Cars DRM Revival [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have this mod but the car brand names on the first post are ridiculous......and a reason not to buy for me.
I know that the real ones require licence, but someone from the team should have though of better names to market the mod.........

puriana, lardo, delicata????? geez reminds me of toilet papers or detergents (no offence)

I have a strange crash to desktop issue with the new "RMT 121 TURBO Flachbau"
2020-08-31 143009 screenshot.jpg

When starting any session with this car in its complete vanilla state as freshly installed I will have a 100 % crash of the session after a few seconds in the session (the car loads I see the car sitting in the pitlane and about 2-3 seconds later I get an "unexpected Error" popup message and the AC crashes.

Now to the strange part:
When unpacking the data.acd and deleting the data.acd (just using the unpacked data folder without ANY modification) no crash happens and everything works as exected.

I can see this as a problem when attempting to use these cars in online racing when one is needed to use the unpacked data.acd in order to be able to connect to the server.

[CORRECTION]:
ALL BMW 320i Flachbau versions share the same problem.
Once the session is loaded AC will crash with an unexpected error message.

The fix for this is:
- unpack data.acd
- delete original data.acd
- launch AC
- no more crashing

Obviously this will not work min online sessions where the data.acd is stored on the server and a checksum test is performed :-(

Last edited:
There is one small issue with the windscreen banner of the BMW 320i Flachbau:
2020-09-01 113442 screenshot.jpg

The windscreen banner needs to be assigned the kswindscreen shader in order to work correctly in rainy weather sessions.
With the current shader rain (and reflections) will be rendered wrong in the interior view:

2020-09-01 113332 screenshot.jpg
2020-09-01 113342 screenshot.jpg

2020-09-01 113234 screenshot.jpg

[EDIT]:

This issue is present on several cars, some have ksperpixel, some have a reflective shader assigned.
As the windscreen banner on those cars is the only object in it's place the correct fix for this issue would be:
- create a second object (clone the windscreen banner object)
- make sure it's normals face towards the interior
- assign a transparent texture
- assign kswindscreen shader
- keep the exterior windscreen banner as is

- problem solved ;-)

Last edited:
There is an issue with the instrument hands on the BMW 320i Flachbau:

- instrument hands appear transparent (the instrument face are visible THROUGH the hands)

2020-09-01 115024 screenshot.jpg

You are looking at it wrong on the banner objects, there's no need to clone anything. IIRC there isn't a single car in this pack that hasn't a separate interior and exterior windscreen banner (so the interior can be placed under _HR), but there still a few parenting issues I noted on a previous post (link) regarding that, that atm are sorted via config for csp >=0.1.61. For the shader, it's not the end of the world to add a replacement later via config in the same way until properly assigned to the kn5. It's better to wait until this rain fx even goes public, so all required changes can be properly noted for a later update.

On the image you just posted what happens is that the print is on the glass and hands are behind it. It's not that hands are transparent.

There is an issue with one of the Flachbau BMW 320i:
2020-09-01 120851 screenshot.jpg

- the car's tail lights have likely too high values in lights.ini, hence have an excessive tail light glow and reflection on the road compared to all other cars (very visible in a race,)

[EDIT]:
just checked real quick, yep, it's the lights.ini ;-) Nuke that tail light baby ;-) Lucky, that's a super easy fix.

2020-09-01 121126 screenshot.jpg

You are looking at it wrong on the banner objects, there's no need to clone anything. IIRC there isn't a single car in this pack that hasn't a separate interior and exterior windscreen banner (so the interior can be placed under _HR), but there still a few parenting issues I noted on a previous post (link) regarding that, that atm are sorted via config for csp >=0.1.61. For the shader, it's not the end of the world to add a replacement later via config in the same way until properly assigned to the kn5. It's better to wait until this rain fx even goes public, so all required changes can be properly noted for a later update.

On the image you just posted what happens is that the print is on the glass and hands are behind it. It's not that hands are transparent.
Yes, I am just posting quickly what I see, as I see it, didn't dig deeper for causes.

Re.WeatherFX:
The patch is already very well documented and a dev version is readily available.
Rules re. shaders to be used on certain objects in the interior are already very well known and documented for a long time (not new to the new to be released shader patch.

shader replacements are never a good solution to a problem like this but a crutch (originally designed to be used on Kunos cars were fixes are less desireable to be done on the original KN5 files themselves.

any way we can get the cars actual names so i can change them in game
take a look here

Thanks for the response Dennis and I am looking very much forward to the next build!

That tach is indeed very interesting - the first time I ever see a tach printed on the glass itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.2%