Resource icon

Other evoHUD 1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
If moving install drive(or path?) is the only way to get rid of CTD, user privilege for installed files and directory might be the cause as I mentioned before. At that point, no one listened my suggestion(not just this, all my suggestion was ignored), so I'm not sure.
We have a group of 4 or 5 people who are definitely listening to your suggestions. In the last 48hours that group along with help from @Tony and myself have put several hours in to trying to get further with the CTD. File permissions has been looked at and played with but so far with no solution.

You made a post a while ago with how to get a crash dump. I can't find it right now. What do you need from us to investigate further. With the help of the group I can get you multiple debugview++ logs and crash dumps.

Please if you have any suggestions for the CTD voice them again. With the activity on this thread it is easy to miss them but right now we have a concerted effort to try and find the cause . If you can tell us again what you need from us I will do my best to get you as much of that info as we can.

I understand what you are talking about and what the tire temp widget currently does.
The tire variation conversation started off because of someone seeking info on the tire temperature widget and what it was displaying:

So I thought it relevant to let people know what my plans are for that widget and get feedback / suggestions.

I wasn't suggesting you were talking about optimal temperature but I was looking for ideas / suggestions on how we might display optimal / too hot / too cold without having access to the optimal temperature or the type of tire selected (soft/medium/hard).
I know. But it's clearly different topic. So in that case please tell it. It's not much wise and you might look arrogant because what you said is irrelevant and you spoke your wish and asked something irrelevant.

We have a group of 4 or 5 people who are definitely listening to your suggestions. In the last 48hours that group along with help from @Tony and myself have put several hours in to trying to get further with the CTD. File permissions has been looked at and played with but so far with no solution.

You made a post a while ago with how to get a crash dump. I can't find it right now. What do you need from us to investigate further. With the help of the group I can get you multiple debugview++ logs and crash dumps.

Please if you have any suggestions for the CTD voice them again. With the activity on this thread it is easy to miss them but right now we have a concerted effort to try and find the cause . If you can tell us again what you need from us I will do my best to get you as much of that info as we can.
They only reported back if I wrote step by step instruction, otherwise, ignored. To be honest, I have no idea what I have to suggest or instruct. It seems collapse stack or memory, as the result, dump file shows meaningless information. I spend a lot of time for this and prevent it, but nothing work. The debug log they send to me shows a lot of other process get errors, it might the cause. But I'm not sure, it's completely my guess.

I'll do my best to collate dump files and debug logs. Unfortunately I start night shift tonight but might be able to hook up with the Australian guys who have been helping to coordinate some data for you.

I tried the 5.0 RC2 on the latest AMS beta released today and it works fine. However, as I am using NVIDIA DSR to render the game at 2880x1800 on a 1200p monitor, the fonts are too small. I tried increasing the font size in the nut file but this is a no go as all calculations are in pixels and it doesn't fit. Ideally, you'd want the code to be resolution independent, using device independent pixels sizes for calculations and mapped to real pixel sizes which will vary depending on screen resolution.

Last edited:
@Nobkins , I did as you asked with my beta install, unfortunately, it didn't work after creating a new profile. But the beta is on D: while the working main branch AMS is on C: now.

Last edited:
@taylajee you have a working main branch (public release) on C: but a beta AMS on D: that doesn't is that correct?

Is the beta install vanilla (no mods or anything else other than evoHUD installed)?

If so I'll send you some info on collecting crash dumps and log files for the crashing beta version.

But to be honest, I don't understand the colours either, even with that explanation. Or, more specifically, I don't really know what's good and what's bad.

Color bar is temperature variation across the tire, but it's surely odd. I implemented the code as described ISI comment in plugin source code, but front left and rear right are reversed in common knowledge of vehicle terms. It might AMS plugin parameters are wrong, but I don't know.
Generally speaking tyre temp distribution can give an indication of correct camber and pressure in the tyres. The inside temp should be slightly higher than the outside (depending on the car and tyres 5-10 deg c), with the middle temp sitting in between the two. So you expect in the ideal situation that the inside would be red, and the outside blue, and the middle always green.

Currently though, as @kenken has said it may not be setup correctly, as it looks strange. It may be that the inside and outside are not mapped correctly. I have just come over from using xD in GTR2 and PnG3 which shows the actual inside middle and outside temps on the HUD. I am happy with the bar idea instead of values but you should expect it to show on the front/rear left tyre bar outside-middle-inside temp, and on the front/rear right inside-middle-outside temp, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Yes unfortunately the optimum temperature info is not available to the HUD.
As above, i am not really fussed about optimum temp, it would be nice to easily see tyre temp differential across the tyre in an intuitive way.

@taylajee you have a working main branch (public release) on C: but a beta AMS on D: that doesn't is that correct?

Is the beta install vanilla (no mods or anything else other than evoHUD installed)?

If so I'll send you some info on collecting crash dumps and log files for the crashing beta version.
Yes correct, with beta always vanilla, while the main branch has P.G. tracks and a couple of cars only.
I would be glad to help debugging this.

Generally speaking tyre temp distribution can give an indication of correct camber and pressure in the tyres. The inside temp should be slightly higher than the outside (depending on the car and tyres 5-10 deg c), with the middle temp sitting in between the two. So you expect in the ideal situation that the inside would be red, and the outside blue, and the middle always green.

Currently though, as @kenken has said it may not be setup correctly, as it looks strange. It may be that the inside and outside are not mapped correctly. I have just come over from using xD in GTR2 and PnG3 which shows the actual inside middle and outside temps on the HUD. I am happy with the bar idea instead of values but you should expect it to show on the front/rear left tyre bar outside-middle-inside temp, and on the front/rear right inside-middle-outside temp, which doesn't seem to be the case.

As above, i am not really fussed about optimum temp, it would be nice to easily see tyre temp differential across the tyre in an intuitive way.
Sorry my mistake, it's a simple programming error.

Edit evoHUD.nut and replace
Code:
            local x = 145 + 138 * (i >> 1);
            local y = 29 + 30 * (i & 1);
in Line 244 and Line 245 with
Code:
            local x = 145 + 138 * (i & 1);
            local y = 29 + 30 * (i >> 1);

If moving install drive(or path?) is the only way to get rid of CTD, user privilege for installed files and directory might be the cause as I mentioned before. At that point, no one listened my suggestion(not just this, all my suggestion was ignored), so I'm not sure.
Or d3dx9_43.dll is missing might be the cause. It's very low possibility since dynHUD also need this DLL. It installed during AMS installation.

Color bar is temperature variation across the tire, but it's surely odd. I implemented the code as described ISI comment in plugin source code, but front left and rear right are reversed in common knowledge of vehicle terms. It might AMS plugin parameters are wrong, but I don't know.
This isnt the problem as I've edited the permissions and been through all that as I'm used to having to do that as that's often the cause of problems so tried that before coming on here. So that's not the issue at least in my case.

This is 1.5.0RC3. Please report anything unusual or odd behavior.

If there is no bug report, this will be as 1.5.0 release and it will release in next week. Sorry for changing default font again.

isKeyDown, isKeyPressed and isKeyReleased are now obsolete. These won't be removed in 1.5.0 release, but I recommend to update your nut with new input handling API as early as possible.
And I also replaced arial-bold font with Alte Haas Grotesk Bold due to all Windows don't have it.

changelog since 1.4.0-release:
  • added Direct Input controller support
  • added textWrapped, searchFile, getVersion, button and combo API functions
  • added DB_RacePitSpeed and DB_NormalPitSpeed
  • fixed track map not loading on some track
  • fixed driver name with "(AI)" prefix
  • fixed not loading DBInfo on some track and vehicle
  • fixed import failure if squirrel stack isn't empty.
  • fixed show wrong tire temperature distribution bar on tire info widget.
  • fixed potential errors.
  • replaced arial-bold font with Alte Haas Grotesk Bold.
Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fo74l2y692qyfnw/evoHUD-1.5.0RC3.7z

Sorry I sent that on mobile. Yes pit stop. Whether or not you have requested a pit stop or if you have configured a pit strategy your team automatically activates the request pit stop at the right time.

@kenken
Here are some debug logs from two users. Also something very interesting reported to me today via direct message. Does this give you any clue as to the cause?

I want to think I am getting closer to finding the crash problem. My game crash as soon as you get in the garage after the track loaded. Thus not even clicking on start button to drive out.
In previous post I mentioned I got 2 installs on C: drive:

1. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista\ -crashing
2. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista with MODS\ -not crashing

#1 crash and #2 does not crash.
So tonight I renamed #2 folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista with MODS TEMP
And then I renamed #1 to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista with MODS\

And now my game # 1 with folder name the same as the one who worked is not crashing.
And my game #2 that worked before is crashing after the folder name change.

I also have a list of things I need (you asked me to group requests together). Would you like these via PM or on this thread?

Thanks!

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 493 69.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 302 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 327 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 154 21.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 194 27.2%
Back