Resource icon

Other evoHUD 1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I uninstalled AMS and then reinstalled it on my D: drive and it works now. Again I have no clue why it didn't work on the C: drive install. The Beta is also on my C: drive and it works. Weird.

I uninstalled AMS and then reinstalled it on my D: drive and it works now. Again I have no clue why it didn't work on the C: drive install. The Beta is also on my C: drive and it works. Weird.
It puzzles me. Was your install path longer than 260 characters(including drive letter) or did it contain non-ascii chars? Or did you use junction point, hard link or symbolic link?

FYI guys , installed this for me easy works great, installed for a friend and crashes as soon as you get to the garage:(. tried deleting all plugins and did an integrity check, same fault as fred has.

It puzzles me. Was your install path longer than 260 characters(including drive letter) or did it contain non-ascii chars? Or did you use junction point, hard link or symbolic link?

Yup it puzzles me also :). Doesn't make sense, and I kept thinking I either did something stupid or something should be an easy fix to get it working. I had installed both vanilla AMS and AMS beta using the default directory with steam, and steam was installed in the default directory.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista (doesn't work)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AMSBeta (works)

Saturday I made sure that there were no old hooks to plugins that may be causing problems. Even went so far as to remove default AMS plugins to see if it would work. I think I erased everything other than the steam plugin and I couldn't get EvoHUD to work.

The install path I used tonight that works is this:
D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Automobilista

Edit: One thing I noticed. On the old C: drive install, if I loaded a car/track with AI the game would crash as soon as I got to the garage. IF I chose the same car and track and opened into the time trial, I got to the garage fine without a crash. If I clicked drive the game would then crash.

Yup it puzzles me also :). Doesn't make sense, and I kept thinking I either did something stupid or something should be an easy fix to get it working. I had installed both vanilla AMS and AMS beta using the default directory with steam, and steam was installed in the default directory.

Saturday I made sure that there were no old hooks to plugins that may be causing problems. Even went so far as to remove default AMS plugins to see if it would work. I think I erased everything other than the steam plugin and I couldn't get EvoHUD to work.

Edit: One thing I noticed. On the old C: drive install, if I loaded a car/track with AI the game would crash as soon as I got to the garage. IF I chose the same car and track and opened into the time trial, I got to the garage fine without a crash. If I clicked drive the game would then crash.
Jamie has same issue Fred, as soon as it gets to garage it crashed to desktop. I removed all plugin folders, new userdata and all files in root directory etc and did an integrity check, as soon as the d3d9.dll and nut file is copied the crash was back. tried just the nut and d3d9.dll and turned sweetfx disabled and it still crahsed as soon as you get into pits.
What a shame

Hi, I am trying to install EvoHud 1.4, the game loads, I select a car and a track but the game crashes as soon as I get to the track, in the garage, exactly same problem as Fred.
My game updated to AMS ver 1.47, could it be the problem as it has a new d3d9.dll file perhaps? Thanks
I did not do a re-install yet, but did an integrity check of local files though.

Last edited:
Hi, I am trying to install EvoHud 1.4, the game loads, I select a car and a track but the game crashes as soon as I get to the track, in the garage, exactly same problem as Fred.
My game updated to AMS ver 1.47, could it be the problem as it has a new d3d9.dll file perhaps? Thanks
I did not do a re-install yet, but did an integrity check of local files though.
Exactly the same scenario for me.

it is not 1.4.7, i have it running fine with evohud 1.4, I did Jamie's install and could not stop it crashing, i used identical way of installing to mine. Go figure

it is not 1.4.7, i have it running fine with evohud 1.4, I did Jamie's install and could not stop it crashing, i used identical way of installing to mine. Go figure
Tony, so you say that yours is working but Jamie's is crashing like mine with identical install?
If that is the case then it could be a graphic driver issue or something else but not Evohud... Weird to say the least. I am going to delete all files and re-download the game. Thanks

Your install path seems no problem.
This result might be a good hint for debugging. Probably this will work, at least it won't crash before hit the drive button.

To all having CTD problem, try it.: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1j7gdr7gzw64v4d/evoHUD-snapshot220.7z

P.S. I'm tired of debugging without debugger. This is the reason why I hate anti-cheat system.

Tony, so you say that yours is working but Jamie's is crashing like mine with identical install?
If that is the case then it could be a graphic driver issue or something else but not Evohud... Weird to say the least. I am going to delete all files and re-download the game. Thanks
That is correct, his install is almost identical to mine. Mine has never been an issue and there is nothing i can do to get Jamies to work. We both have similar video cards too 1080 vs 1080ti , not sure if we are using the same driver. We both have AMS installed on seperate SSD drives as well.
Has anyone tried to see if its an issue with win 10? could it be related to user account control settings or admin privelages?
For those with issues where is your userdata folder with your profile located? in my documents or in the root of AMS
Going to do a complete new install on Jamie's to see if i can get it to work

Is this CTD win10 specific issue? Is there anyone get CTD on other os version?

@Christo Nieuwoudt, delete all evoHUD related files and only putting evoHUD.dll in plugin folder, then see what's happen. I want to know which d3d9.dll or evoHUD.dll cause CTD.

@Christo Nieuwoudt, delete all evoHUD related files and only putting evoHUD.dll in plugin folder, then see what's happen. I want to know which d3d9.dll or evoHUD.dll cause CTD.
Pretty sure it's the d3d9.dll.

I had all files put in jamies except the d3d9 and checked that dynhud was working, as soon as i copied in the d3d9.dll it crashes. Will try and confirm

I did what you say, adding only the evoHUD.dll and it did not crash.............
I downloaded the snapshot files from post #217 but it still crashed with them.
Your good intentions to make an awesome HUD now causes you a lot of pain trying to find the cause, so sorry about it.

I did what you say, adding only the evoHUD.dll and it did not crash.............
I downloaded the snapshot files from post #217 but it still crashed with them.
Your good intentions to make an awesome HUD now causes you a lot of pain trying to find the cause, so sorry about it.
No problem at all. Sooner or later, it might be the cause another issue.

Your result indicates track map read routine has a problem. Please modify enableTrackMap(true) to enableTrackMap(false) in line 10 in evoHUD.nut, then start AMS.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%