EasyERPMod - make modding easier

Misc EasyERPMod - make modding easier v1.4.6.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi. Im trying to try the game with a downloaded mod + a "Find&Replace" mod I created using this mod. Unfortunately, it doesnt run, producing the following error message.
[2021/09/12][23:42:51] [Error] An unknown error has occured! Please report with .log files in "Logs" folder
[2021/09/12][23:42:51] [Error] System.IO.IOException: 既に存在するファイルを作成することはできません。
/* The japanese part reads "Can not create already existing file." Sorry about it, I live in japan */
at System.IO.FileSystem.MoveFile(String sourceFullPath, String destFullPath, Boolean overwrite)
at ERPLoader.Models.ModModel.<Process>b__7_0(String relativePath)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
at ERPLoader.Models.ModModel.Process()
at ERPLoader.Program.<>c.<StartMods>b__4_1(ModModel mod)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
at ERPLoader.Program.StartMods()
at ERPLoader.Program.Main(String[] args)

[2021/09/12][23:42:51] [Log] Press any key to exit...

The game runs when I use only "Find&Replace" mods or a single downloaded mod. I hope I can find a way to resolve this because I really like what you have created! Thanks.
The error has been fixed, however, I think the 2 mods are modifying the same file? In that case, the mod with Find&Replace should have 2nd priority. You can do that by renaming the mod to sort them, for example:

1-downloaded-mod
2-find-replace-mod

This will make your downloaded mod be applied first, then Find&Replace mod will do its job. Otherwise the downloaded mod will just overwrite what you modified with Find&Replace.

Hope that makes sense

Or you can just combine them all in 1 mod folder, the app will prioritise by itself

Last edited:
Yes it can. Here are some instructions
1. You can use ERP Archiver to extract the texture files you need from official teams' liveries (the .dds files), save them somewhere.
2. Use EasyERPExplorer to create a new mod
3. In EasyERPExplorer, navigate to myteam .erp files you wish to replace (eg. myteam_ferrari.erp) then click on it to extract files to your created mod.
4. There will be a "textures" folder, find a livery file you want to replace with the official one (eg. livery_butler_<d|s|m>.dds). Rename and copy files from step 1 over.
5. Delete all other texture files, leave only modified .dds files (livery_butler... files).

These are only brief instructions, this app is only helpful if you already know how to create mods manually. But I hope it helps :D
Thanks for the reply :thumbsup:
I'm probably doing something wrong
The Ferrari paint seems to be applying, but to actually do an "fomswap" I'm guessing it's a deeper process that's waaaaay above my head :D

hey, it works on F1 2020, thks! a question, can i use it on DX11 version of the game?
Of course, but you should goto Settings (EasyERPExplorer -> Settings top-left -> View/edit) and untick "Launch game..."
After running ERPLoader, launch the game with Steam and choose the version you want to use ;)

The error has been fixed, however, I think the 2 mods are modifying the same file? In that case, the mod with Find&Replace should have 2nd priority. You can do that by renaming the mod to sort them, for example:

1-downloaded-mod
2-find-replace-mod

This will make your downloaded mod be applied first, then Find&Replace mod will do its job. Otherwise the downloaded mod will just overwrite what you modified with Find&Replace.

Hope that makes sense

Or you can just combine them all in 1 mod folder, the app will prioritise by itself
Thank you for the fix!
Unfortunately, I've been fiddling around as you said, but couldnt get the game to read the mods correctly (the game does run now though). I'm getting errors now that the software "cant find the !!!temp000.vtf files".
[X] Failed reading file "williams!!!temp000.vtf"
[*] [2 BetterWilliams] [Find&Replace] Cannot find file with name "williams!!!temp000.vtf" or file content cannot be read

Also, in my mod I currently have multiple task per file, (i.e changing mass and downforce) but it appears that only the last task is being applied per file looking into the new erp files (when running only with Find&Replace mods). If this is a known issue then sorry, I probably wasnt reading the description enough.
Thanks!

ps
Did a little more digging about the error and I guess you cant edit the same vtf file multiple times within the same mod as well?

Last edited:
Thank you for the fix!
Unfortunately, I've been fiddling around as you said, but couldnt get the game to read the mods correctly (the game does run now though). I'm getting errors now that the software "cant find the !!!temp000.vtf files".
[X] Failed reading file "williams!!!temp000.vtf"
[*] [2 BetterWilliams] [Find&Replace] Cannot find file with name "williams!!!temp000.vtf" or file content cannot be read

Also, in my mod I currently have multiple task per file, (i.e changing mass and downforce) but it appears that only the last task is being applied per file looking into the new erp files (when running only with Find&Replace mods). If this is a known issue then sorry, I probably wasnt reading the description enough.
Thanks!

ps
Did a little more digging about the error and I guess you cant edit the same vtf file multiple times within the same mod as well?
It's still working fine for me. Here is my Discord: Maxhyt#7875, send me the FindReplace.json file in your mod folder and I will have a look into it. And the log file would help too

Hello! Can anyone give me some tips how to replace helmets textures for drivers?? For example, change Valtteri Bottas helmet to Alfa Rome helmet.

Hi I'm new to using this and I am not new to modding, however I do have some mods I'd like to use and was wondering how this works where you can replace the files with having a backup that automatically starts. I've read the tutorial, but I don't really understand how it works.

Hi I'm new to using this and I am not new to modding, however I do have some mods I'd like to use and was wondering how this works where you can replace the files with having a backup that automatically starts. I've read the tutorial, but I don't really understand how it works.
Sorry for the late reply. If you just want to utilize backup feature, here is what you would want to do:
1. "Create a mod" by using EasyERPExplorer.exe. There is a button for that.
2. Click "Reveal in Explorer" to show the folder.
3. Extract the files of your mods in that folder (normally you extract to F1 2021 folder, so now extract them here).
4. Run ERPLoader.exe to start backup, run game and restore after game is closed.

Note: for step 3, make sure the folders path is the same as in F1 game folder. For example, if you have a modded common.erp file, the path should be:
_MODS/<your mod name>/2021_asset_groups/f1_2020_vehicle_package/teams/common.erp
as in F1 folder:
steamapps/common/F1 2021/2021_asset_groups/f1_2020_vehicle_package/teams/common.erp

Hey, I'm getting an error when trying to export files.

[2021/10/14][12:19:16] [Log] ===========EasyERPExplorer START===========
[2021/10/14][12:19:52] [Log] Initializing mod "Erain logo"
[2021/10/14][12:19:52] [Log] [Erain logo] Extracting emblem_aperture.erp
[2021/10/14][12:19:52] [Error] An error occurred while exporting "emblem_aperture.tif"
[2021/10/14][12:19:52] [Error] System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'libzstd' or one of its dependencies: The specified module could not be found. (0x8007007E)
at ZstdNet.ExternMethods.ZSTD_createDStream()
at ZstdNet.DecompressionStream..ctor(Stream stream, DecompressionOptions options, Int32 bufferSize)
at ZstdNet.DecompressionStream..ctor(Stream stream)
at EgoEngineLibrary.Archive.Erp.ErpFragment.GetDecompressDataStream(Boolean decompress)
at EgoEngineLibrary.Archive.Erp.ErpFragment.GetDataStream(Boolean decompress)
at EgoEngineLibrary.Archive.Erp.Data.ErpGfxSRVResource0.FromFragment(ErpFragment fragment)
at EgoEngineLibrary.Archive.Erp.Data.ErpGfxSRVResource.FromResource(ErpResource resource)
at ERPLoader.Models.TexturesModel.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<Export>b__0(ErpResource texture)

Hey, I'm getting an error when trying to export files.

[2021/10/14][12:19:16] [Log] ===========EasyERPExplorer START===========
[2021/10/14][12:19:52] [Log] Initializing mod "Erain logo"
[2021/10/14][12:19:52] [Log] [Erain logo] Extracting emblem_aperture.erp
[2021/10/14][12:19:52] [Error] An error occurred while exporting "emblem_aperture.tif"
[2021/10/14][12:19:52] [Error] System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'libzstd' or one of its dependencies: The specified module could not be found. (0x8007007E)
at ZstdNet.ExternMethods.ZSTD_createDStream()
at ZstdNet.DecompressionStream..ctor(Stream stream, DecompressionOptions options, Int32 bufferSize)
at ZstdNet.DecompressionStream..ctor(Stream stream)
at EgoEngineLibrary.Archive.Erp.ErpFragment.GetDecompressDataStream(Boolean decompress)
at EgoEngineLibrary.Archive.Erp.ErpFragment.GetDataStream(Boolean decompress)
at EgoEngineLibrary.Archive.Erp.Data.ErpGfxSRVResource0.FromFragment(ErpFragment fragment)
at EgoEngineLibrary.Archive.Erp.Data.ErpGfxSRVResource.FromResource(ErpResource resource)
at ERPLoader.Models.TexturesModel.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<Export>b__0(ErpResource texture)
Can you check if you have the file "libzstd.dll" in the folder where EasyERPLoader.exe is? If not, you can find it in "x64" folder

Can you check if you have the file "libzstd.dll" in the folder where EasyERPLoader.exe is? If not, you can find it in "x64" folder
So I managed to fix it. When I installed the .NET 5.0 you linked in the install instruction, your EasyERP and the latest Ego ERP Archiver kept telling me I needed to install .NET 5.0 even though I had. So now I installed SDK 5.0.402 instead and its working fine. The "libzstd.dll" was always there.

So I managed to fix it. When I installed the .NET 5.0 you linked in the install instruction, your EasyERP and the latest Ego ERP Archiver kept telling me I needed to install .NET 5.0 even though I had. So now I installed SDK 5.0.402 instead and its working fine. The "libzstd.dll" was always there.
That's weird, because from the log the missing file is libzstd.dll. The SDK is meant for building the app only. I'll have a look and see if something is wrong. But glad you got it to work!

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 187 66.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 120 42.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 129 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 54 19.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 77 27.5%
Back