Cars DRM Revival [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't listen what members of other paymods studio is trying to prove here.

Really, don't listen to anything anyone says from any other groups despite the fact much of the opinions match your own (and are generally positive)? Nice logic.

Just had my first taster (RMT 1001) - Feels fantastic to me! Really love it.

...physics felt pretty authentic so far.

Lots of bite under braking due to the huge scrub radius - something remember from the Jag XJ13 - not a problem, just something to get used to (which I love).

FFB feels lower than most Kunos cars ... Apart from that, no issues on that front, feels great to me.

Looking forward to checking the rest when I get a bit of time, but already some great fun to be had from the outset, despite some shortfalls already highlighted.

...Good fun though, tricky to handle but very much in a good way. :thumbsup: Feeling a lot of variety or inconsistency ... FFB strength sort of being all over the place.

Seems pretty similar to:

...cars handling and FFB. IMO those things in mod really shines...

...FFB_Mult value seems to be overdone IMO, everything else is so good !

BRTky.jpg

is there anyone of the drm group alive on this topic to respond to all the comments or will they remain in the dark?
that would be a bad thing unlike RSS and other modders always are ready to reply to negative or positive comments.

(Don't own this mod myself but) it doesn't sound like a single 'demo' car would be worthwhile with this one because, as someone - can't remember who but I respect their opinion - said, the cars may be from different sources and vary in quality. So do they release the 'best' one free and risk disappointment with the full pack, or release a lower quality one free / demo and risk putting people off and losing sales?

Looks to me that this is going to be marmite, all day long.

Gary, note, however, that chosing a good car for the hypothetical demo would be difficult to do. The mod seems to be a bit of a mixed bag (graphics-wise, as creators acknowledged, FFB & physics-wise, as some people claim?) and that creates a problem. Choose the best car for the demo - make people overhyped and angry later when they realize the rest is not the same quality. Choose the somewhat poorer car - make people underwhelmed and not realizing the full mod has better stuff to offer.

Edit - sniped by Ears with the same sentiment :D.

Already been to a few servers, where complaints flooded the chat. I then put a car on p1. A few "prf" in the chat. I choose another car, put that on p1. Seconds above p2. Meanwhile chatting what I liked, what I think was good/bad about the stock setup. People >3seconds off my time logged off, complaints stopped.
Make with that what you will, but this pack is not for the casual GT3 driver.
Right now on Watkins, trying the few I haven't tried yet: Yeah, Marod (Capri) is a beast, easy to drive and fast. The Yamamoto is very much Delicata, oversteery on power, oversteery on turn in, but very fun if you can handle it! Sound on those high revs also brings a smile :)

So far, enjoying this pack, and even I was worried about the negative reviews. After an hour getting in touch with most of the cars, the driving experience alone sets this mod up there with the best of them.

Yeah very good points above, difficult to say what the answer is really.

For me though the visuals are reasonably easy enough to judge on screenshot, SFX you can judge from video.
But its the physics thats that are the real question mark for any mod before purchase - and for me, a demo of any of these 10 cars would be enough to sway me to purchasing it, as there is no denying the sheer fun these things create.

is there anyone of the drm group alive on this topic to respond to all the comments or will they remain in the dark?
that would be a bad thing unlike RSS and other modders always are ready to reply to negative or positive comments.
Not really familiar with all of the group, but I think this is the modeller of a few of the cars :)
We was in a wobbling hype, but you are right, for some part the effect was not the best solution.

• Deleted member 197115

Any chance to improve exhaust flames animation?
On 4K they look quite low res, even pixelated, and almost cartoonishly static. And of course interior textures, dashboard in particular, as this is in front of the eyes all the times.

Yeah very good points above, difficult to say what the answer is really.

For me though the visuals are reasonably easy enough to judge on screenshot, SFX you can judge from video.
But its the physics thats that are the real question mark for any mod before purchase - and for me, a demo of any of these 10 cars would be enough to sway me to purchasing it, as there is no denying the sheer fun these things create.

The thing with a demo car will not work with this pack, yeah sure you'll get a taste of the physics, but say I get this:
__custom_showroom_1523044906.jpg

I'd say Well, this is high quality stuff well worth the money

But then if I get this:
__custom_showroom_1523044933.jpg

I'd say This is a ripoff, no way I'll pay for cheaply converted cars.

10/10 - Carma 308, Lardo Monastir, Marod Aero, Puriano 1H and 3H, Yamamoto Delicata.
9/10 - Marod Scream, RMT 1N - mostly because too heavy FFB, fixable by reducing FFB gain ingame app, will have to test on it
8/10 - RMT 1001 Perhaps I underdrove it I don't know, I felt bored with it :D

There might be some small details in a few models which may appear not to a standard of this day, but in my opinion it is not fair to reduce models to those little details, it makes sense to complain about those few bits here and there, but in the whole picture, in all the amount of centent, those are meaningless, and say that there is lack of consistency is misleading, yes one car may be done in 110percent of quality, and some other might be ~95, cry me a river.

Last edited:
I just got back from running a couple of the 935's on my favorite racetrack. I have seen the IMSA version of these cars raced here in the US many times. I would like to vent my spleen on the quality of these cars as well.
a. I am familiar with the More Atlantis team ... but I cannot remember the drivers who's names are painted on the door. Look like a couple of wieners to me.
b. Those are the cheapist and cheesiest wiper blades I have EVER seen on a car.
c. The balls of fire coming out of the tail pipe(s) are WAY over done.

I really feel as if I really over paid, and expect a patch ASAP to correct these horrible deficiencies. :rolleyes::p:p:p

Seriously, GREAT JOB, DRM. The sound IS a *little* wonky ... but I am old and mostly deaf anyoldways. Also, I printed out your manual. A manual is a nice touch, and I found it very helpful. But you need an English editor. Really.

You get 5 stars from me. What's more, I would like to put some money down as prepayment for your next Assetto Corsa release. Any chance you guys will do Can-Am and Trans-Am? Just don't take 3 years.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

10/10 - Carma 308, Lardo Monastir, Marod Aero, Puriano 1H and 3H, Yamamoto Delicata.
9/10 - Marod Scream, RMT 1N - mostly because too heavy FFB, fixable by reducing FFB gain ingame app, will have to test on it
8/10 - Perhaps I underdrove it I don't know, I felt bored with it :D

There might be some small details in a few models which may appear not to a standard of this day, but in my opinion it is not fair to reduce models to those little details, it makes sense to complain about those few bits here and there, but in the whole picture, in all the amount of centent, those are meaningless, and say that there is lack of consistency is misleading, yes one car may be done in 110percent of quality, and some other might be ~95, cry me a river.

More like 110% to 50%, and yes, visuals are about 50% or more of the whole experience, plus we're talking about 3 years of work which is not reflected on a lot of rushed details like these lower res cars and others already mentioned here.
I can cry an ocean if I want to, is only fair after they created so much expectation about this and in the end turns out it was not what a lot of us hoped it would be.

My quick impressions 2 cents: I loved this mod in rFactor, it was one of the best ever released on that platform, so I was always getting this. These are old race cars with no brakes and too much power. Most of the cars are ponderous and skittish at the same time, like if the engine of the Lotus 98T was dropped into an old Land Cruiser and let loose on a slippery track. The Capri and the 308 are just amazing - sounds and handling are really good, cockpits are up to AC standards. The Lancia is a bit off, the cockpit and the handling need work. The BMWs are good to great, I need to drive them some more to get a handle on them. There are Porsches...I don't understand Porsches.
There is some variance in the quality of the models too be sure, but, at the end of the day, we get a great bunch of murderous old bangers - and more old school cars are always welcome because modern life is rubbish.:whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 478 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 290 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 316 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 142 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 185 27.1%
Back