have to admit I was a bit disappointed. But, I think that's more because this mod has been hyped for 15 months as being the greatest thing that could possibly land on Assetto Corsa's physics engine...and I bought into that hype.

Most of the complaints I had have already been posted. Strangely different quality in modelling and texturing from car to car. I'm starting to think the brakes are going to need some tweaking. I only had enough time for 3 laps around Barcelona just now in one of the 3H Porsche cars and it was damn impossible for me to get the brakes to stay even light green. Maybe they would have if I gave another lap or two. I don't know how real racing brakes act on a real racetrack. But, my guess would be that they should be good to go if you're pushing the car pretty hard and thereofore braking hard.

If I'm going to use these cars much I'm going to either have to bed for someone to give me a good setup, or wait until the Setup Market is full of submissions. Most of these cars do not like to rotate at all - turn in begins early, at least for me it does.

I think there is an excellent base here. The modding group is going to need to put some more time into a future update to really make it a mod that shines. In it's current form, I don't know if I could recommend it to friends...or, I know I couldn't recommend the mod to ALL friends..some could deal with it in its current state. It's getting judged much more harshly because of the fact it's a pay mod, obviously.
Sorry, but main page article is pointing in the support page :whistling:

Does anyone else struggle to get past the fictional names for the cars? I edited the UI files for the BMWs and felt much more comfortable (my wife thinks that I'm on the Autism spectrum :unsure:).

Is there a list anywhere with the exact real-life names for the cars in the pack?

Will the change of car names give mismatch if you join a server with the original mod?

The bolded part cannot be emphasised enough. These beasts need delicately teasing for a few laps until mutual trust develops between you and the car, and then they come alive. When they are cold, they can be temperamental b@stards!
Thats exactly how these cars felt to me when I used to race them on rFactor, they were always hard to get into and be competitive right away, but very rewarding when you understood the car and u got it right. I will have to wait till next week to get the mod, waiting for some more reviews, but your comment made me more confident that this mod is exactly what it should be, temperamental b@@@@d! :thumbsup:, Cant wait to try it.

Please tell your wife that it absolutely makes my mind spin. Thankfully, someone always comes along and provides a downloadable fix. I'm sure many people here will think I'm an idiot for saying this, but if it weren't possible to change the names of the cars in this pack and the RSS GT1 pack, etc. I probably wouldn't drive the cars at all once I got past the first or second day.

The biggest problem I seem to have at the moment is achieving and then maintaining decent brake temperatures on long tracks.
I wrote something similar about needing a few laps to really get some heat into these tires. We throw that phrase around a lot, usually for good reason, but with these cars it is 100% mandatory. Try keeping your foot to the floor accelerating to redline in 3rd gear - the rear-end will try to slip out even in a straight line..and trying it around a bend...puh-leez!!! That doesn't bother me really. The brakes & heating control bothers me a lot. It really affects braking points which affect turn-in points. I'm sure some readers are going to roll their eyes at that, but I'm average skilled at best and I've never had a similar experience with brakes before. One thing I will concede is that I haven't done 10 straight laps with any of these cars. I usually pit and try tweaking my setup. So maybe the brakes just take a very long time to get green...but my guess is that even 10-15 laps wouldn't change things. Also, I usually experience quite a bit of temperature difference between front & rear tires, but these cars seem to balance the temperatures much more so the fronts are just a little hotter than the rear. Maybe that's more realistic? I don't know...Just an observation I've been making with each car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 300 34.8%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 242 28.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 160 18.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.8%