Resource icon

Other evoHUD 1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
This is 1.5.0RC2. Please report anything unusual or odd behavior.

isKeyDown, isKeyPressed and isKeyReleased are now obsolete. These won't be removed in 1.5.0 release, but I recommend to update your nut with new input handling API as early as possible.
And I also replaced arial-bold font with roboto-black due to all Windows don't have it.

changelog since 1.4.0-release:
  • added Direct Input controller support
  • added textWrapped, searchFile, getVersion, button and combo API functions
  • added DB_RacePitSpeed and DB_NormalPitSpeed
  • fixed track map not loading on some track
  • fixed driver name with "(AI)" prefix
  • fixed not loading DBInfo on some track and vehicle
  • fixed import failure if squirrel stack isn't empty.
  • fixed potential errors.
  • replaced arial-bold font with roboto-black.
Download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/btxsiis3x8ycrrs/evoHUD-1.5.0RC2.7z

And I also replaced arial-bold font with roboto-black due to all Windows don't have it
I may have mislead you on this. Although I can't find anything that says arialbd.ttf comes with win 10, when I was working with Christo he did have the file and his is not an upgrade from windows 7.

Can I make a suggestion. I have been using FreeFont. Latest version here. If you add a Plugins\evoHUD\fonts folder and extract just FreeSansBold.ttf from the download then simply each font reference at the top of the evoHUD.nut file for a 100% self contained HUD not dependant on any windows fonts
Code:
font = addFont("fonts\\FreeSansBold.ttf", 18.0)

The only font you need in that download is FreeSansBold.ttf (works the best) and that is just 407Kb.

@Martin Fiala I did try to use gotham that comes with DynHud. It does not have tabular numbers so with any number that changes frequently (rpm, gap ahead, gap behind etc) it is very hard to read. This video explains better.

I have not been able to find a free gotham that is the right weight (boldness) and has tabular numbers.

If you do let me know.

@kenken I'll test the 1.5 RC2 tonight and feedback as always.

With the CTD can you remind me what you need to investigate further. I know how to do debugview logs. Was there another dump file you needed? We have 3 or 4 people now who have a working version and a broken version we can test / attempt to fix.

I may have mislead you on this. Although I can't find anything that says arialbd.ttf comes with win 10, when I was working with Christo he did have the file and his is not an upgrade from windows 7.

Can I make a suggestion. I have been using FreeFont. Latest version here. If you add a Plugins\evoHUD\fonts folder and extract just FreeSansBold.ttf from the download then simply each font reference at the top of the evoHUD.nut file for a 100% self contained HUD not dependant on any windows fonts
Code:
font = addFont("fonts\\FreeSansBold.ttf", 18.0)
The only font you need in that download is FreeSansBold.ttf (works the best) and that is just 407Kb.
Did you see FAQ of Gnu FreeFont? It's basically GPL with exception. I have to obligate to state where is this font come from or etc. On the contrary, roboto fonts is under Apache License, it much simpler than GPL with exception. And its size is only 170kB.

@Nobkins I did notice that, obviously, but didn't find it all that hard to read, plus DynHUD has the same issue, even if perhaps not that pronounced. But yeah, not exactly thrilled with that, though I really like Gotham as a typeface instead of Arial. I'll think about it and see what can be done. Perhaps I'll use Roboto since it is now the default, but I'm not exactly fond of Roboto either.

Cannot get this to work. Crashes everytime I try to load a track. I've tried everything mentioned here. I've renamed the documents folder, tried both 1.4 and 1.5, downloaded the font. Nothing works, just crashes the game when I install evoHUD. The track briefly appears with the chat window and viewing portal and then crashes immediately.

@Thomas Mundy do you have more than hand one HDD. If so then please use steam to move the game to that alternative drive (right click AMS in steam library, properties, local files, move).

Then launch game.
If still crashes rename documents\automobilista and try again.

We are working on it but so far we can not find the issue.doing the above worked yesterday for 3 people with same issue

@Thomas Mundy do you have more than hand one HDD. If so then please use steam to move the game to that alternative drive (right click AMS in steam library, properties, local files, move).

Then launch game.
If still crashes rename documents\automobilista and try again.

We are working on it but so far we can not find the issue.doing the above worked yesterday for 3 people with same issue
@Thomas Mundy Jim is probably missing a vital step here which some people may not realise how to do.

In our testing the only way we got this to run with people who had the CTD issue is move the install to a new drive letter.
But to do this you MUST first go to steam->settings->downloads->Steam File Library and you must create a new library on your second drive.This video will show you how

Once you have the second library created then you will be able to move just your AMS installation to this new library via the commands Jim gave Steam Library -> Right click Automobilista -> Properties -> Local Files tab -> Move Install Folder.

Once you have moved the install then as jim said
  1. Rename your documents/Automobilista folder to Automobilista old
  2. Launch the game
  3. Create new profile (forced to create it)
  4. Test it
so far this has worked on the 3 we have tried

Last edited:
Thankfully its working great for me. Awesome mod and way better than DynHUD. Managed to tweak the nut to fit 5980x1080 and include some of Martin's updates.

The only thing i am slightly confused with is what the colour bar under the tyre temp is displaying. Is it temp difference between left and right tyre, or temp difference across the tyre? And if it is across the tyre which is the inside and outside?

If moving install drive(or path?) is the only way to get rid of CTD, user privilege for installed files and directory might be the cause as I mentioned before. At that point, no one listened my suggestion(not just this, all my suggestion was ignored), so I'm not sure.
Or d3dx9_43.dll is missing might be the cause. It's very low possibility since dynHUD also need this DLL. It installed during AMS installation.

@Pappa_G_27 @kenken made a comment about it before here:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/evohud.137118/page-9#post-2565226

But to be honest, I don't understand the colours either, even with that explanation. Or, more specifically, I don't really know what's good and what's bad.
Color bar is temperature variation across the tire, but it's surely odd. I implemented the code as described ISI comment in plugin source code, but front left and rear right are reversed in common knowledge of vehicle terms. It might AMS plugin parameters are wrong, but I don't know.

Or d3dx9_43.dll is missing might be the cause. It's very low possibility since dynHUD also need this DLL. It installed during AMS installation.
Where should this file be?

Yes unfortunately the optimum temperature info is not available to the HUD. I have not had time to look into this to see if DYNHUD or gid or the in-game hud show anything other than a guess at what is optimal. In theory only the in-game HUD has access to the data so Dyn and GID should just be guessing at what is optimal.

I do have an idea that might improve things but is not ideal. In TimeTrial mode when the car goes on track the tire temps are at the perfect temperature. This might also apply to tire pressures as well. I could make it so that the my custom HUD when it detects you going out on track in TimeTrial mode for the first time with a car takes a snapshot of what the temperatures and pressures are and stores them. This could then be used to give better info in all modes for that car. If the player has not been out in TimeTrial mode with that car then it would just guess at what is optimal.

Issues I can see are that different tires (soft,medium,hard) can be selected each with different properties so it is not a car specific setting but a tire type setting. @kenken @Alex Sawczuk is it possible to get the tire type for each wheel as data available to 3rd party HUDS? I can't find that info anywhere.

This is 1.5.0RC2. Please report anything unusual or odd behavior.

isKeyDown, isKeyPressed and isKeyReleased are now obsolete. These won't be removed in 1.5.0 release, but I recommend to update your nut with new input handling API as early as possible.
And I also replaced arial-bold font with roboto-black due to all Windows don't have it.

changelog since 1.4.0-release:
  • added Direct Input controller support
  • added textWrapped, searchFile, getVersion, button and combo API functions
  • added DB_RacePitSpeed and DB_NormalPitSpeed
  • fixed track map not loading on some track
  • fixed driver name with "(AI)" prefix
  • fixed not loading DBInfo on some track and vehicle
  • fixed import failure if squirrel stack isn't empty.
  • fixed potential errors.
  • replaced arial-bold font with roboto-black.
Download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/btxsiis3x8ycrrs/evoHUD-1.5.0RC2.7z
yeah i hope that now trackmap always loads now. i love the style of this hud and i want to keep with it, it makes the ams more modern. thank you and cheers to all the developers and supporters.

Last edited:
Where should this file be?

Yes unfortunately the optimum temperature info is not available to the HUD. I have not had time to look into this to see if DYNHUD or gid or the in-game hud show anything other than a guess at what is optimal. In theory only the in-game HUD has access to the data so Dyn and GID should just be guessing at what is optimal.

I do have an idea that might improve things but is not ideal. In TimeTrial mode when the car goes on track the tire temps are at the perfect temperature. This might also apply to tire pressures as well. I could make it so that the my custom HUD when it detects you going out on track in TimeTrial mode for the first time with a car takes a snapshot of what the temperatures and pressures are and stores them. This could then be used to give better info in all modes for that car. If the player has not been out in TimeTrial mode with that car then it would just guess at what is optimal.

Issues I can see are that different tires (soft,medium,hard) can be selected each with different properties so it is not a car specific setting but a tire type setting. @kenken @Alex Sawczuk is it possible to get the tire type for each wheel as data available to 3rd party HUDS? I can't find that info anywhere.
It should be in windows system directory. If not, simple solution is install directx runtime(setup file is in AMS\Support\DirectX\Install) manually, or put AMS directory manually(it should be the same place with d3d9.dll).

Excuse me, we are not talking about optimum tire temperature. Anyway, unfortunately, there is no such parameters in plugin.

Excuse me, we are not talking about optimum tire temperature.
Color bar is temperature variation across the tire, but it's surely odd.
I understand what you are talking about and what the tire temp widget currently does.
The tire variation conversation started off because of someone seeking info on the tire temperature widget and what it was displaying:
The only thing i am slightly confused with is what the colour bar under the tyre temp is displaying. Is it temp difference between left and right tyre, or temp difference across the tyre? And if it is across the tyre which is the inside and outside?
So I thought it relevant to let people know what my plans are for that widget and get feedback / suggestions.

I wasn't suggesting you were talking about optimal temperature but I was looking for ideas / suggestions on how we might display optimal / too hot / too cold without having access to the optimal temperature or the type of tire selected (soft/medium/hard).

hello, with the last version 1.4 its working fine,unique issue is some trackmaps not loading (sepang,...), do u recomend me to go to 1.5 or wait? someones has said that works fine....but i dont want to have to reinstall ams....:D. i only want a recommendation :p . thank you!.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • WEC app/website

• Watch party

• At a friends house

Votes: 0 0.0%